American Gladiators Forums

FOX (ended 1996)

People Weekly for Jan 21st

charley28

[1]Jan 23, 2008
    • level: 66
    Check out the newest editon of People Weekly that is on stands. Nito, Ice & Laser are in it and they talk about what they are up to now.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

charley28

[2]Feb 7, 2008
    • level: 66
    Ok I've been able to obtain the actual article for the original American Gladiators interviews. Here's what the article had to say:
    NBC's brisin' new hit has fans nostalgic for the squad from the old syndicated version (1989-96). People's Nicholas White caught up with three still-tough characters.

Nitro
    "We built American Gladiators on our broken knees, our sore backs, our jammed fingers," says Clark, an actor, screenwriter and consultant on the new show. "Not a day goes by when people don't [recognize] me."

Ice
    "My character was kind of me," says Fetrick. I'll go out, kick your butt, smile and walk away." She sells real estate in L.A. "I'm an entrpreneur = I found out that's my strenght. It'd be fun to be on Celebrity Apprentice!"

Laser: Real Name: Jim Starr, 45
    "In my seven season I had 12 surgeries," says Starr, who now works in the fitness-product develompent. "Are these new [Gladiators] as athletic as the old ones? It's going to ve a lot of fun to find that out."
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.