American Dragon: Jake Long Forums

Disney Channel (ended 2007)

Forum Rules, Submission Guidelines

UlrichYumifan

[1]Jun 26, 2006
    • level: 35

Hola, Welcome to the "American Dragon: Jake Long" Forums.

Please follow the rules set placed by TV.com.

Click Here for the Official TV.com FAQ.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please follow these submission guidelines:

Make sure everything is in your own words with proper grammar and spelling. Basically, no copy and pasting. Quotes on the other hand have to be word for word of what the character said on the show. Please be accurate with the quotes. 

If you are making a correction to the guide, please state what you are correcting. I.E. I am fixing a mispelled word, in the guide it was spelled Ameicas instead of American something like that.

Make sure that the information you are submitting isn't already on the guide. This will cut down on multiple submissions on the guide.

Please do not submit links as a submission.

If you are planning on using the "Delete this Blurb" option; please put in the comment box the other version of the blurb, to prove the one you want deleted is a duplicate. Or the reason why the blurb needs to be deleted.

If you have any questions, please fell free to PM me about it.

Thanks.

Click Here, to see the reasons why your submission may get rejected.

Edited on 06/26/2006 9:16am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

UlrichYumifan

[2]Jun 26, 2006

If you are submitting a quote, and not know what to put in the comment box just put something like "I got this quote while watching the episode "The Academy" and I'm sure it is accurate" Yes, please make sure your quote is accuare.

For Proper Quote submitting Click here to go to missribs blog.

<b>Character Name</b>: Text

If there is anything that has to go into parenthesis, must go like this:

<i>(action)</i>

Examples:

<b>Character Name</b>: <i>(action)</i> text

<b>Character Name</b>: <i>(Fighting)</i> You fight well!
    <b>Character Name</b>: You're not so bad yourself!

At the end it should look like this:

Jake: (Fighting) You fight well!
    Rose:  You're not so bad yourself!

Edited on 06/26/2006 8:41am

UlrichYumifan

[3]Jun 26, 2006
    Since I am the Editor of the guide I would like you as a contributor to follow this guidelines, as I had to fix some of the stuff in the guides that were wrong.

How to Submit Notes:
    A Note is somewhere where you can type a simple note about the episode.
    Example:
    This episode marks the start of Haley's dragon training.

How to Submit Trivia:
    Trivia is like goofs in the episode.
    Example:
    While Jake and Rose are fighting Jakes Dragon Claws turn from Black to Brown and back to Black.

How to Submit Allusions:
    Allusions is where you submit stuff that happened in the episode or something that appeared in the episode that references something in another episode, or show or movie, etc.
    Example:
    Reference: Jakes portal.
    The way Jake used the portal, is a reference to Xiaolin Showdown, when Raimundo and Kimiko used the Golden Tiger Claws to make a portal to Chase's hideout.

How to Submit a Quote:
    A Quote is a saying in an episode. It could be said once or more then once. Please bold the characters name and not the ":" when you submit these! Also, when your putting actions please put them in italics and in: (action here) like the example below.
    Example
    Jake (Evil Cats and Dogs Fall From the Sky): It's raining cats and dogs! Literally!

How to Submit a Synopsis (Recap, Summary):
    A Synopsis is basically what happens in an episode. When you type up a Summary please don't put spoilers in them. 
    However, when you type up a Recap, please put everything that happens in the episode, scene-by-scene.
    Example of a Summary:
    Jake goes undercover as a Huntsclan student to learn the Huntsman newest and evil plan.
    Example of a Recap: [Recaps should have everything that happened in the episode.].

What is a Comment?:
    A Comment is prove of your contribution. When submitting new episode or summary please put the link of the source you got it from. Otherwise I will reject it. Also, don't put "Hi!!" or "Funny Quote" or "I hate the new animation"  or "." just a period. Please put a comment and I will not accept "no comment"

Thanks.

UlrichYumifan

[4]Jul 3, 2006

I didn't think I was going to have to post in this thread the "Forum Rules, Submission Guidelines" thread. But for me being absent 2 days it seems that people have gone nuts and made pointless threads and made multiple threads. Here are the rules:

• Please, before making a thread make sure that something similar to what you are about to submit isn't already on the guide. This cuts down on the multiple threads and helps me, by not closing 6 threads like I did today.
    • Also, do not make pointless threads, like "Where does Jake live" as it is clear from the Theme Song at the end.
    • It appears that it has been a big impact to users on TV.com about American Dragon: Jake Long's new animation. The change in the animation is big and have some common sense and figure out that if the new animation is something big there is bound to be some threads about it. Please don't make it wose by making more threads about it.

These are just 3 rules that I saw violated while I was gone this week. Please go and read the TV.com TOS Rules. I wasn't here Saturday and Sunday, and I noticed that a post was deleted but not by the user or me, but by a Staff Member. Remember that staff members go around forums and if they see you violating a rule they will notify you with a warning or suspend you. So be very careful and please make this forum a great place to be.

Also, regarding the Game Rule:

Guideline 7: A show forum is allowed up to four game threads, which may be pinned or not as the editor wishes (they may allow a lesser number, or none). Any additional show-related game threads can be moved to the TV Show Fun & Games Forum, PM a general forum moderator to make such a request. If there are more than four game threads and they are not pinned, forum moderators will pin the four most recent active games and move the others.

I only allow 3 games to be created. In order for a new game to be created, a current one must end. Only the creator of the game may end the game.

Edited on 07/26/2007 1:49pm