American Dreams Forums

NBC (ended 2005)

This is what would have happened in Season4

psufan122021

[1]Nov 26, 2005
    • level: 5
    I got this off a web page. It has Ausiello and what he and Jonathan Prince talked about of what whould have happened in the 4th Season

Question: I just wanted to tell you that you are my hero. I was thisclose to giving up hope regarding the American Dreams alternate ending, and then you go and raise my spirits with last week's big update. I love you. — Jaclyn

Ausiello: Well, if you think you love me now, just wait until you hear what I have in the works. (Still can't discuss as nothing is official.) In the meantime, as I promised last week, here are some tidbits about what would have happened to your faves had Dreams seen a fourth season:

J.J. and Beth: "I was going to send J.J. to Berkeley to get his sister back and, while there, get exposed to a lot of the antiwar stuff," says series creator Jonathan Prince. "He would eventually come home and work harder on the space program. And Beth was going to go back to school to get her degree."

Meg and Sam: "Everybody wanted them to be together, which is why I think they couldn’t," says Prince. "I was going to give Sam a really serious girlfriend." Meg, meanwhile, would have fallen for Joey Lawrence's Bandstand successor, "a guy who seemed superficial on the top and ended up being deeper than that. That's who she would have ended up with. A local guy. The least likely guy you’d figure."

Helen and Jake: Helen was going to get busted for helping potential draftees slip off to Canada, leading to a rift between her and Jack. "They would have separated," says Prince. "But, obviously, they would have gotten back together.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

greaser_girl

[2]Nov 28, 2005
    • level: 6
    Thanks for posting. Thats a little bit more than what we knew already.

Pinkmyst

[3]Nov 29, 2005
    • level: 24
    Thanks but I would have still like Sam and Meg together

daretodream

[4]Dec 2, 2005
    • level: 18
    Pinkmyst wrote:

SAME HERE

greaser_girl

[5]Dec 2, 2005
    • level: 6
    I dont understand what happened to Chris? She got on the bike with him so what happened after that? They never mention anything about Chris in "Season 4"

cookaberry

[6]Dec 2, 2005
    • level: 12
    yah, this was in the "new episode thread" in response to the chris question, i don't know exactly. My impression was that tehy broke up because i want to say that i read, maybe it was in teh new episode thread, that meg falls for joey lawerence aka the bandstand guy from season 1, who's name i can't remember, sucessor so that would imply that they broke up. tear, tear.

the7thFRIEND

[7]Dec 22, 2005
    • level: 11
    daretodream wrote:
    Pinkmyst wrote:

SAME HERE

i cant believe sam and meg would not have ended up together...they would have been sooo cute together and that would have been a perfect ending

LiezaJaye

[8]Jan 1, 2006
    • level: 4
    I just read your posted forrum item, i don't believe that it is true to the show, personally i son't think your information is correct because there is no definite end to the story that is always given as shows creaters wish to.

LiezaJaye

[9]Jan 1, 2006
    I just read your posted forum item, i don't believe that it is true to the show, personally i don't think your information is correct because there is no definite end to the story that is always given as shows creater's wish to.

windseeker15

[10]Jan 22, 2006
    • level: 9
    I was rooring for Meg and Chris. they made such a cool couple.

lit1586

[11]Apr 19, 2006
    • level: 11
    hmm interesting...why did the series end btw? Bad ratings/

cookaberry

[12]Apr 19, 2006
    yah, it wasn't doing to well, it was actually cancelled in december, but Jonathan Prince kept it going, hoping it would get turned around.

rebates

[13]Jul 20, 2006
    • level: 17

LiezaJaye wrote:
    I just read your posted forum item, i don't believe that it is true to the show, personally i don't think your information is correct because there is no definite end to the story that is always given as shows creater's wish to.

If you go to this site ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Dreams ), you'll find information about the fourth season plotlines.  Some of them correspond to the ones written above; some don't.  Apparently, there was also a 12 minute 'epilogue' segment that was additionally shot to air at the end of the series finale.   It involved Meg returning home after a three year absence.   

There's actually a lot of info at this site.  Including that, as of now, no release dates have been set for S2 and S3 DVDs.  However, Jonathan Prince  has promised that the epilogue will appear on the S3 DVDs when they are released. 

cookaberry

[14]Jul 21, 2006
    Aw, the fourth season sounds so good. I wish the dvds come out for S2+3 soon!!! Now I'm sad...

Misery-Business

[15]Jan 15, 2008
    I read a totally different one,along time ago

MegPierce

[16]May 9, 2008
    • level: 7
    After reading this, I'm glad they didn't make season 4. I hate the idea of meg being with anyone but Chris.

miss_vanity6

[17]Nov 16, 2008
    MegPierce wrote:
    After reading this, I'm glad they didn't make season 4. I hate the idea of meg being with anyone but Chris.

I COMPLETELY agree. First, why would she end up with Sam? They were boring together. Their was nothing that ever really drew them towards each others until other people started pulling them away from each other: mainly Melanie, Sam's girlfriend. Also, if they really liked each other they would have ignored everyone else wishes. I mean Meg did that tons of times with Chris which proves who she wanted more and what she was risking to lose for him, which included her family. That could be debated- maybe she left for the war and him, but I defitnetly don't think it was just the war. Also, they were always childhood friends. There would always be a connection. For Chris, he was the guy that made her happiest and the sadiest. I know that can be taken negatively but I think that proves how much she was into him. He was also her first- she looked over her religion for him. & she had gone through tons of stuff with him- the arson, the peace sign, the play, and all the other forms of protest. They had a past stronger than what we'd seen with Sam. Lastly, she was good for him.

About the new guy. Meg couldn't end up with a regular old guy. Then, she'd be just like her family which she always wanted more, remember what she told her dad when she wanted to go to college. Chris could give her that. The new guy would just be random and wouldn't fit for the show or the girl she was becoming.

I would've wanted her to come back and reconcile with her family but still be with Chris and end up with him.