An American Horror Story Community
Wednesday 10:00 PM on FX

American Horror Story: Freak Show has taken a page from the Guinness Book of World Records in the search for its latest casting recruit.

Co-creator Ryan Murphy revealed on Wednesday that Jyoti Amge, who currently holds the Guinness title of "world's smallest woman," is the newest addition to the FX anthology's upcoming fourth season.

Murphy announced the news on Twitter and included a photo of Amge with longtime cast member Jessica Lange. Amge stands just 2 feet and 6 inches tall because of a genetic disorder she has called Achondroplasia.

Season 4 of AHS will focus on the last freak show in America circa 1952. Amge joins previously announced AHS newbies including Michael Chiklis, Patti LaBelle, Wes Bentley, and John Carroll Lynch.

American Horror Story: Freak Show debuts this fall.

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 11/16/2016

Season 6 : Episode 10

19 Comments
Comments (19)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Jessica Lange's hands look freakishly large in that photo... I know it's just a trick of the eye, because Jyoti is so tiny... but man!
Flag
i know! wow!
Flag
You can't get away with the type of exploitation they got away with with such freak shows (and hence they are gone), and as such I don't feel this exploitation at all, especially if Amge agreed to it. There is no way Murphy and Co. would go in with this without having thought of it very carefully and without taking everything into consideration.
Flag
The title is freak show so the least they have to include is smbody with odd physical characteristic. If they use her to a great extent or just for the visual gain i think both ways it serves her purpose. No disrespect to the actress but if she give her consent to use her physicality in the show then it is not realy exploiting in a vad way. Looking fwd.
Flag
And I thought this season would be PC.
Flag
I can't decide if this show has made some great progress in lifting some of the social stigma of people who are different - Jamie Brewer is excellent every time, or is it really offensive in exploiting them. I wanna say the first, 'cause I love it, but I am leaning towards both.
Flag
Well if you seen Glee or the New Normal, Ryan Murphy likes to get a diverse cast, then portray them into an offensively stereotypical role, then get other characters to insult them with lazy bigoted remarks, and calls it comedy.
Flag
I still give him a lot of credit for having diverse casts, no one else does really. And usually the strength of the acting manages to humanise the characters beyond the writing cliches.
Flag
well thats mean. short = freak.

last season was so terrible i might not even watch this season. show is garbage and circle jerks itself for having a "strong" female cast. like it means anything when its trash.
Flag
Well, if you're gonna hate it, maybe you shouldn't watch it.
Flag
I don't know her acting credentials, so I don't know how to feel about this casting. However, I doubt experience will matter much if she ends up being a background character... especially if she's given as little lines as possible.

;D
Flag
I swear i thought she was a doll for a second.
Flag
"It's a small part."
Flag
I think it's tasteless.
Flag
You mean sorta like freak shows in general? Cuz, you know, that is probably going to be a lot of the sentiment even of the time it's set in during 1952, so you're likely just preaching to the choir....
Flag
Or not... can go either way...
Flag
Yes, but can she act?
Flag
it probably won't be much acting really, she could just be one of the background actors that are part of the "freak show"
Flag
Very fitting.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members