American Dragon: Jake Long Forums

Disney Channel (ended 2007)

The 13 Magical threats

srebak

[1]Oct 1, 2010
    • level: 18

As it was shown in the episode "Dragon Summit" there are 13 threats to the magical world. Yet two things bug me.

1. There are 13, but so far, we've only seen 7 (The DD, The Huntsman, Kraken, Krylock, Hobgoblins, Chimera and Kelpie). Who are the other 6?

2. If these creatures are all so dangerous, then why are they allowed to run amok?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

amdragfreak

[2]Oct 2, 2010
    • level: 11

3. Why the hell did Fu call them "The Dirty Baker's Dozen" when there are thirteen of them? You know, seeing as a dozen isn't thirteen.

To answer you questions, though:

-Maybe if there had been another season, we would have seen more of them.

-Probably because it would be very hard (if not impossible) to catch them? No one knows who The Dark Dragon is and at first, they even think he's "gone forever". How could they catch all hobgoblins? How could they bring down The Huntsman? He's got the entire Huntsclan at his command (or at least the entire New York branch).

Edited on 10/02/2010 10:58am
    Edited 2 total times.

ArkansanDragon

[3]Oct 2, 2010
    • level: 10
    amdragfreak wrote:

3. Why the hell did Fu call them "The Dirty Baker's Dozen" when there are thirteen of them? You know, seeing as a dozen isn't thirteen.

"Dirty Baker's Dozen" because 12 are in a dozen. A "dirty baker" (not sure what that means either but I'm guessing it's a term for "cheat" or something) would put 13 in the batch instead of 12.

Does that make any sense?

amdragfreak

[4]Oct 3, 2010
    • level: 11
    That's not a bad guess. I guess we'll never know the true reason, though.

YFWEyeah

[5]Oct 28, 2010
    • level: 6

The reason for 13 is because a baker's dozen = 13. A dozen = 12. I actually have no idea why the term originated as such, but nonetheless: 13 = baker's dozen.

It would be cool to see someone explore the rest of this dirty baker's dozen sometime. I'm curious to know what other villains they had in mind that were never actually introduced.

Edited on 10/28/2010 11:12am

JandSman

[6]Nov 1, 2010
    • level: 32
    Yeah if they had a 3rd season i think it would have gone into more detail.

srebak

[7]Nov 6, 2010
    • level: 18

If the Dark Dragon is the most dangerous threat to the magical world, why isn't he feared? Throughout his appearances, whenever the DD appeared to someone, their reaction was either anger and a willingness to attack him or just surprise at his appearance. If he's the number one threat to the Magical world, you'd think people and Magical creature alike would be frozen stiff in his presence or at least wary to speak his name.

The Huntsclan aren't even that feared either. Why is no one scared?

Edited on 11/06/2010 3:13pm

YFWEyeah

[8]Nov 7, 2010
    • level: 6

Perhaps a thing called courage? I don't think anyone necessarily underplayed the fact that the Dark Dragon and others were dangerous per se, but were the heroes of the show supposed to just back down and cower in a corner? Of course not, that's not what makes them heroes. Plus you have to factor adrenaline into the equation -- remember when Fred and Jake encountered the DD, Fred was visibly frightened, and Jake simply did what he had to do. It's not like he could back down -- he is the AD, after all, and plus it's really not in his personality to back down from a fight. And someone's gotta battle this guy, anyway.

And the Huntsclan... well, let's be honest, they weren't really THAT formidable either. Maybe to one without magical powers, sure. But to a dragon who can, figuratively speaking, fight fire with fire? It's not a cakewalk (unless we're talking about 88 and 89) but it's certainly rarely a matter of life and death.