American Dad!

Stan Knows Best

Aired Sunday 9:30 PM May 08, 2005 on FOX

• Stan cuts off Hayley's hair while Rodger pretends to be Steve's disfigured sister.

As someone who is into bald humor, I was laughing so hard at this episode. It was so funny when Stan cut off all of Hayley's hair and she woke up bald. It was also funny when Steve got kicked in the crotch and I liked the idea of Rodger pretending to be his sister, who is a burn victim, just so Steve could win a girl's heart. The only flaw that I found within this episode was how everyone booed and pelted Hayley when her wig fell off, to reveal that she was bald. I just found that to be mean spirited. Other than that, I think this episode is funny and has a great plot and subplot. I give it a 9.5/10!
  • Super

I love This Episode

Funny, Epic and Sexy ^,^
  • Another decent episode of American Dad

Hayley comes home from a Green Party rally with her hair dyed green, instigating a fight with Stan. While she's sleeping, Stan cuts her hair (for her own good, of course). After learning of what Stan did, a wigged Hayley defies her father yet again by moving into the van of her new boyfriend. When Stan cuts her off financially, she gets a job as a waitress in a strip club, which pushes Stan right off the edge. Meanwhile, Steve tries to pass Roger off as his disfigured sister in order to cop a feel with a female classmate. Again, it was decent like Threat Levels. But it was better than the last two episodes. This was probably the offical introduction of Jeff Fischer (to the Smiths), but he briefly appeared in the pilot. He was decent in this episode. Stan shaving Haley's head (because she had it green) was funny. Stan showing us the first ladies' wigs was funny as well. Steve thinking Roger is ugly was drop dead funny. Francine saying "Hayley's working at a booby bar?! And she traded shifts with Tina?! What does Tina have to do that's so important? Oh, wait, this isn't about Tina! This isn't about Tina! It's never been about Tina." was very funny and the most funniest line I heard in this episode. I laughed a couple times but that's probably it. Overall a decent episode. 7.5/10
  • Perfect.

Overall, this was great, Roger's plot was the best in the episode, and it was hilarious

10 out of 10

• superb

Stan thinks he knows what he is doing when it is about raising Haley, but things go wrong when he makes a mistake and Haley moves out of the Smith house and into her boyfriend's 'house', which is really just his truck. Will Stan figure out a way to have Haley come back home?

Good episode, one of my favorites of season one thus far. It had some humorous parts (Stan and Francine literally encouraging Haley to strip in front of them and those other adults was pretty funny) and it was a great plot, I thought. So my final grade is going to be an A- or so. Not perfect but pretty dang close, I'd say.
  • this was a good ep

in this ep of american dad stan gets into arguement about his daughter diey her hair green and he does not like that and so he goes in and cuts her hair off and she is bald thing is she evne goes even fairther by moving in with her boyfriend in van and the mother gets up set about it and wants stan to go get her .and stan finds her at a stripclub and the parents come to the club to go get her back and stan beats up all the strippers and she comes home. this was a good ep
  • This is a great episode.

This episode is hillarious and some hillarious parts are when everyone are trying to guess the gun part amd Klaus guess' a gun part and Roger says what are you stupid and Klaus starts yelling say that in my bowl I dare you, say that in my bowl and when Steve says that Haley is almost as ugly as Roger after Stan cut all of her hair out. Also it is hillarious when Stan says to well at least the last time you ran away you ran away you made it to the stop sign. Overall an that made American Dad a top notch show after just three episodes.
  • One of the better Season 1 episodes.

Stan and Hayley really go head to head for the first time in the series. This episode also introduces one of my favorite supporting characters, Jeff Fisher, Hayley's boyfriend. The main plot is entertaining, and gives some pretty interesting perspective. The jokes are mostly good, but suffer from crassness. The secondary plot is about Steve trying to get a girl, as almost every episode is. This time, Roger's thrown in with low self-esteem issues. This makes it much more interesting than normal. Roger is as usual the best character in the show. It's not too preachy, but there is something of a lesson floating around in this hilarious 22 minutes. One of the betters season 1 episodes.
  • So wait is Hayley a Whoare or a stripper or Both?

