American Dragon: Jake Long Forums

Disney Channel (ended 2007)

What would Jake and Rose's kids look like?

  • Avatar of macfan121

    macfan121

    [21]Aug 12, 2006
    • member since: 10/01/05
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 1,001
    I think they might became a couple but I dont think it will last long enough for them to have children...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Imafreek

    Imafreek

    [22]Aug 12, 2006
    • member since: 03/29/06
    • level: 17
    • rank: The Crazy Neighbor
    • posts: 1,402

    macfan121 wrote:
    I think they might became a couple but I dont think it will last long enough for them to have children...

    Why ya gotta be doubt'n?

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of bubblygirl

    bubblygirl

    [23]Aug 12, 2006
    • member since: 02/04/06
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 1,199
    I know right....*mutters*
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of xerania333

    xerania333

    [24]Aug 12, 2006
    • member since: 12/17/05
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 266

    If Jake and Rose had kids the kid would have black hair (black is dominant trait) and Rose's eyes. Someone said they would have a huntsclan birthhmark and dragons powers. I agree. That is possible. It don't matter about the combined names. Jake and Rose would name their kids something smart and digified.

    Its weird. Jake is a dragon and Rose is a dragon and magical creature slayer. If they married. The possiblites would be endless. The bottome line is that the kids would looks a lot like Jake and Rose.

    Edited on 08/12/2006 1:42pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of potter333

    potter333

    [25]Aug 12, 2006
    • member since: 06/23/06
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 7
    Where do babies come from?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Taralen

    Taralen

    [26]Aug 12, 2006
    • member since: 12/23/05
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 167

    Well, I think their daughter would look nothing how the way alter ego drew it. I see a young girl that's a half dragon. Yeah you heard me. Here's what I think she looks like:

    I also put this image in my deviant art as well.
    http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/37895406/
    Yeah, this is a non-anime picture I drew on paint with a mouse.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Imafreek

    Imafreek

    [27]Aug 12, 2006
    • member since: 03/29/06
    • level: 17
    • rank: The Crazy Neighbor
    • posts: 1,402

    potter333 wrote:
    Where do babies come from?

    you're kidding, right??

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of peterg14

    peterg14

    [28]Aug 12, 2006
    • member since: 10/31/05
    • level: 17
    • rank: The Crazy Neighbor
    • posts: 1,623

    potter333 wrote:
    Where do babies come from?

      Ok, we're not you're parents. Ask them, if you don't, you might do something really dumb one day, little one.

    Edited on 08/12/2006 7:55pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of troodon9999

    troodon9999

    [29]Aug 13, 2006
    • member since: 07/27/06
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 62

    lightningbugx wrote:
    The kids would have a birthmark on their hands and are dragons...

    Well dragon powers skip a generation though... so their children wouldn't have dragon powers, but their grandchildren probably would!  Their children would likely be inert dragons like Jake's mom, having dragon genes but no dragon form or powers.

    Jake is himself half-dragon... so any children he has would Rose would be quarter-dragon... I'm not sure how far dragon genes can be diluted and still express themselves as dragon powers in their granchildren... but the fact that Jake and Haley still have dragon powers as half-dragons suggest that the dragon genes are fairly dominant over human ones, though the dragon form and powers skip a generation even amongst pure dragons.

    It would be intereseting to see how Jake and Rose's children would deal with their father being a dragon, despite being apparently human themselves (technically still being dragons, but without the form or powers of them), the opposite of what Jake has to deal with.  Plus any children they had, would quite likely have dragon powers, bringig the whole thing full circle...

    Edited on 08/13/2006 12:04pm
    Edited 3 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of lightningbugx

    lightningbugx

    [30]Aug 13, 2006
    • member since: 07/01/05
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 339

    troodon9999 wrote:

    lightningbugx wrote:
    The kids would have a birthmark on their hands and are dragons...

    Well dragon powers skip a generation though... so their children wouldn't have dragon powers, but their grandchildren probably would! Their children would likely be inert dragons like Jake's mom, having dragon genes but no dragon form or powers.

    Jake is himself half-dragon... so any children he has would Rose would be quarter-dragon... I'm not sure how far dragon genes can be diluted and still express themselves as dragon powers in their granchildren... but the fact that Jake and Haley still have dragon powers as half-dragons suggest that the dragon genes are fairly dominant over human ones, though the dragon form and powers skip a generation even amongst pure dragons.



    First of all, the dragon powers skipped Jake's mom's generation, it does not mean it skips every other generation.  Also, generations are reflected in family trees more than a population as a whole.  Just because Susan was skipped does not mean her peers were skipped too.

