American Dreams

Pilot

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Sep 29, 2002 on NBC

• Meg's dream was to get on a show called American Bandstand. Although after she was told not to go by her parents, she and a friend did and Meg was able to become a regular. she was excited until presidant Kennady was shot the whole world was devastated.

I thought this was an excellent pilot to a TV seris. I really enjoyed this episode. I was very tearful at the end of the episode and I loved how they filmed it. I thought all the character were very good and they were well picked especially Brittany Snows performace, although I didn;t take to Patty as much as she does annoy me a little with her spelling all the time. What I also I liked about this programme is that it is so much like Hairspray, the TV show, Brittany Snow, The Sixties. I loved Hairspray and this TV show

Well Done!
  • A great start to a fantabulous show!

I've seen this episode so many times and each time it's so amazing.

It circles around the Pryors, mainly Meg, who is dying to be on American Bandstand, even though her dad doesn't want her to. There's JJ who has quit football, much to his father's disapproval, and Patty who won't stop spelling things.

Patty is hilarious in this episode, I love her spelling. The dinner time conversations are classic, and I love the fight scene between Mr. Pryor and JJ, I have it memorized. Then Mrs Pryor comforting him. It's all so touching. And of course the end, when JFK is shot. The whole thing gives me goose bumps. This is an amazing Pilot episode! Watch it!