American Dad!

Shallow Vows

Aired Sunday 9:30 PM Nov 15, 2009 on FOX

• Not so good.

When Stan lets it slip that he only married Francine for her looks days before they renew their wedding vows, Francine purposely lets herself go so she can see if Stan really does love her. Meanwhile, Steve and Hayley go on the run when one of Roger's personalities threatens to kill them.

5 out of 10

• great

What I liked: Roger's persona stabbing Steve, Toshi painting Steve and Haley and then ruining it, the ending of the episode, Stan having his retina's removed, Roger telling Stan about his website, amongst other things.

Pretty decent. I remember watching it when it originally aired, and not liking it a lot, but I rewatched it recently and it was pretty funny. B+ or so as my final grade
  • Fair.

They did this exact episode on Family Guy already. Peter does not appreciate Lois so she gains a large amount of weight and becomes disgusting in appearance. American Dad did take things a step further having Francine's teeth, unibrow and armhair messed up as well, but that does not make up for the episode's lack of originality overall.

While Stan was funny here, we could have used a bit more Roger and an actual storyline for Steve in this episode, to provide a few more laughs.

Fair installment of American Dad, but certainly not groundbreaking TV by any stretch of the imagination.
  • Francine lets herself go to test Stan to see if he loves her.

meh. It contadicts the previous episodes with why Stan and Francine love each other. And yet again Roger goes around being a jerk to Steve and Hayley and he gets away with it. Very depressing episode in the fact that two people would love each other until they got sick or didn't look pretty anymore. If that was supposed to be a joke I didn't find it funny at all. I know some people are like that, but the way Stan and Francine have been portrayed before you wouldn't think they were like that. Could have ended with them learning something in the end at least.
  • After Stan slips and says he only married Francine for her looks she decides to let herself go.

This was another great episode of American dad. Fran got ugly and we found out what she did to stay beautiful. Encluding running on a tredmill until she pukes her gutts out and a lunch of iced tea and laxetives. When Fran described what she did to stay sexy had me laughing way past the clip. Than Stan has a blown up poster of Fran's drivers license on the ceiling while his is making live to a now fat fran looking at her old weight 109. Roger's alter ego Jeannie Gold had me laughing as well. She looked like Joan Cuisake.
FOX