American Gladiators Forums

FOX (ended 1996)

Dan Clark aka Nitro's New book

charley28

[1]Dec 27, 2008
    • level: 66
    Dan Clark aka Nitro has came out with a new book called Gladiator: A True Story of 'Roids, Rage and Redemption. it will be available Feb. 10, 2009. Here's a description from Amazon.com to see what it looks like.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Elise23

[2]Jan 24, 2009
    • level: 3

when I first heard the news I was shocked but at the same time it's like I already knew. I guess for him it was somewhat theraputic to write the book, also thinking it might help others in a similar situatuon to know that they aren't the only ones. there is one thing that still bugs me, why is hulk hogan the host of the new AG and not nitro? I say keep leila ali and get rid of the "hulkster" and bring in Nitro!!!!!!!!!!!

charley28

[3]Feb 11, 2009
    • level: 66

I was interested in knowing if he had trashed any of his fellow gladiators but he assured me that he only talks about himself in the book. Which is great sportsmanship for not doing it because one would think that they'd spill their guts as much as they could about their former teammates. throw them to the wolves and see what happens..

To tell you the truth, who knows. You would have thought it would have been the logical idea to bring in one of the former Gladiators such as Nitro or Zap. You know, ones that have been in the public eye a little more. I mean probably the only reason they brought in Hulk Hogan was to bring in the rating and fans/views of the wrestling world. cause if they see hogan is there, they'll follow him.

I personally don't like him as the host because he's bringing in his wrestling crap and trying to integrate it into it. American Gladiators is not about Hulk Hogan and his wrestling buddies and all the different names that they've got. AG is about every day people going up against athletes in events.

Edited on 02/11/2009 3:46pm