American Dad!

Stanny Tendergrass

Aired Sunday 9:30 PM Jan 29, 2012 on FOX

• Stanny Tendergrass

You are not a human if you did not feel patriotic pride as Hulk Hogan and company beat up the goons at the club. This episode taught you a lot about the difference between greed and just working hard for money, and there is actually some truth to the middle class handshake. A good message, but more importantly, it was pretty funny.
  • Better than "The Unbrave One" but this episode still wasn't terrific and it just goes to show that this season is failing

5.5
    When Stan finally has enough money to afford a membership at the golf club he has worked at for the past thirty summers, his hard work and perseverance prove to be futile when the club gives a membership to Steve first. However, things are not all what they seem when Stan realizes who the club owner really is. Well... I'll give this episode credit for being better than the previous episode "The Unbrave One" and for it to actually have more humor than that episode but this episode still wasn't getting anywhere to being good and this season has been failing. The jokes this season have been getting repetitive, stupid, and very boring. I'm not impressed with this season as it is probably the worst season of "American Dad" that I have ever seen.... only terrific episode in this season was "Hot Water". I know I've mentioned that in my other reviews but I'm just trying to show that this show is beginning to suck now which disappoints me. I mean, I was never a "American Dad" fan from the start and sure the show isn't perfect or nowhere near as funny as "Family Guy" but they still had some pretty good humor and decent storylines. Now this season is just coming up with the most boring, most stupid, and most pointless storylines that the writers have ever come up. Francine trying to come up with a catch phrase in this episode was so freakin' boring and pointless... that one is definitely huge MISS for this episode. I also hated what a huge jerk that Steve was acting especially towards Stan (his own father). One of the positive things I can say about this episode is that I love the fact that Cheech Marin guest starred in this episode and his character was pretty funny. So yeah, the only parts that did make me laugh was Stan not recognizing Roger in his disguise and then Roger explaining to Steve how everyone in the household will NOT recognize at least one disguise that Roger has, Roger driving the cart into the pool and checking out a man's butt while Steve is sufficating and losing air, Cheech Marin's characters' line "But I brought my noodle" when the poor people weren't allowed to swim in the pool, the very ending of the episode, and probably one or two more funny parts. I'll admit, the storyline actually started off good and then it became weak, boring, and pointless by the second half which really lowered my score plus the other half of the jokes in this episode were boring and a huge MISS. Overall, some nice laughs but it was still a mediocre episode of "American Dad" that just goes to show that season is failing with poorly written storylines.... Come on Seth MacFarlane, pick it up and actually come up with enjoyable storylines and excellent humor just like the other past seasons. 5.5/10
  • Spoiler..

100 bucks the golf club owner is Roger..... If it is this is just getting old.