American Dragon: Jake Long Forums

Disney Channel (ended 2007)

What if we were to make storyboards for AD:JL?

DragonMario70

[1]Nov 17, 2008
    • level: 2
    What if we started to make an episode to disney and send it in? It sounds crazy, but I know there are good artists out there that can draw Jake and his Dragon form and what if we got enough of them to have them start writing episodes to send into disney to show that we really need a 3rd season and were willing to do everything, if that means making a somewhat episode for them cause they wont do it. It sounds crazy I know, but its a possibility, and how else would we save the show? It really is an idea to ponder about, but the non-artists can think of the story lines and the artists can use their best ability to draw it all. AND we can change Jake's dragon back to his original self, not the weird snake\chineese style one. Jake is the AMERICAN dragon not a chineese. So what do you all think?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

luiz4200

[2]Nov 17, 2008
    • level: 38
    DragonMario70 wrote:
    What if we started to make an episode to disney and send it in? It sounds crazy, but I know there are good artists out there that can draw Jake and his Dragon form and what if we got enough of them to have them start writing episodes to send into disney to show that we really need a 3rd season and were willing to do everything, if that means making a somewhat episode for them cause they wont do it. It sounds crazy I know, but its a possibility, and how else would we save the show? It really is an idea to ponder about, but the non-artists can think of the story lines and the artists can use their best ability to draw it all. AND we can change Jake's dragon back to his original self, not the weird snake\chineese style one. Jake is the AMERICAN dragon not a chineese. So what do you all think?

Good idea. Specially reverting Jake back to his Season 1 style.

ArkansanDragon

[3]Nov 17, 2008
    • level: 10
    DragonMario70 wrote:

Uh... I hate to burst your bubble, but first of all:

They most likely won't take it because they're bound by law not to accept any Fan-made stuff (copy-right/credit laws).

Second of all: Most people like the new look over the old one. If my memory serves me right.... that's also closer to what the creator Jeff Goode orinially thought Jake would look like. (I think there's a picture of it somewhere on his site...) And it makes sense, cause Jake is part Chinese and his dragon powers come from that side of his family.

But it does sound like a cool idea.

Wyrmhatchling

[4]Nov 17, 2008
    • level: 8
    ArkansanDragon wrote:
    DragonMario70 wrote:
    Uh... I hate to burst your bubble, but first of all: They most likely won't take it because they're bound by law not to accept any Fan-made stuff (copy-right/credit laws). Second of all: Most people like the new look over the old one. If my memory serves me right.... that's also closer to what the creator Jeff Goode orinially thought Jake would look like. (I think there's a picture of it somewhere on his site...) And it makes sense, cause Jake is part Chinese and his dragon powers come from that side of his family. But it does sound like a cool idea.
    Yeah, totes, and also a scrawny dragon fits better a scrawny teenager than a buff dragon.

DragonMario70

[5]Nov 17, 2008
    Well it was just an idea...I didn't know they are not supposed to accept fan-made work, but still, there has to be a way we can still save Jake. I dont think Season 2 would of been all bad, but if they were going to change Jake's entire look to the skinny dragon, they should have started with that first instead of the buffer dragon style. Im just not used to the fact that hes a snake dragon now. As well as his human form too, I think that should go back to first season style, cause now it looks like his hair was attacked by a vacuum. And I miss Jakes gansta-style speaking

JasperGein17121

[6]Nov 18, 2008
    • level: 7
    I like the scrawny look, it fits hims more.

I actually made a couple storyboards, but they were more of a for fun thing. I made them to see how a scene would go in my 2(unfinished) fan-fics.

ArkansanDragon

[7]Nov 18, 2008
    JasperGein17121 wrote:
    I like the scrawny look, it fits hims more.

I actually made a couple storyboards, but they were more of a for fun thing. I made them to see how a scene would go in my 2(unfinished) fan-fics.

cool

atecom01

[8]Nov 18, 2008
    • level: 15

The New Forum Burns my eyes!!!

As for ADJL storyboards, if you wanted to produce yor own episodes thats up to the fans, however Disney itself wont get it produced. If say a group of friends wanted to do it, to be legal technically you would still need permissions to use Ideas, characters, etc.

DragonMario70

[9]Nov 18, 2008
    Yea I guess.... but still like i said...theres gotta be a way we can still save Season 3

Dragongirl600

[10]Nov 19, 2008
    Open up your mind and see like me, open up your plans, and damn you're free.

Imafreek

[11]Nov 21, 2008
    • level: 17
    the only way that they'd bring it back if it was the last dying wish of a die-hard fan..... or someone on staff.... or something

jakeownsall

[12]Nov 23, 2008
    • level: 3
    Imafreek wrote:
    the only way that they'd bring it back if it was the last dying wish of a die-hard fan..... or someone on staff.... or something
    Possibly but if we could get someone's personal emial address like kyle massey's or Amie Bruckner's then we could possibly do it.
    Edited on 11/23/2008 4:34pm