American Dreams Forums

NBC (ended 2005)

Season's 2 & 3 WILL NOT be released!

PMcOuntry

[1]Jul 31, 2008
    • level: 7
    I sent this question into TV Guide and to my surprise, they actually published the question and the answer. The problem is, the answer makes me want to cry!

Here it is:

Is there any word on the release of Seasons 2 or 3 of American Dreams? Rumor has it that both DVDs, including the long awaited alternate ending to Season 3, were finished but not released. - Tricia
    Matt: Everyone, you know Gord from TVShowsonDVD.com, right? Says he, "American Dreams features lots of great music, and this, coupled with the less-than-stellar sales of Season 1, have nixed plans for the rest to be released. There's always a chance they could come out later, but.... I can almost assure you the sets aren't sitting in some secret Universal vault."
    Edited on 07/31/2008 8:35am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

MegPierce

[2]Jul 31, 2008
    I bought bootleg copies off the net and i'm so glad i did now.

PMcOuntry

[3]Aug 1, 2008
    Are they of good quality?

hal9000_basic

[4]Aug 4, 2008
    • level: 8
    I downloaded on the Torrent. Excellent quality. All intact.

MegPierce

[5]Sep 12, 2008
    PMcOuntry wrote:
    Are they of good quality?

They are not the best quality but I don't care because they are better than not having season 2 and 3.

michael0317

[6]Oct 4, 2008
    • level: 3

The following is posted on the AD Official Fan Club and they haw talked to the show creater and people on NBC:

Hoping to see Seasons 2 and 3 on DVD? Here's how...

According to Jonathan Prince, the show's creator, there are no current plans to release Seasons 2 and 3 on DVD. It is purely up to NBC as to when they will release them. We need to contact NBC in order to make these releases happen. (Before you groan and say, "Haven't we done this before?" Please read on...)

I wrote to my contacts at NBC, and I was eventually sent to someone at NBC Universal Home Entertainment. I told him that I didn't want to ask fans to write in to a generic address... I wanted them to be able to write to someone who would actually listen, and want to help us bring these seasons to DVD. Here are his recommendations:

1.) Buy Season 1 on DVD.

The release of Seasons 2 and 3 depends mostly on sales of Season One.

If you already own Season 1, buy it for someone else. Tell your friends and family to purchase it. It is at its most affordable price ever, at $19.98. (Those of us who bought it when it debuted paid over $70.) To make the biggest impact, buy it online directly from NBC. Buy it from NBC here.

2.) Write to NBC Universal Home Entertainment. Let them know if you already own Season One, or if you just purchased it. Tell them you would like to see Seasons 2 and 3, and that you are committed to buying them when it is released. The following link is the BEST PLACE to write... this recommendation is directly from a representative of NBC Universal Home Video. He wants to hear from us.

NBC Universal "Contact Us" page.

Please note: The first page is the "acceptance of terms" page. Click "I Accept." On the next page at the very top, it asks you to choose your country. Click on your country, and it will take you to the "Contact Us" form.

3.) Spread the word! I have tried to distribute this information on message boards and email lists... but if you know of a place I missed, spread it around!

4.) It wouldn't hurt to buy the American Dreams Season One Soundtrack. It is also more affordable at $13.98. Remember, NBC Universal is a business... money talks. If you show them that you are willing to pay for their products, they will be more likely to bring you more of them! The soundtrack is available from NBC here. (I think it's worth it just for the theme song!)

All this has been straight from those "in the know." If you want to see American Dreams on DVD, this will be the way to do it. Although I was disappointed to hear from NBC that DVDs were not in their immediate plans, my contacts were optimistic about seeing our favorite show on DVD. Thanks for your support!