American Dad!

Monday 9:30 PM on TBS Premiered Feb 06, 2005 In Season

TVTome_Shadow

American Dad! Fan Reviews (698)

• Get rid of Synetech

This person has much worse behavior than Roger does. THIS PERSON is the one who has no redeeming qualities! He/she is touchy and incompatible.
  • This show is a spin-off of Family Guy, and it is great!

American Dad is a great show. And anybody who says it is a ripoff of FG, it is not true. AD is a spinoff of FG. Ripoffs and spinoffs are not the same, you know. Anyways, American Dad is about a father named Stan Smith who is with his family, which includes of course Roger the alien and Klaus the goldfish. This show is great. It is awesome.
  • Get rid of Roger

0.0
    This show would actually be okay if it weren't for Roger; he is the absolute worst thing about the show (much worse than Stan's extreme-right attitude). Roger has no redeeming qualities, he is only irritating and annoying.
  • At least This Show Did Not Tank After Family Guy Did In Season 10-11-12-13-14

Family Guy's recent episodes contain flat jokes and burned out comedy.

American Dad! recent episodes are pure comedy.
  • interesting sugestion

Hello, you should make Roger dress as Carmen Sandiego, since he love to dress as a women and he loves the spotlight haha, and Steve as Waldo
  • Epic.

Sonic
  • American Dad should Renew More Season's

The show is better then the Simpsons and Family Guy No offences Do not End the show cause it's amazing to watch and there should increase the episode as well Cause season 13 is really less American dad should not be cancelled it should be running like the Simpsons I think american dad should have 30 seasons with increase in episode as well and should make it more funny as well.
  • Hmm..

I only watch this show once in the blue moon. I do like it, but I just don't think it has the potential and the love for the characters that Family Guy does. Even though FG has gone downhill, I'll always prefer it.
  • Better Than Family Guy

American Dad is better than Family Guy, but it's not perfect. A great watch, but amazing.
  • Does anybody know???

Why is the episode listing for season 11 messed up. It has 2 episodes 1, 3 episodes 2, it is missing episode 4. It has 3 first time viewings on 9/14, these 3 episodes listed are really 2 episodes, one of them combines the two, and the descriptions are not all right, and so on. If anybody, particularly from the show, can set this straight, that would be great.

To not happy below, I really feel for you and your condition but I do not think the networks or the show is going to agree to your wish, instead they would probably tell you that as soon as you see those kinds of lights or video, to look away and not watch it. I am not trying to be mean, I have had friends with epilepsy and their lives were miserable. I wish you the best of luck.
  • family guy is better

reasons why family guy is better:

1. has cutaways unlike shitmerican poop

2. has funnier plots like peter having sex with children

3. brian is so freaky roger is so stupid and probably sucks on speedy gonzales' dad's dick becase he has problems

so watch family guy not this it is an unamerican show and i hope the writers get sued
  • not happy

I need someone in charge to send me a message! The new commercial you have out almost threw me into a seizure! The one where Roger is flipping the lights on and off saying drama! I have a disorder called epilepsy and flashing lights, strobe lights and many other things can send me into one! I just came out of the hospital after being in there for several days because I broke my back in six different places because of a seizure, I do not want to end up in a wheelchair because you decided it wasn't necessary to put a warning on that commercial and show before it's plays. If I do not receive an email from someone then I'll just have to take farther action. Thank you.

Rachael Jones

My email is
  • poor writing

The episode were transfat gets banned and the vending machine at the cia is stocked with celery doesn't make sence the law was a state law the cia building is federal land thus that wouldn't happen.
  • Hiatus?

It's been 2.5 months since a new episode of American Dad, and they only aired 6 episodes to begin with. Are the new seasons only 16 episodes now?
  • Seth's only good show now.

