American Dad!

Roger 'n Me

Aired Sunday 9:30 PM Apr 23, 2006 on FOX

• Superb with a couple problems

When Stan goes to Atlantic City for a bachelor party and is shunned by his so-called best friend, Roger steps in and becomes Stan's new sidekick. Their friendship goes to a whole new level, but when they return home and face Francine, Stan realizes that what happens in Atlantic City doesn't necessarily stay there. Meanwhile, Hayley and Steve team up to break up a good-looking couple. I thought this episode was superb. I think both plots are equal (meaning they are both superb, but had its problems). Roger was getting annoying and the subplot was getting a little boring in 1-2 scenes. But anyway, this episode was funny and it had humor such as Roger ending up at the luage while Stan point a gun at him, Steve and Hayley trying to break a couple by doing pranks, Stan and Roger drunk at the pool, Francine trying to know what happened, Stan and Roger run into Francine twice, the game show, and the ending. Overall, a superb episode of American Dad. 9/10
  • Perfect

Overall, both plots were great, although Steve's plot was hilarious

Overall a 10 out of 10

• Stan and Roger have their friendship to a whole new level in Atlantic City

I thought that this was an excellent episode of "American Dad" and it was pretty funny. The beginning was funny when Stan and Francine were about to go out of town and then Roger asked Francine about him spending time with him and then Roger pops out of Stan's luggage, Stan points a gun at Roger. Stan and Roger doing being drunk at Atlantic City was pretty funny. The subplot with Haley and Steve trying to break up a couple so they can go out with them was very funny to watch. It was very funny when Stan and Roger run over Francine twice. It was very funny when Stan and Roger went on the game show "Best Buddies" when they need the money to pay for Francine at the hospital. The end of Haley and Steve's subplot was hilarious when one guy gets his face burned and the one girl gets caught by a crocodile. Roger telling Stan to guess from his heart of Roger's favorite movie is and Stan guessed "White Chicks" was hilarious. The very ending was very funny as well. The only thing I didn't like was the jakoozie scene with Stan and Roger... it just seemed a little disturbing. Overall, an excellent episode of "American Dad". 9.5/10
  • superb

Roger and Stan bond in Atlantic City, and their friendship reaches new heights. But soon they get in a fight that results in Francine going to the hospital and needing a really expensive surgery that Stan can't pay for. They go on a TV game show called Best Buddiez, but will they be able to win? Steve and Haley try to break up a couple so Steve can date the girl and Haley can date the guy. Will their plan work?

Good episode. Stan and Roger are my favorite characters, and I liked how they became friends, and I liked Roger saving Francine at the end. The sub plot was kind of boring, but rest assured, it did have some good parts. A- or so is my final grade for this episode.
  • Stan and roger get very close being buddies. steve and kaylie work together providing some of the funniest stuff in the episode. and francine gets ran over.

Its great to have new episodes back. This is a great start to the new season and this was a hilarious episode.

Stan and roger were great together. that scene in the hot tub was great. it involves probing,lol. great stuff. i couldnt stop laughing. stan then, this was totally obvious, gets weirded out and starts acting like the guy who regrets it in those stupid teen dramas. roger plays the role of the girl in the relationship and francine gets suspicious. francine gets ran over by stan and roger saves the day by probing the doctor to get the medical knowldge to perform the surgery.

Steve and kaylie were also great together. their plot was funny and the park scene was hilarious.
  • Great Episode!!

excellent show, with roger wanting a best friend and stan loosing what he though was his best friend, haili and steve plot to break up to people so that they can swoop in and comfort them after the break up and get in there unfortunatly the break up doesnt quite work and it eds up with them both being injured, and the bit when stan is trying to sell the poodles and tells the women its 179 thousand dollers, stan and rodger go on ashow to will 200,000 but stan has a problem when it coms to the reversal round!
  • A great episode.

I love this episode! It seems American Dad is getting better and family guy isn't.This was very funny and that probe thing was hilarious! LOL I think that people should stop comparing this show to family guy. So is roger gay? I think he's genderless. But who knows for sure?

• Best episode in a while.