    And on the mythology of dragons interbreeding, it is nothing like normal breeding.  In some myths, dragons can breed with anything.  In AD:JL, there is no clarification of half or partial dragon.  It is a dragon or not.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Imafreek

    Imafreek

    [31]Aug 13, 2006
    • member since: 03/29/06
    • level: 17
    • rank: The Crazy Neighbor
    • posts: 1,402

    Taralen wrote:
    Well, I think their daughter would look nothing how the way alter ego drew it. I see a young girl that's a half dragon. Yeah you heard me. Here's what I think she looks like:

    I also put this image in my deviant art as well.
    http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/37895406/
    Yeah, this is a non-anime picture I drew on paint with a mouse.

    Your'e a deviantartist?

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of bubblygirl

    bubblygirl

    [32]Aug 13, 2006
    • member since: 02/04/06
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 1,199
    potter333 wrote:
    Where do babies come from?


    Are you serious??? Ask your parents we might say something that you don't wanna hear...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Taralen

    Taralen

    [33]Aug 14, 2006
    • member since: 12/23/05
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 167
    [This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
    Edited on 08/14/2006 1:23pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Taralen

    Taralen

    [34]Aug 14, 2006
    • member since: 12/23/05
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 167
    Imafreek wrote:

    Taralen wrote:
    Well, I think their daughter would look nothing how the way alter ego drew it. I see a young girl that's a half dragon. Yeah you heard me. Here's what I think she looks like:

    I also put this image in my deviant art as well.
    http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/37895406/
    Yeah, this is a non-anime picture I drew on paint with a mouse.

    Your'e a deviantartist?


    Yes I am.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of daisyrocks

    daisyrocks

    [35]Aug 15, 2006
    • member since: 07/14/06
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 687
    ok
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of tisdalefan

    tisdalefan

    [36]Aug 15, 2006
    • member since: 10/09/05
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 133
    u guys gotta remember woman have strong geines.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of panthean

    panthean

    [37]Aug 15, 2006
    • member since: 08/14/06
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 2,672
    in my ver. of fanfic episode Jake's and Rose's daughter comes from the future to save Jake's life.

    Violet - Appearance is similar to Rose except for a darker shade of blonde and hazel eyes. She has dragon powers and in dragon form has black scales and a yellow belly (no pun intended).

    Personality:
    Likes: Going on dates or hanging out with friends (anything to stay away from home).
    Dislikes: Any girl that is somehow more popular than her, wearing pink, and occasionally being grounded.
    Wears: White top with blue jeans and sneakers. Also the family trade, hair gel (well really just streaks of black and/or green coloring)
    Favoraite:
    Hangout: Boyfriend's house(s)
    Food: Pizza, dono, i like pizza to i guess
    Boyfriend: Her real bf is unknown (as of now but will have blue scales)(ya know Rose's bfs are red Violet's are blue)
    Best Friends: Spud's son, Trixie's daughter, and of course her cousin (Haley's offspring as of yet unknown)
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of panthean

    panthean

    [38]Aug 15, 2006
    • member since: 08/14/06
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 2,672
    tisdalefan wrote:
    u guys gotta remember woman have strong geines.


    dude its gene not geine i dono how u got that typo
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Imafreek

    Imafreek

    [39]Aug 18, 2006
    • member since: 03/29/06
    • level: 17
    • rank: The Crazy Neighbor
    • posts: 1,402

    panthean wrote:
    in my ver. of fanfic episode Jake's and Rose's daughter comes from the future to save Jake's life. Violet - Appearance is similar to Rose except for a darker shade of blonde and hazel eyes. She has dragon powers and in dragon form has black scales and a yellow belly (no pun intended). Personality: Likes: Going on dates or hanging out with friends (anything to stay away from home). Dislikes: Any girl that is somehow more popular than her, wearing pink, and occasionally being grounded. Wears: White top with blue jeans and sneakers. Also the family trade, hair gel (well really just streaks of black and/or green coloring) Favoraite: Hangout: Boyfriend's house(s) Food: Pizza, dono, i like pizza to i guess Boyfriend: Her real bf is unknown (as of now but will have blue scales)(ya know Rose's bfs are red Violet's are blue) Best Friends: Spud's son, Trixie's daughter, and of course her cousin (Haley's offspring as of yet unknown)

    HAHA! Roses red, Violets blue, RICH!

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of tisdalefan

    tisdalefan

    [40]Aug 22, 2006
    • member since: 10/09/05
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 133
    for the dude that asked where do babies come from? Every human being was once an egg from a woman's u-know-wat and then the baby eggs wait for sperm to put the gender on the baby egg. Sperm is actually gender cells. Put it like this lets say i was an human egg in my mom's Uter. waiting 4 sperm. Im not female or male yet. But im still a human being waiting for a sperm to give me a gender. Then lets say a sperm finally arrived and it had female cell then the sperm will give me the female gender and then the sperm disappears out of nowhere and then once i get the gender i start growing my mom starts putting my body parts like yes,skin, and bones into the egg. Then the egg transforms into a female human.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.