American Dad!

Threat Levels

Aired Sunday 9:30 PM May 01, 2005 on FOX

7.9
  • Decent and it is better than the pilot

Stan Smith is mad because after getting his wife a job (or "hobby") as a Real Estate agent, she makes more money than him. In the meantime, his daughter Hayley ran a program that helped the homeless, and Stan's son Steve had an idea to have a Bum Fight program. To get back and to try to gain more money than his wife, Stan takes Steve's idea and starts a Bum Fight Night where he takes bets and treats the homeless like wrestlers. But with the homeless petition, Stan has to end up fighting like a homeless man himself. I thought this was a decent episode. Again, like the previous episode, this episode could have been better. I did laugh more than the last one. I laughed at Jackson used to work on a real estate, Stan asks he's gay, then Jackson replied that he was, "Take a picture," "I was being polite, it's rude not to look," Donald Trump appearing, and a couple others. Greg and Terry's introduction were good and they were funny. Overall a decent episode. 7/10
  • Isn't as good as the pilot, but still good.

Overall, an okay episode. Not the best though

7.5 out of 10

• great

The Smiths have a near-death experience, and afterwards, Francine feels her life is boring and she has not accomplished much. Stan gets her a job in real estate, but he almost immediately regrets it when she ends up making much more money than him. What will Stan do as a result?

Good episode, I liked the 24 reference, and I liked the plot of Stan not feeling like the man of the house, but near the middle, when Steve and Haley's plot came into play, it felt weird and kind of bored me a little. The first half is pretty good but the bottom half sinks the episode a little for me, and as a result, my final grade is going to be in the B or so range. Good episode methinks
  • this was a good ep

in this ep of american dad stan gets his wife a hobby as a realisate agent and he get really mad becasue she is making more money then he is and paying for the check and buying all these expensive gifts . thing is stan finds out away to make money by using the bums to fight for sandwhiches and the kids get mad at him and have a bum to throw a fight for them and he beats stan up and puches him the chin and falls down and the bum even bites his own figure off and the kids bet all the money on stan. this was a good ep and francine has to quit realisater becasue the market crashed.
  • This is not as good as the pilot but it is almost as good.

This is very funny and had great bum fights and some hillarious parts are when stan was about to shoot Francine and Stan says wait this is the woman I love and then he changed the scope to a heart was very funny. Also it was hillarious when Haley and Steve said the bum killed his own name and when Francine was selling a house to a couple and the couple said this will be great for the baby and Francine said I thought you were just fat and the lady said that there adopting. Also it was hillarious when a dog attacked a guy. Overall a great episode but not as good as the pilot.
  • Better than the pilot, whoopdeedoo

I'll start off by saying this episode has a great introduction to Greg and Terry, our favorite gay couple. I wonder what the house would look like if the Smith's had died and Roger had remodeled. Unfortunately, Roger has little to do with the episode. I like how the episode focuses on Francine, an underused character. Every episode needs a get-rich-quick-scheme. This episode's target is Steve. The episode has too many jokes that don't work. Stan's selfish exploitation plot is more social commentary than hilarious situation. The man with no name saves the third act from total awfulness, but it's definitely downhill from the first commercial break. Threat Levels is a decent episode, but not outstanding.
  • Good episode, but the Simpsons already used the Real Estate plot so very unoriginal

Stan Smith is mad because after getting his wife a job (or "hobby") as a Real Estate agent, she makes more money than him. In the meantime, his daughter Hayley ran a program that helped the homeless, and Stan's son Steve had an idea to have a Bum Fight program. To get back and to try to gain more money than his wife, Stan takes Steve's idea and starts a Bum Fight Night where he takes bets and treats the homeless like wrestlers. But with the homeless petition, Stan has to end up fighting like a homeless man himself. The plot of this is very unoriginal as the Simpsons already used the real estate plot, but none the less a good episode...
  • The Simpsons had this plot!

7.8
    Look let me get right down to it, maybe it's just a tv classic moment for sitcoms plots, but The Simpsons already had Marge become a Real estate agent, did they not? yes they did, the episode was called Reality Bites, they did it many years before AD... Perhaps the FG writers were still in their habbit of stealing Simpsons plots from when they were on FG. Anyways this is a pretty good episode, it has a good "Episode 1" plot and is outragesly funny, I rofl every time I see Stan's co-worker drop his pants to reveal nothing. The other plot was ok too, but not as good as I feel it could've been bum fights heaven, the good old ways of bum fighting also something covered on the simpsons years before. Anyway it's still a funny episode, but it would've been handled better if it were done later in the series' run. - Captaindillo
  • One of my favourite episodes.

Really enjoyed this episode, it introduces the news anchors! Who are a couple of my favourite characters from the show :)
    There's three main storylines - the contamination, Francine getting a job as a real estate agent, and Stan getting involved in the bumfights as a way to reclaim his manhood.
    While having all three within 21 mins almost overcrowds the episode, I think it gives them a chance to really pack in the funnies (the naked spa scene, the hand model who bit off his thumb, and particularly Stan's emasculated coworker!) - so I reckon it all comes together really well in the end, it's definitely one of my top 10 episode from this series.
  • Homeless Fights Centre

Even better than the pilot, this episode expands on Francine and Hailey’s characters, the two that weren’t focused on as much in the pilot and it has some great scenes involving Stan about to assassinate Francine and Roger as the secretary.

The opening act, while funny, was obviously not going to happen since it’s only the second episode of the series so the family isn’t going to die though it is revealed that while Roger claims his species can’t get human ailments, he has a cold sore.

The government half day was a brilliant start to the episode and the bum fight was a hilarious end and there are great gay newscaster jokes along with Stan’s workmate who apparently loves vaginas do much he wished he had one.

Overall, this is a great episode to continue the brilliance of the pilot is even funnier now that the characters are set up.
  • When Francine sees the house up for sale across the street, she wants to become a Real Estate Agent.

Another classis episode. Stan first assumes that him and his wife can play "dress-up" instead of her getting a real career. But Francine becomes successful and Stan can't take it anymore. In order to make more money, Stan steals Steve's idea of having a bum fight, but winds up fighting himself.

Best line from Roger:

"She's being a real catch you next Tuesday..."
CW