American Gladiators Forums

FOX (ended 1996)

American Gladiators on DVD!

Tubelubber

[1]Mar 20, 2009
    • level: 58

You guys ain't gonna believe this! I've just received word that American Gladiators is to be released on DVD starting this summer! Go to TVShowsonDVD.com for proof! The entire first season is gonna be released (including the mid-season recap episode)! All 26 episodes! What do you say to that?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

charley28

[2]Mar 28, 2009
    • level: 66

That's nothing new to me. I was aware about this for a couple of months when Dan mentioned it to me in one of our conversations. Finally, everyone will be able to see the whole thing without any interruptions. The cover art is great. It's the one with the 6 originals; Lace, Nitro, Malibu, Sunny, Gemini & Zap, on the cover. although it doesn't show Zap so i'm just wondering if it's just the way the pic was edited. I can't see them forgetting to put her on it.

So get your money ready for July 14th for the Battle Begins 3 disk Set of American Gladiators.

Tubelubber wrote:

You guys ain't gonna believe this! I've just received word that American Gladiators is to be released on DVD starting this summer! Go to TVShowsonDVD.com for proof! The entire first season is gonna be released (including the mid-season recap episode)! All 26 episodes! What do you say to that?

Edited on 03/28/2009 11:48am
    Edited 2 total times.

Tubelubber

[3]Mar 29, 2009
    charley28 wrote:

That's nothing new to me. I was aware about this for a couple of months when Dan mentioned it to me in one of our conversations. Finally, everyone will be able to see the whole thing without any interruptions. The cover art is great. It's the one with the 6 originals; Lace, Nitro, Malibu, Sunny, Gemini & Zap, on the cover. although it doesn't show Zap so i'm just wondering if it's just the way the pic was edited. I can't see them forgetting to put her on it.

So get your money ready for July 14th for the Battle Begins 3 disk Set of American Gladiators.

Tubelubber wrote:

Well, it's news to the majority of major AG fans. If you knew about this for months, you should've told us right away! Why didn't you say something 2 months ago?

Edited on 04/14/2009 7:27pm
    Edited 2 total times.

Tubelubber

[4]May 28, 2009

UPDATE: I heard on TVShowsonDVD.com that due to "cost" (according to Dan "Nitro" Clark), the first dozen episodes of the first season are not to be included in this release (except for the recap show). What a big mistake!

P.S.: Yes, charley, I know you've been well aware of this since BEFORE the news spread, but you should remind us right away next time.

Edited on 05/28/2009 11:50am

charley28

[5]May 30, 2009
    Well, when you are asked not to say anything from someone like Dan, then you keep your lips tightly shut about it. if I would have gone and said what I knew months ago, then I would have got everyone's hope up and then they would have been disappointed to find out about something like they just did.

Also, you forgot to mention that the site, said that Dan, Raye & Jim; Nitro, Zap & Laser will be commentating on select episodes and then an interview with Billy Wirth.. Gemini's nemesis.

Tubelubber

[6]Jun 1, 2009
    charley28 wrote:
    Well, when you are asked not to say anything from someone like Dan, then you keep your lips tightly shut about it. if I would have gone and said what I knew months ago, then I would have got everyone's hope up and then they would have been disappointed to find out about something like they just did. Also, you forgot to mention that the site, said that Dan, Raye & Jim; Nitro, Zap & Laser will be commentating on select episodes and then an interview with Billy Wirth.. Gemini's nemesis.
    Anyway, do you have any opinions on the first half of the first season episodes (except the recap episode) not being included on the DVD release?
    Edited on 06/01/2009 5:52pm

jjc92787

[7]Aug 20, 2009
    • level: 7
    It's for the better really. The first half of season 1 was so low budget and tacky. Only real diehards would watch more than the recap.

charley28

[8]Aug 21, 2009
    I would just because that's the start of everything.. you know the battle between Gemini & Billy Wirth, Nitro getting slammed into by Craig Williams and of course you can't forget the infamous Malibu flying through the air during Human Cannonball.

charley28

[9]Aug 24, 2009
    And of course you've got the commentary to listen to from Raye, Dan & Jim. I had more fun listening to them talk about things from the good ole days of what was going through their minds and what they would do afterwards..