Let me start off with saying that this show is way better then Family guy. But I can't just say that without some valid reasoning right? Well, American dad!, on the humor part, relies on satires, rather than on Family guy's cut away gags ( now don't get me wrong, Family guy used to be really good, but it got to crude and just plain unfunny in my opinion ). Also, while Family guy nowadays relies more on is crude, overused, and plain unfunny humor. American dad! does have funny humor. Not to mention its unique and lovable cast:

Stan Smith: a heavily conservative CIA agent, husband and father, who often clashes with his family because of his point of views and attitudes. Can be quick-witted, and will stop at nothing to ''keep America pure''

Francine Smith: Basically the trophy wife of the family. She is usually at the house, but there are occasions where she is willing to do something different, sometimes with the help of Roger.

Roger Smith: Undoubtly the funniest character on the show. Roger is a zany alien who is most of the time drunk, takes reckless decisions, and acts like a mentor to Steve. He has made countless alter egos, who bring him in trouble at times, but also bring great humor to the show.

Steve Smith: The youngest son of Francine and Stan. He is the nerdy and wimpy kid of the show. He tries to come over as confident to his peers, though he (possibly?) suffers from low esteem. However, he is very loyal to his friends and family, and will help them with anything, even if he will get hurt in the process. He's also very smart and wise.

Hayley Smith: Stan and Francine's eldest daughter. She is ultra liberal, and usually spends her time either smoking weed, protesting against things or helping the homeless. But don't let her nice side fool you, cause she has a temper and knows how to stand up for herself.

Klaus Heissler: A german skier who switched brains with a goldfish, and is now in a goldfish's body. He is found in either his fishbowl, or he is dragging around in a dish with water. He is usually treated like a outcast. Also, Klaus usually has dark behaviour, and plans witty evil schemes on those who do things to him unexpectly.

So yeah, that's the basic outline of the characters. If you thought the characters sounded great, the plots are just as great! The plotlines are very enjoyable to watch, and each episode has new humor or other ideas added in. One episode had Stan buying a hot tub, to relieve all his stress, amd Not to mention the awesome voices and designs the characters have, even the background/minor characters!

All in all, this is a hilarious show with much uniqueness added in its characters, humor, plots and art. A show that handles satire humor excellent.

10/10

• Seth MacFarlane colpisce ancora!

American Dad la mia seconda serie televisiva preferita dopo I Griffin e The Simpsons che mi ha saputo coinvolgere dall'inizio alla fine!
  • Quite enjoyed early on

Many ep (05-14)
  • Top three.

I only have three shows that I watch exclusively, and those are American Dad, Family Guy, and Futurama.

NO, American Dad is NOT a knockoff of Family Guy. They are two different shows with extremely different plot points and different jokes.

American Dad is amazing, and should never be canceled. It could end, but I don't see that happening. I love it, and several new episodes could be created, if they put their minds to it.

I love it.

10/10.
  • you now it is true

american dad is just a knock off of family guy!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Better than Family Guy's recent seasons

Family Guy hasn't been good since like season 9 and this is a breath of fresh air. I like Roger, he's the best but some of the characters do get annoying and there have been a few times they have crossed gender lines (Can I Frank With You, Stan Goes on The Pill) But overall a lot better than Family Guy's past 2 or 3 seasons. At least the plot and jokes are not repetitive unlike in Family Guy.
  • Bored to death

Here lies American Dad which was not funny and annoying. No but seriously, this show is completely ridiculous. It's not that funny and I don't care what people think of my rating.
  • lame and annoying, but still good

this show is one of my favorites, but some of the characters are just as annoying as hell, like roger. if they made him less successful and let us see him suffer for once, then I would still watch this. otherwise the simpsons is still the best show ever for me. though this show still makes me laugh, still love the other characters.
  • Not as good as Family Guy, but is still a great show.

