We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

American Dragon: Jake Long Forums

Disney Channel (ended 2007)

Is the show a litttle hard on Jake

srebak

[1]Aug 26, 2011
    • level: 18

I feel kinda sorry for Jake, how many episodes were there where things worked out for him, he didn't get yelled at or have to fix a problem he had a hand in?

Also, Lao Shi and the Dragon Council are way too demanding on Jake. He's not allowed to have fun, he's not allowed to find love, he's expected to work all the time and like it, he's even expected to dislike humans to some degree.

Honestly, i really feel that Jake doesn't deserve this.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

luiz4200

[2]Aug 27, 2011
    • level: 38
    srebak wrote:

I feel kinda sorry for Jake, how many episodes were there where things worked out for him, he didn't get yelled at or have to fix a problem he had a hand in?

Also, Lao Shi and the Dragon Council are way too demanding on Jake. He's not allowed to have fun, he's not allowed to find love, he's expected to work all the time and like it, he's even expected to dislike humans to some degree.

Honestly, i really feel that Jake doesn't deserve this.

And he even ended with an unspoken Love Triangle involving Rose and Danika.

DragonUpP

[3]Sep 26, 2011
    • level: 3
    Dammit i've tried to write this message in three different ways and I can't really get my message across... I just think that the Dragon Council are a Demotivational Motivator for Jake.

Although his share of problems are unfair for a 13-14 year old he can really handle it. He's got a family that loves him and that alone can do a lot to your will.

I think he can handle it and that every show needs to push the main character down in order to keep the show entertaining.

Hope that that is understandable I'm kinda in a brainjam right now where I write my thoughts but can't really review them for myself afterwards so I hope you catch my drift

elvisjj

[4]Dec 9, 2011
    • level: 9

It's like with Spiderman...aka....Peter Parker. With Great power must always come great responsibility and Jake does his best to live up to that.

luiz4200

[5]Dec 10, 2011
    • level: 38
    elvisjj wrote:

It's like with Spiderman...aka....Peter Parker. With Great power must always come great responsibility and Jake does his best to live up to that.

But sometimes he really needs a week off, even if he has to get suspended to have it.

Avearia

[6]Apr 28, 2012
    • level: 14
    Well, yeah, but then we wouldn't have much of a show. ...Besides, half the problems Jake has to fix, he created himself.