We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

An American Horror Story Community
Wednesday 10:00 PM on FX

As much as Ryan Murphy's American Horror Story series aims to entertain, it also seeks to hand-deliver crippling nightmares with freakish imagery and Chloe Sevigny made over as a hideous, boil-covered monster. But the visual terror starts always well before the television season begins, courtesy of the cryptic teasers the show releases on the regular. 

But today, it's a static image that should get all the attention. Take a look at this just-released poster (through the cracks in your fingers, preferably):

AHHHHHHHHH! What is going on here? Is this one of those weird perverted Japanese things? Is the snake supposed to represent the witch's tongues and the venomous power of the spoken spell? Or did the art department say, "You know what would look really cool? A snake!" 

American Horror Story: Coven premieres October 9 on FX.

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 1/13/2016

Season 5 : Episode 12

42 Comments
Comments (42)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Woo-hoo can't wait!
Flag
Can't wait. When does it start?
Flag
says on the poster.
Flag
Well, duh, how dumb am I? I couldn't get past the snakes. Thanks.
Flag
This season of AHS is going to be great (again).
Flag
Kind of reminds me of the True Blood season 1 poster.
Flag
I had the same thought. Kind of lame..
Flag
Freakin love this show.
Flag
very sexual....i like it
Flag
I got bored towards the end of AHS: Asylum and I didn't even watch the last episode I think. But the early news, teasers & poster are looking awesome, so I'll probably tune in again for AHS: Coven..
Flag
I agree! the same thing with the first season...the first half of season 1 and the first half of season 2 were soooooo good! But then it seems like the writers get carried away with silly ideas and by the end of the season the show becomes something else entirely. I never watched the last episode of season 1 because I couldn't care enough about anyone in that show anymore. The last half of season 2 went off the rails as well (remember the unexplained aliens and the possessed nun, two story lines that never went anywhere?)..but I always seem to want to come back for more! I just hope they can pull off a FULL season of good twists and scary imagery this time...don't screw with me again, Ryan Murphy!
Flag
I love how they keep finding new ways to make people double check on what they just saw ... Like, early morning, coffee, I sit down and go through what's new and ... wtf?? ... Ah, AHS. Ow, okay, then. Then it makes sense.

How oh how I've been missing decent horror shows lately. I can't even remember the last time I saw a really good (new) horror movie.
Flag
They're gonna fight an evil dude and to kill him they have to eliminate 7 horcruxes, that snake is the final boss
Flag
Maybe they should split it into two seasons to make more money.
Flag
I'm pretty sure the art department just said, "You know what would look really cool? A snake!", and I really don't care because this is an awesome poster!
Flag
Wow the cast for this season is top notch.
Flag
Jessica Lange is always great, but who's bright idea was it to give Emma Roberts a part in this show? Emma simply can't act.
Flag
Well, this looks stupid to me...
Flag
I'm in love with the cast!
Flag
All these great teasers are elevating our expectations to a level that the show cannot possibly match.
I'm afraid we are all going to be disappointed.
Flag
Well arent you just a debbie downer!?

Speak for yourself, please, while i have been very excited for the new season thanks to those great teasers we've been getting, and this fantastic poster, im not getting overhyped whatsoever, i learned a long time ago that doing that is not the best idea, and i dont think anyone else is getting too overly excited either & why would they? The teasers are pretty much the same we got last year, short 15-20 second teasers that are a little creepy.. no need to get overhyped, i loved seasons 1 and 2 and im sure i will love this one as well :)
Flag
Just trying to keep my expectations down. :)
Flag
Oh sweet mercy! Snakes, why did it have to be snakes?! *shudders*
Flag
I'm orgasming rn
Flag
Wow. I wasn't expecting that. Which is the main reason I love this show. It keeps surprising and entertaining me. I've been looking forward to 'Coven' ever since 'Asylum' finished!
Flag
After the snake eaten/out of the eye on Teen Wolf, this is nothing! I never watched AHS before, but I'm planning to for this season.
Flag
Start from Season 1! And trust me, AHS can out-gross TW any day
Flag
kind of cool but almost makes me gag... hope it's better than this last season, it was alright but kind of got annoying.
Flag
Can't wait let the mind games Continue
Flag
I like this show even if it's dark and twisted and rather perverse at times.
This season doesn't look as if it will be as good as the two first, mostly because it looks like there are too many women in this season for my taste, lol. I guess it was to be expected since it's going to be about witches, but still... I just hope it won't be a lot of lesbian stuff at least.

I look most forward to see what kind of character Jessica Lange will be this time.
Flag
Gonna be bad frigin ass!!!
Flag
So excited for this season! Witches are mah thang.
Flag
Why do I feel like, much like last year, that I am going to find myself crying during some portion of this show this season and have to remind myself, it is horror, what are you doing? I still find that Sister Jude and Kit's storyline really makes me weepy.
Flag
It was sweet, wasn't it?
Flag
Yes. Its kind of weird though...I think if Evan Peters is in the story line you feel sympathy for him and also his story isn't fully resolved. Like was Tate actually the devil? Or were those aliens or angels or something with Kit.
Flag
reminds me a kabuto from naruto
Flag
Follow this Show
Members