Some of you soccermoms think this isn't for kids and should be canceled, but this is FUNNY! Not close to Family Guy, but again, this show is great. Sometimes I watch this on Adult Swim when I have trouble going to sleep. It's a pretty entertaining, yet funny show! My dad sometimes likes to watch this and Family Guy, but at other times he thinks this show is stupid. I really don't care what he thinks, I care what I think, so in conclusion, you should check out this show.
  • What's to review, when are the next episodes on??

I'm having cartoon withdrawal symptoms - where's tne info about any upcoming episodes, and more importantly when are the next episodes of Am Dad, Simpsons & Fam Guy airing??? The Simpsons page says the next episode will not be on until the fourth of MAY!!!?! This page and FG's page give no info re upcoming episodes AT ALL either - they haven't had any info for weeks! What's going on, has Hollywood flooded or something???... Anyone??
  • Roger has joined the ranks of Bugs Bunny. Who's with me?!?

You seriously have to wonder where the inspiration for Roger came from: an alcoholic, drug-addict, pansexual, sociopathic, Pure genius. And whether one is a fan of "American Dad" or have to tune in just to see what Roger will say or do next (very reminiscent of Howard Stern's "Private Parts"). I wish Seth would market Roger toys--a life-size plush, perhaps?

On a more serious the hell is happening to the show's direction these days? This current season is more dramatic than comical. With the animation sharper than it's ever been, but why is the tone so somber lately? I find myself excitedly tuning in for Roger's shenanigans and end up squirming thru some coming-of-age melodrama with Steve. I didn't sign up for that! Hell, Roger hardly has any screen time in these latest episodes. PLEASE tell me they are not trying to add "substance" to an otherwise perfect cartoon concept (ala "Simpsons" for the past 10 years and "South Park" for the past 2 years).

I gave up a LONG time ago on "Family Guy"...

Signed,

Roger's #1 fan
  • A Seth MacFarlane Show With Little Involvement from Seth Himself

This wonderful show has surprised me in so many ways and being completely different from Family Guy with its surrealism and wacky situations. Mike Barker and Matt Weitzman, who have been showrunners for most of this show's run, have done an excellent job maintaining the show's integrity for all these years and making sure that the characters maintain their likeability, which is a common complaint that I've seen regarding Family Guy and its character changes. Roger by far is the #1 reason to watch the show, but Stan, Francine, Steve, and Klaus are also pretty cool. If you really hate Seth MacFarlane stuff, you should really give AD a try, starting with Season 2 or 3. Season 1's underrated but the show hadn't developed its personality yet.
  • The show that pissed off America

This show, if considered a political show, is the best of its kind. It's a weird case: The show's first episodes sucked so bad I almost shot the TV. Why didn't they just stay with Family Guy? But as it progressed, it became a show almost as good as its predecessor. With the funniest, best alien since ALF, and the most iconic government worker, this show is sure to become legend. Think of any conspiracy, any fault America or a president has committed, and American Dad has made or will make an episode about it.

Warning: Don't watch if you are close minded or are obsessed with America
  • stan smith has made america look fantastic for the world

people may know that american dad may be seth macfarlane's best show, but the smiths will always live in langley falls on 43 cherry street. the episodes were well written, and makes the plot stable into the underworld of the animation history. my favorite characters are francine smith, and akiko yoshida.

besides that, roger smith can disguise as anyone such as bill gates (although the bill gates disguise is nowhere to be found in any episode, just a sample of his disguises).

i can imagine what the american dad spin off would be like in the future.. if 2018 was here, and all of the planets align, an american dad spin off would be officially announced.

i wanted to thank seth macfarlane and his "american" work of this great although the show has criticisms similar to other of his tv shows on fox animation.
  • Not all bad, just....

I`m not really into this show. I`d rather watch the Simpsons or Family Guy instead of this. Still, I have to congradulate the creator of the show. The animation is pretty good and the plots are not half bad themselves. Still, it`s just not my cup of tea. Hope you understand.
  • Stan really knows how to wake up America!

Another funny show by Seth McFarlane! It's quite swell!