An American Horror Story Community
Wednesday 10:00 PM on FX

GOODBYE TO THE QUEEN

... Jessica Lange has only one more round of horrifying insanity left in her before she calls it a career. In an interview with the Los Angeles Times, Lange said she's eying a retirement from acting after one more season of FX's American Horror Story. She'd also like to squeeze in another stage production and a few more movies before saying goodbye to the camera forever. The line for grieving starts right behind me. [LA Times]

BUSINESS TIME

... ABC is thinking about bringing back Body of Proof, the canceled medical/cop drama starring Dana Delaney that just sort of stuck around for three seasons, but ended up being a reliable performer for ABC. Why now? Well ABC looked at its schedule and thought, "Oh, shit." [Deadline Hollywood]

... It's good news/bad news with the script orders today. First the good news: ABC's Back in the Game received a request for two more scripts, a positive sign that the sitcom starring Maggie Lawson isn't entirely in trouble. And the bad news: Super Fun Night also received an order for two more scripts, meaning we're all a little closer to Armageddon. ABC has stayed mum on decisions regarding its new comedies, but has canceled Lucky 7 and given a full-season order to Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. [Deadline Hollywood]

... Why should TV detectives get to have all the fun detecting? CBS's CSI will let viewers do some digging of their own in the 300th episode, which airs tomorrow night and will feature 14 hidden "300"s; viewers will be challenged to find them all. You'll be able to see if you got them rigth by heading to CBS.com the following day. [CBS via press release] 

... Channing Tatum is producing a sitcom for CBS based on the life of his friend Nick Zano. The series would star Zano and follow his experience of being raised in a multi-generational house with seven women in New Jersey. [Deadline Hollywood]

... CBS will play with history this holiday season when it airs colorized versions of two I Love Lucy episodes on December 20 at 8pm. The one-hour "special" will feature the classic grape-stomping episode "Lucy's Italian Movie" and the much rarer "Christmas Episode." Ricky Ricardo's trademark, "Luuuuuucy, I'm home" will also be updated, to "Yo Lucy, I'm in the hizzy!" [CBS via press release]

... VH1's CrazySexyCool: The TLC Story was apparently on television last night, and apparently it did quite well. 4.5 million viewers tuned in to see the biopic of the '90s R&B group, and according to a press release it was last night's most tweeted-about show with almost 2 million tweets, quadrupling tweets about Monday Night Football, which I don't believe for a second. [VH1 via press release]

... Nickelodeon has picked up a 22-episode second season of Haunted Hathaways and a 13-episode third season of See Dad Run. The former is about ghosts and the latter stars Scott Baio, so I guess they're both about ghosts? Scott Baio slam! [Deadline Hollywood]

... Syfy has finally given the greenlight to Opposite Worlds, a reality competition show that's basically a twist on the Big Brother-style housing shows. Contestants will live in a house, but it will be divided into two halves, one that's set up as though it exists in the past and the other staged as a future scenario. The two sides of the house will have their own advantages and disadvantages, and both sides will be able to see each other. The show will be turned around quickly, as the network has put a January 21 premiere date on it. [Deadline Hollywood]

CASTING NEWS

... CBS's upcoming drama Extant, starring Halle Berry as a female astronaut who returns to Earth and faces all the family problems that come with having just spent a year in space, has cast its kid. Pierce Gagnon, best known for his role in the indie sci-fi movie Looper, will play Berry's son. There aren't a lot of details available about the project, but when it was first announced there were rumblings about an android son and an alien baby. So practice doing the robot, Pierce. [CBS via press release]

... Starz has added some new cast members to Power, its upcoming crime drama produced by 50 Cent, and I don't know who any of them are. Let's go on this voyage of discovery together, shall we? Lela Loren (Snitch), Naturi Naughton (Fame), and Joseph Sikora (Jack Reacher) are all joining the series about a nightclub owner who leads a double life as the city's drug kingpin. Look for eight episodes in 2014. [Starz via press release]

... Janeane Garafolo has joined the cast of Bravo's dramedy pilot The Girlfriend's Guide to Divorce, about a female self-help author (Lisa Edelstein) who separates from her husband. Garafolo will play her best friend. [THR]

THE MOST IMPORTANT NEWS

... Jersey Shore's Pauly D (see? I told you it was important...) has a love child from a Las Vegas fling! Way to go, DJ Pauly D. [TMZ]

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 9/22/2016

Season 6 : Episode 2

Next Episode

AIRS ON 9/28/2016

Season 6 : Episode 3

61 Comments
Comments (61)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Where is Suburgatory? Enough with Back In The Game and Super Fun Night, ABC!

