American Dad!

• Perfect

overall, a perfect parody

10 out of 10

• perfect

Stan needs to stop Roger, playing an evil director who is planning on making a movie that is so sad, anyone who sees it will cry… until they are dead! Will Stan be able to stop Roger before it is too late?

Good episode. I know it is a spoof of James Bond movies, but truthfully I have never seen a 007 movie. So references were lost on me. But there still were some funny parts, and parts I liked, like Stan's way of beating Roger, Steve's gadgets, amongst a few other things, so overall this is still a great episode and my grade is going to be an A+.
  • The best episode of American Dad ever!

I have changed my mind this is the best American Dad episode ever! It was hillarious right away when Stan Bond's snowmobile landed on James Bond while they were parachuteing. I was laughing so hard when you saw Stan walking in that eye thing and it shot him mutiple times. It also had a great action scene in the begining with Stan,James Bond,and those guys shooting at them. Roger was hillarious when he kept complaining about the contractor but his funniest part is when he screamed mike your the worst contractor ever! This episode was much beter then Mcstroke the Family Guy episode that aired the same day as this.
  • The episode "Tearjerker" is a James Bond spoof episode, where Roger is the evil villain Tearjerker who attempts to kill everyone in the world by making them cry to death by watching his extremely sad film, "Oscar Gold".Secret Agent Stan must stop him.

This episode of American Dad is the best one I've seen so far! Very cleverly plotted with extremely funny gags. Before I seen this episode I considered American Dad to be an average show but now it's fantastic. This episode changed my entire view on this show! Characters that were normally not very funny were surprisingly hilarious. I am a James Bond fan myself which made this episode alot funnier but some of the jokes were truly awesome, for example, I felt one of the funniest bits was with Steve playing as S, (just like Q the gadget maker in James Bond), and just giving Stan gadgets that would make woman's breasts larger. I would say this is going to be har to beat from the american dad writing staff
  • Season 3, Episode 10.

"I've had sex with a lot of women, and let me tell you, you... Should probably get tested." LMAO! Best line ever! American Dad! can be funnier than Family Guy sometimes. I like the little James Bond spoof. Steve's breast-enlarging pen was hilarious. Then the cell phone makes girls' boobs bigger, too! Matthew McConaughey was shirtless in this too... Shocking. LMAO! A robot McConaughey... Wow. I loved Matt Damon's impersonation of Matthew McConaughey. "The contractor who built this place screwed me good!" LMAO! So funny. Smith and his boss dress up as Asians... Secret Asians. LMAO! Very clever! I love Seth MacFarlane. Best animator ever!
  • this was one million times, no make this one billion times better than Blue Harvest.

This was one million times, no make this one billion times better than Blue Harvest. This was based on the world of James Bond but it had an original plot and used all of the characters in American Dad. That is right!! Everybody was used on like Meg who popped up as a monster and by the way I hated that!! Everybody was perfectly casted. The timing, jokes were right on target. I hope that they do another one and do it the same way they did this one. Keep it fresh and original. This is one of the reasons this show is surpassing Family Guy.
  • get it?

this episode was a fantastic spoof of the james bond 007 movies and i thought the contracter problems with tearjerker were just plain hilarious. this is why i love the show so much and watch it along with the other animation invasion shows every sunday night and now the the writers strike is over, more episodes will be airing on FOX. i never really supported the writers guild of america but i'm really glad that i can watch my favorite shows again... .... ...... ..... ......... ..... ..... ...... ...... ...... ...... ...... ...... ..... ..... ....... ....... ....... ......... .......
  • a fantastic spoof of the James Bond 007 movie series

There's nothing like being in the same age group as the creator of the show you're watching. It's totally obvious that Seth Macfarlane is about the same age as me and grew up with the same cultural influences that i did (and lots others).

This spoof effort is quite specific in announcing what it is spoofing and that is 80s style 'James Bond 007', not the more grittier and 'realistic' recent efforts. Back then, the villains were much more camp and outrageous in both their appearance and plans for world domination, and the style even veered close to lampooning itself with lots of humor and deadpan one-liners.

As is the norm with TV shows lampooning others, the main characters of American Dad! each take the part of a recognised character: Stan is James Bond, Steve is 'S' (a spoof on 'Q' who is the gadget maker), Haley is Ms PeaceNickel, and Klaus & Roger are the bad guys - i'm not spoiling who is the big mastermind but it should be obvious.

All in all, a fantastic episode, and here i was thinking that AD was a bit lame. Boy was i wrong.
  • Amazing parody of James Bond... I don't like James Bond, but I liked this episode...

Stan and the family are characters in a James Bond style spoof. Stan must stop Tearjerker, played by Roger, a diabolical film producer who makes movies that can kill. Tearjerker's fiendish plot involves abducting celebrities from his spa and replacing them with celebrity robots that make horrible movies, all in an effort to make his masterpiece "Oscar's Gold" the best and saddest movie ever, causing millions of moviegoers to cry themselves to death. Great and funny episode with a great ending, that was very funny... so American Dad is off to its strongets season yet so far. Let's hope that all of the future episodes are like this.