I like this episode, one main reason is my favourite haracter is sort of in the main cycle of the story, of course I mean Scott Fischer, this is good: Hayley,

What is Hayley, webster's dictionary describes it as a slut. Now she takes it to a new level she becomes a stripper while at the same time, very hilariously being bald, when I first saw what Stan did to her hair, i was ROFLMAO, it was so hilarious, this is probaply in my top five, it's just one of those episodes, that makes me laugh even after it's finished.

Great!
  • After Hayley dies her hair green, Stan shaves it off. Hayley then moves in with her boyfriend, only to learn he lives in his van.

Hayley comes home with green hair. Stan hates it and shaves it off. After Stan disapproves with her boyfriend Jeff, Hayley moves in with him. She then learns Jeff lives in his van. After Stan cuts her of her credit cards, she needs money to stay in school. She takes up stripping to get the money. She then realizes she likes it. Stan finds out and he and Jeff beat up strippers. Francine talks to Stan and Hayley and she agrees to move back in. She wants to continue stripping, but her cover is blown when her wig falls off.
  • Further develops the Stan and Hayley interactions.

This was another pretty good episode, featuring Hayley dying her hair green, only to have it cut off by Stan - in response she moves into Jeff's van - which of course works out about as well as you'd expect!
    I thought the idea of Stan and Francine sitting there cheering Hayley on was novel, and I can imagine my parents sinking to that if I ever tried it! But the response when Hayley lost her wig was a little unlikely - I mean, guys don't go strip clubs to look at the hair of the dancers right?
    Ah well, it was a pretty good show, nothing really stand out about it as far as I'm concerned, but nothing too awful either :)
  • stan and hayley clash again

this episode's main purpose is to continue the development of the characters. we see stan and hayley continue to fight this time about stan just disagreeing with what hayley is doing and trying to run her life. he cuts her hair off when she comes home with it died green, which is pretty funny. and she moves in with her boyfriend jeff (his van which breaks down just outside of the house). as stan cuts her off, she works as a stripper to pay her tuition at the community college. the side story with roger and steve was dumb. not a bad episode but there have been better ones.
  • Hailey becomes a stripper

From the family game night (guess that gun part) to the supportive parents, this episode is where American Dad really starts to take off, with a terrific Stan/Hailey plot that has many great Stan lines such as “At least the first time you ran away, you made it to the stop sign… That’s funny, I’m funny!” and some great scenes involving Stan cutting Hailey’s hair and the stripper fight.

The B story of Steve wanting to prove to the guys he can get to second base is a very amusing subplot, with Roger having some hilarious moments pretending to be a 98% burned Hailey and Steve getting a grope with a foot.

Overall, this is a terrific episode and goes one step further than the first two in quality and humour.
  • Not that great, but tis a lot better then most of them.

7.9
    Hayley comes home with her hair dyed green, because of a Green Party Rally. Stan wants her to get rid of it, but Hayler refused to do so. So Stan cuts all her hair off. Hayley gets agree about it, and gets a wig. Then moves in with her boyfriend, who happens to live in a van. Stan than cuts her college fud off, so now she has to work at a strip club. Stan gets very agree by this, so when he learns tha the needs to be more supportive to the whole thing. Hayley was okay with it, until her wig falls off. Then she goes back home, but Stan is till over pretective about it.
    Meanwhile, Steve pretends that Roger is his sister that was burned so he could get a date for the dance. It work, until they both started fighting and the girl who Steve liked left. Steve said that it was his fault, then Roger said it was his. Then Roger gives Steve that girl\'s bra so Steve can so his friends.
  • Hayley dies her hair green. Stan uses a razor with a silencer to cut it off at night. Hayley then leaves home and goes to work at a strip club.

Another classic episode of American Dad. This episode contains some of the best lines from Roger, the resident alien. When Hayley leaves the house, she moves into her boyfriend's van. When they have to use the can, they literally have to use a can. Stan is just too funny when the guys from work go to lunch at the buffet at the strip club.

Roger's best line from tonight:

Nice hair. Carpet match the curtains?