During a talk at American Bandstand about couples, a reeference was made to Sonny + Cher. This episode was set in Sept/Oct 1964. The husband + wife duo didn't release any singles and were at that time UNKNOWNS to the Top 40 radio world and their first hit didn't chart until the following July 1965.
Dick Clark was talking to 'Brenda Lee' after she sang her very first Top 40 hit('Sweet Nothin's) and made a comment that it was her first visit to Bandstand. Very strange usage of old archival AB footage since that song was first popular in Feb 1960 almost 4 and 1/2 years before! In the interim she had many hits and was a frequent visitor to both Bandstand and Dick Clark's weekly Saturday night show.
Songs w/Artists (in tonight's episode)
* Shotgun - Jr. Walker & The All Stars - 4-4/03/65
* I Hear A Symphony - The Supremes - 1-11/20/65
* Game of Love - Wayne Fontana & the Mindbenders - 1-4/24/65
* New Orleans - U.S. Bonds - 6-11/28/60
* Sweet Nothin's - Brenda Lee - 4-4/18/60 [Kelly Clarkson cover]
* Baby I'm Yours - Barbara Lewis - 11-8/21/65 [Vanessa Soul cover]