Flag
Really you don't know who Naturi Naughton is?
Flag
Janeane Garafolo AND Lisa Edelstein on the same show? Consider me excited!
Flag
Yes, Bring back Body of Proof. That show was awesome!
Flag
Jessica Lange can't quit, she's the best thing about the show!
Flag
So sad to see the exodus of The Queen, Great news about Body of Proof...hilarious Scott Baio slam!
I know plenty of people of a certain age who will be tuning into see Lucy in color (not to imply that they are the only people who enjoy Lucy, just that they are the only people I know who enjoy I Love Lucy)
Flag
Tim, is the misspelled "rigth" in the CSI story one of the 300s?

Body of Proof didn't have amazing ratings or anything, it was just cheaper to produce and had a built-in audience.

A little surprised that Back in the Game got an extension, sadly not surprised Super Fun Night did - it is proving the addage "any press is good press".

Ugh, I hate when celebrities become producers. Nobody cares about your buddy's "super interesting" life Channing Tatum, you neither Eva Longoria! You leverage your fame against idiotic network execs too afraid to tell you the truth that your ideas aren't gold, and we all suffer for it. "Ready for Love"? Ready for cancellation.

Why would anybody want to colorize I Love Lucy? OR ANYTHING? Remember when that was such a brilliant idea in the '80s when Ted Turner started ruining movies and nobody watched? Well I'm sure computers will make it all better, suuuuure. "But we need to sell I Love Lucy blu-rays and nobody buys black and white blu-rays!" said CBS execuwhores.

Scott Baio isn't dead, only his career. But then again, I'll never forget the Bob Loblaw Law Blog.

And Siffy once again shits itself with another reality show, this time full-on embarassing itself. Nobody will watch this and the premise is entirely dumb.

No no no, Janeane Garafolo is awesome as a stand-up and awful when she sells her soul to TV and movies!
More+
Flag
Axing Body of Proof seemed stupid and greedy to me. It had stable mid-level ratings. Never the best, but certainly never the worst. Cancelling it was a sign that ABC thought all their new shows would do better. Given the failure rate on new shows - especially recently - it was a dumb gamble. They should have at least kept it as a mid-season replacement.

If they do bring it back, I suspect they'll try to "reboot" it again. I believe Jeri Ryan is signed on to Helix, which would force some changes. But the bigger issue is that ABC still seems to think network execs can make a show artistically better via committee. That's always a disaster, as their last BoP reboot showed.
Flag
Jessica Lange is probably reacting to Kathy Bates' presence on the show. If a talent like Bates (not to mention Angela Bassett) is settling down for a long stay, Lange may feel it's time to find the door.
Flag
Maybe, or it may be, that she wanted to retire, from the grind. Now that Kathy Bates and Angela Bassett have joined the show, she can leave without killing the series.
Flag
CrazySexyCool: The TLC Story was actually a very good entertaining movie, without the "apparently" dig mixed in with it.
Flag
I can only imagine what the faces of ABC execs looked like when they saw the ratings for Lucky 7 and Once Upon A Time Wonderland. They should have never cancelled Body of Proof. It was like the only cop show ABC had and it was doing good, even after the major exodus from the actors.

