Meg Pryor has an argument with Luke Foley, the cashier at the Vinyl Crocodile record store. Meg is furious because Luke has substituted the Angels 45 that she originally purchased with a Bob Dylan 45. She says to Luke that Dylan's lyrics are not enjoyable, referring to his song "Mr. Tambourine Man." Luke later gives Meg the Dylan 45 of "Mr. Tambourine Man," which she listens to at home.
Except that Mr. Tambourine Man was written two years after the December 1963 timeline; it was never commercially released by Dylan on a 45 (the Byrds did have a hit with it, though), and the record on Meg's turntable had a purplish label; Dylan's Columbia 45's were red labels with black print. Granted, Bob Dylan's second album, "The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan," was released in 1963, and any track from that LP (including the eventual 45, "Blowin' In The Wind") would have made timeline sense in that episode.
The show timeline for this episode is December 1963. Except that the song Wishing and Hoping by Dusty Springfield was not released until June/July 1964; King Curtis' song Soul Serenade was released in early 1964; And Aretha's version wasn't even recorded until 1967 on her debut Atlantic LP. Willie Mitchell's hit was in April 1968.
Nun: Soon, you will start courting, dating and naturally, you'll be curious about the feelings you experience when you're with a boy.
Roxanne: I'm already curious, Sister.
Nun: I'm sure you are, Miss Bojarski.
Roxanne: What's it like, Sister? To be with a boy?
Nun: Today's film can probably answer that question better than I can, Miss Bojarski.
Michael: You know what happened to that kid?
Michael: He grew up to be associate producer of the show.
Roxanne: But that's you... oh.
Michael: Except now, that job's already taken. So I better not catch you doing this again.
Roxanne: You won't.
Michael: I won't because...
Roxanne: Because I won't do it again.
Songs w/Artists (in tonight's episode)
* Baby Workout - Jackie Wilson - 5-4/13/63
* Wishin' And Hopin' - Dusty Springfield - 6-8/01/64
* Mr. Tambourine Man - The Byrds - 1-6/26/65
* My Boyfriend's Back - The Angels - 1-8/31/63
* Mockingbird - Inez Foxx - 7-9/07/63
* Can I Get A Witness - Marvin Gaye - 22-12/28/63 [Usher cover]
* Pride And Joy - Marvin Gaye - 10-7/20/63
* Soul Serenade - King Curtis - 51-5/23/64
* California Sun - The Rivieras - 5-2/29/64
* Don't Hang Up - The O'Jays - [not charted]
* It's My Party - Leslie Gore - 1-6/01/63
* Surf City - Jan & Dean - 1-7/20/63
* Land of 1000 Dances - Wilson Pickett - 6-9/10/66
* UCLA Fight Song