This was a great episode. It included so many great moments, such as the gameshow "Best Buddiez" where Stan and Roger compete together to win money for Francine's surgery. Funny stuff. Also, when Steve and Hayley conspire to break up a couple, it brought us some of the funniest American Dad moments ever. Flaming people. At least, thats what I think happened. Yep, great, great stuff from American Dad, and I hope they keep pumping out good stuff like this from now on.
  • As per, not so great!

5.9
    This episode's plot really didn't work, even if it had some of the best jokes the show ever has. This episode is about Stan being invited to his old best friends party....because Stan was never meant to be envited Stan gets upset and Roger trys to be best friends with him, they start getting along until Roger tells him that on his planet best friends have a way of connecting...Stan totally drunk agrees and they end up having sex and Roger gets all of Stans memories. Francine knowing that something is going on spys on them and gets horridly injured. I found the story in this episode to be out of character from what we know about Stan and didn't really work for me.
  • Very disturbing... yet funny

I'm not sure if an inter-species night of information gathering probing counts as cheating but it sure should! Roger's relationship with Stan becomes a friendship instead of bitter resentment, then becomes more than a friendship when Roger wants to probe Stan in a way that would make homophobics squirm.

The doctor believing that all men were sexist, Steve and Hailey losing interest when their crushes lose their body or faces and Francine's suspicions are all hilarious scenes in this episode that really pushes the boundaries of acceptable television.

Overall, this is a very amusing episode but at times seems to drag on a little bit.
  • Very cliched.

4.9
    I did not think this episode was funny at all. I know the show usually relies on cliches, but this one went overboard.

The plot line with the kids trying to break up the couple could have been a lot funnier. The earring thing was ok, but using the sound clips was stupid. Then, the fact that the girl got eaten by a crocodile (or alligator) was just dumb. I would have preferred if they did something slightly more realistic.

The whole thing with Stan pushing Roger to go further and then regretting it in the morinng was way too cliche for me.
  • Funny.

7.3
    This is a pretty good episode, I laughed all the way through, but was very disturbed when I first saw it, simply because of the fact that Roger did 'something' to Stan, but it was funny at the same time.

The whole 'I slept with your best friend' plot had a hilarious twist in this episode and Roger kind of I guess loving Stan in this was just hilarious, and the fact that they did the probing episode was something I never thought the creators or the network would have the guts to do.

A awesome episode with a great plot and alot of laughs.
  • Without the disappointing ending this would have been perfect.

Roger and Stan on good terms. Sounds like King of the Hill and a funny episode.

Truely though, this episode takes an unbelievable premise and makes it believable. It has some great twists and turns in the main plot.

The secondary plot of Steve and Hayley breaking up a couple for their own purposes isn't very good and eats lots of screentime. The ending is really disappointing and seems to take the validity out of the whole thing.

Other than that, a good episode for hte first season. If only Stan would have remembered Roger's favorite movie. I understand what they went for, but I didn't find it funny.
  • I really enjoyed thia!

This was a very great episode of American Dad! and I foun that it was quite funny, very enjoyable and highly amazing!

I don't think there was a minute of this that I didn't like, because it was so funny, and very good. Roger was at his best, as usual, and I really enjoyed seeing he and Stan as 'friends', although I am sure that it won't last.

Would really reacommend this episode to anybody, beacause I'm sure it can put a smile on anybody's face, and it can make anybody laugh! Definitely a gret episode, and I can't wait for some more great episodes!

Keep it up, American Dad!.
  • One of the funniest episodes ever!

I loved this episode. It was so funny! I am glad to see this show back! This episode was about how much Roger wanted a best buddy. Back where Roger used to live there was some \\\"ritual\\\" on how to become best of friends but you have to become pretty close, and Stan was all for it because he was very drunk. After they woke up and Stan relised what he let Roger do to him everything changed. All in all it was very funny to see Stan act like an ass because him and Roger become close friends. this was a perfect Episode!
  • Excellent Start to the new season.

Yes! I had hoped they would continue with great episodes and they did! Great episode, Rogers begging scene with Stan in the hotel room was great. Stan showing up to the party, only to find out that he wasnt supposed to be invited was very funny. I also found the scene with Roger and Stan in the hottub Hilarious, it made the episode. The whole probing thing to become best buds, haha, priceless. I also really enjoyed Steve and Hailey's sub-plot, it really worked, and it was funny.

A very excellent start to the new season and I hope they continue along with the trend.