American Dad!

With Friends Like Steve's

Aired Monday 9:30 PM May 07, 2006 on TBS

• Correction

It's season 1 episode 22 get your facts right.
  • Main plot was funnier

After Steve shows a lack of interest in Stan's job, Stan replaces him with Barry, Steve's malicious friend. Barry frames Steve to eliminate him from the household, but when Steve discovers Barry's weakness, he relies on his CIA skills to save the family. Meanwhile, Roger takes an impressive keg-stand and uses it to become a fraternity brother. I thought this was a superb episode of American Dad. I liked Roger's plot and it was interesting, but it got boring after a while. Besides that, I liked the main plot. Barry was very funny here. I just wish Stan shows more disrespect to him but at least we got a couple ("God I hate you so much" "Quiet fatty!"). Steve getting bored at Stan's work was very funny. I thought it was funny when Stan (then Steve near the end) knows dolphin. Barry talking like Gary Oldman was super funny. The ending was funny as well. Overall, a superb episode. 9/10
  • Perfect

Overall, a perfect episode

10 out of 10

• perfect

Stan does not like that Steve seems uninterested in his work, so he starts spending time with Barry, whom he usually hates. He starts liking him, and Barry goes as far to eliminate Steve from the Smith household. When Barry learns Stan likes Francine more than him, he tries to eliminate her too. Will his plan work?

Good episode. I really like Barry, he is funny a lot of the time, and even though he was serious for a lot of this episode without taking his vitamins, he still was pretty good here. Roger's plot about becoming a fraternity brother was good but it was definitely the main plot here that kept me interested. Final grade is going to be an A+.
  • what a waste of talent

4.8
    im sorry but this episode was so boring. i normaly find american dad funny but this was not it put me to sleep. ive had dentest visits that where funnier. seth macfarlane really disapointed me on this one. i just hope next week is better. boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring
  • The episode was awesome.

This episode was great. American Dad is truly a great show and will forever be remembered. The episode was definetly funny and I loved the plot. I think this is cleary a series classic and it was nice to get some back information on what was a minor character. Good episode.
  • I like this episode the best, so far. This one shows some character development for Barry and I like his evil moments. Some parts were predictable but nevertheless it was still funny.

I like this episode the best, so far. This one shows some character development for Barry and I like his evil moments. Some parts were predictable but nevertheless it was still funny. The series needs more involvement of other characters instead of relying on episodes involving Stan\'s ego and dogma, Roger\'s drinking, and Francine\'s housewife-dumbness.
  • The moral of the story is...?

This episode teaches us that if you don’t make your son’s friend take his vitamins when he stays over, he may go crazy and bury your wife in the backyard. And always remember, oven gloves can cover up anything, including fingerprints on the destroyed commemorative plates you may or may not be obsessed with.

A very amusing episode, this takes American Dad to a new height with great insider information on the characters such as Steve knowing how to speak dolphin and Stan collecting the aforementioned plates.

This is a great father-son plot, however it lacked in some scenes, namely the boat scenes with the singing however the harbour scene with the head and the replacement getting knocked into the water is a hilarious addition to this terrific episode.
  • Good episode.

7.2
    This episode was ok. I thought that they did have funnier episodes, but this one was good.

This episode was about Steve showing a lack of interest in Stan's job, so he replaces him with Barry. Stan and Barry become best buds, but then Stan tells Barry to stop taking his medicines, which then turns him smart. The pills were the only thing keeping him retarted.(how weird is that)

Meanwhile, Roger joins a fraternity so he can get drunk.

• Who's Matt barry?

This was a very good episode, not as great as the past couple, but still very enjoyable. Funny thing, I was listening to the commentaries on the American Dad Volume 1 DVD, and they mentioned that they would develop Barry more, so when I saw the preview for this episode I knew it was the one. Stan turning from absolutely hating Barry, to treating him as a son was great. Telling him he doesnt have to take his 'vitamins', which we come to find out was much more than that. I liked Barry's evil side. Stan's plate collection was great too, and I like how they keep adding rooms into the show, i.e. the study, the crime lab. The scene with Steve at detention camp was good, and its there we find out what the "vitamin" that Barry takes really is. The wrapped it up pretty quickly with Steve offering "evil Barry" two glasses of drink, and claiming that only one had the pill in it, but come to find out, both had one, and Steve becomes like original Barry too.

Again, funny, but could have been a bit better.