American Dragon: Jake Long Forums

Disney Channel (ended 2007)

Why is the outer edge of his hair green?

Thunder_Wind

[41]Jan 21, 2006
    • level: 3
    roselicious wrote:
    Thunder_Wind wrote:
    paulinaiscool wrote:
    the green edge gets your attention away from his face

what for?
    i know, he has a cute face

yeah so why shouldn't we pay attention to it, ask the poster?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

AmDrag

[42]Jan 21, 2006
    • level: 7
    It's true...

roselicious

[43]Jan 22, 2006
    • level: 10
    AmDrag wrote:
    It's true...
    hmm...i take the cute face thing back...(kidding)

PizzaKrust

[44]Jan 24, 2006
    • level: 1
    Taralen wrote:
    Do you guys really wanna know why it's green? Here's the answer:
    Jake did NOT dye his hair that color. I discovered this the very first time my sister asked me this exact same question. The reason why it's green is because it's the color of his back scales. Take Haley as another example,she has blue outlines on her hair. When she turns into her dragon form,she has blue scales lining her back all the way to the tip of her tail. Just like Jake's green scales

However,this is not for all dragons. Take Lao Shi as an example,he doesn't have a scaling outline on his hair. He is another type of dragon called an Asian Lung,AKA,Draco orientalis. Jake and Haley are European type,AKA,Draco occ. magnus.

But,many other dragons in the series are Drago occ. magnus. This may also be the cause of a genetic gene. Maybe a recessive allele that just so happens to be in Jake and Haley's DNA system.

That concludes the answer to your question.

Trixie and Spud have outlines in their hair too and they aren't dragons.
    Edited on 01/24/2006 4:04pm

roselicious

[45]Jan 25, 2006
    PizzaKrust wrote:
    Taralen wrote:
    Jake did NOT dye his hair that color. I discovered this the very first time my sister asked me this exact same question. The reason why it's green is because it's the color of his back scales. Take Haley as another example,she has blue outlines on her hair. When she turns into her dragon form,she has blue scales lining her back all the way to the tip of her tail. Just like Jake's green scales

However,this is not for all dragons. Take Lao Shi as an example,he doesn't have a scaling outline on his hair. He is another type of dragon called an Asian Lung,AKA,Draco orientalis. Jake and Haley are European type,AKA,Draco occ. magnus.

But,many other dragons in the series are Drago occ. magnus. This may also be the cause of a genetic gene. Maybe a recessive allele that just so happens to be in Jake and Haley's DNA system.

or are they.......

spyder_m

[46]Jan 25, 2006
    • level: 15
    roselicious wrote:
    PizzaKrust wrote:
    Taralen wrote:

or are they.......

I think they'd mention something like that

roselicious

[47]Jan 25, 2006
    spyder_m wrote:
    roselicious wrote:
    PizzaKrust wrote:
    Taralen wrote:

or are they.......

maybe they just didnt, I mean Jake didn't for a long time

spyder_m

[48]Jan 26, 2006
    roselicious wrote:
    spyder_m wrote:
    roselicious wrote:
    PizzaKrust wrote:
    Taralen wrote:

or are they.......

Yeah but don't u think when they found out Jake was a dragon they'd say it 2?
    And besides at least Jake would have told them, if they're dragons they've been keeping it locked away 4 sum time now. The only way they would not have told him was if they worked for the dark dragon or somethin'.
    Edited on 01/26/2006 5:32pm

roselicious

[49]Jan 26, 2006
    spyder_m wrote:
    roselicious wrote:
    spyder_m wrote:
    roselicious wrote:
    PizzaKrust wrote:
    Taralen wrote:

or are they.......

Yeah but don't u think when they found out Jake was a dragon they'd say it 2?
    And besides at least Jake would have told them, if they're dragons they've been keeping it locked away 4 sum time now. The only way they would not have told him was if they worked for the dark dragon or somethin'.
    maybe they do!

spyder_m

[50]Jan 28, 2006
    [This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
    Edited on 01/28/2006 5:05pm

spyder_m

[51]Jan 28, 2006
    Now come on, let's not jump to conclusions.

roselicious

[52]Jan 28, 2006
    All I gotta say is you never know about people. Almost half the people n that show have secrets. Some of them we know their secrets and some of them we don't. So assuming that Trixie and Spud have nothing at all to hide, my friend would be jumping to conclusions.

~i have got to start limiting my posts~

spyder_m

[53]Jan 29, 2006
    roselicious wrote:
    All I gotta say is you never know about people. Almost half the people n that show have secrets. Some of them we know their secrets and some of them we don't. So assuming that Trixie and Spud have nothing at all to hide, my friend would be jumping to conclusions.

They can't just reveal something like that straightaway though, completely out of the blue. The writers would give you hints, y'know like Rose/Huntsgirl how they showed her birthmark.

roselicious

[54]Jan 30, 2006
    spyder_m wrote:
    roselicious wrote:

They can't just reveal something like that straightaway though, completely out of the blue. The writers would give you hints, y'know like Rose/Huntsgirl how they showed her birthmark.
    Well for one, They have highlights in their hair, thats a hint..............what?.....stop staring at me like that!............

For two, when people like the dark dragon and the huntsman's human identities are revealved, that shall seem out of the blue unless they add stuf or whatever.

spyder_m

[55]Jan 31, 2006
    roselicious wrote:
    spyder_m wrote:
    roselicious wrote:

Well for one, They have highlights in their hair, thats a hint..............what?.....stop staring at me like that!............

For two, when people like the dark dragon and the huntsman's human identities are revealved, that shall seem out of the blue unless they add stuf or whatever.

So how do u know they're not gonna add stuff?

spyder_m

[56]Jan 31, 2006
    roselicious wrote:
    spyder_m wrote:
    roselicious wrote:

So how do u know they're not gonna add stuff? As a matter a fact, how do u know they're human identities r going to be revealed at all?

spyder_m

[57]Jan 31, 2006
    roselicious wrote:
    spyder_m wrote:
    roselicious wrote:

So how do u know they're not gonna add stuff? As a matter a fact, how do u know they're human identities r going to be revealed at all?

So they have highlights in their hair, what do we grow up in a world now we're if someone highlights their hair we automatically assume they're a dragon?

AmDragMaddie

[58]Oct 29, 2008
    • level: 1
    Isn't it like that their dragon colour is the colour of their clothes? Cause take Haley in season 1 she's a purple dragon cuz her clothes are purple and in season 2 she's pink cuz she has pink clothes? Same with Jake, Lao Shi and all other dragons. Another Question, in the finale episode "Hong Kong Longs", Jonathan asks a really good question that's always bugin me: When they take their dragon form, what happens to their clothes? And,i know in the cartoon they don't change the look of their clothes but if it was real, and they would change clothes would it affect their dragon colour and what would happen to their clothes?? Anyone know?

Dragongirl600

[59]Oct 29, 2008
    Who knows why they chose green.

But im dying my hair green for halloween, in honor of jake

And we obviously believe the clothes are just kind of absorbed.

JasperGein17121

[60]Oct 30, 2008
    • level: 7
    I heard that the green is hair gel.