I wouldn't mind if Jessica Lange takes a break from AHS. She already got her Emmy.
Flag
I just don't understand why didn't they just check the storylines behind "Lucky 7" and "Wonderland" before they approved the products; there were at least two shows like them before and neither "Windfall" nor "Alice"'s ratings justified a long-term series.
Flag
"CrazySexyCool" was awesome. I watched both airings. Combined it had like over six million viewers.
Flag
How does one have a "love child from a Las Vegas fling"?
Flag
Good point. I guess Tim is defining "love" as "drunken meaningless awkward sex". (Didn't Tim get married not too long ago? Oh dear.)
Flag
I'm not one who usually notices exceptional acting, but I distinctly remember watching Looper and thinking that the child actor did a fantastic job. In fact, I he was so good he just ensured I'll be watching Extant, and that's more than Halle Berry did.
Flag
Yes he was really good. I didn't immediately realize he was the kid from Looper. I looked at his picture before I read the bit on his casting in Extant and I got instant creepy chills. Now I remember why.
Flag
I hope American Horror Story doesn't end after Lange's departure, the series' ability to start afresh each season means it's got a lot of life left, with or without her. I doubt Ryan Murphy will want it to end either, since Glee, too, will be off the air by then.
Flag
What are ya doing, ABC? Nobody out there is demanding more Super Fun Night. Just cancel it so we can have Suburgatory back on the schedule.
Flag
It'll be very sad to see Lange retire, if she'll actually do it. That'll be a big loss for Hollywood. But I won't be crushed to see her leave AHS. Sure, she is pretty much the heart of the show, but because the show is one in which the stories change every season, the actors can be changed too. A new heart can be found for the show. Her leaving is not the same as an actor central to a show leaving, for example if Michael Emerson left Person of Interest, or if Julianna Margulies left The Good Wife. One candidate to fill Lange's high heels could be Angela Bassett.
Flag
and the other candidate is Kathy Bates :)

I think is very good that she wants to retire now that she's high in everybody's opinion, but it is a different thing to actually do it. Unless she has health problems, that might prove difficult.
Flag
At least we will have one more season with her great acting.
Flag
Body of proof is great bring it back please...
Flag
BRING BACK BODY OF PROOF BACK, YES PLEASE
Flag
I actually liked alot of the first 2 seasons of Body of Proof, but seeing all the changes they made for season 3 really put me off to the show. Still, if they brought it back I'd be more inclined to give it another shot. But they should really bring back Happy Endings as part of the resurrection deal.
Flag
I like Jessica Lange, but it would be nice to see new people on the show finally, it can get a bit confusing keeping them straight lol

bring back Happy Endings instead, ABCidiots.

doesn't surprise me at all that Nick Zano is in a CBS show since his (ex?)girlfriend is also there. the show sounds alright, I can relate to it.
Flag
No Jessica Lange? And she may retire COMPLETELY?????????????????????? That is not a world I'm gonna be a fan of. :(
Flag
I LOVED the TLC movie last night! Lil Mama as Lisa was amazing and scary at the same time! VH1 needs to do more of these movies!

& I'm heartbroken over Jessica Lange departure. Please don't leave me now, Jessica!
Flag
Right there in the grieving line with you Tim. I can't imagine AHS without Jessica Lange. She has been amazing on that show.
Flag
Is ABC really in that much trouble where they're trying to bring back something that's cancelled? I believe Cory mentioned in an article earlier today how Happy Endings was making the same ratings Goldbergs and Trophy Wife are so with that being said, if anything needs to be un-cancelled....(yeah yeah I know don't hold my breath).
Flag
I'd rather ABC bring back Pushing Daisies.

Flag
ugh, yes please!
Flag
Too bad. Jessica Lange has been fantastic. I'm sure they can find someone else to step up though.

Flag
That is all right. AHS still has Lily Rabe and Sarah Paulson. Both had the most compelling story from last season. I am sure either one or both can step up.

Back in the Game isn't bad. Please don't let Terry hook up with the douchey coach.

Most Channing Tatum stuff is awful. How about we don't give him a TV show to do anything with.

And speaking of people who shouldn't have access to TV or Movies, 50 Cent? Really? Come on Starz you should be better than that. You are not going to get shows like HBO has if you give 50 Cent a show. His movie was awful, his past couple albums, same.
Flag
As long as Terry keeps away from Dick (and I mean that in more ways than one (; hahahahahaha...) then I'll be ok. He really is an ass and she could do better. Plus it'd be entirely too predictable. BITG surprisingly grew on me so glad they're at least ordering more scripts!
Flag
I still think she should take more of a role in the show running and start bringing in cast members from Psych. Psych has a very loyal following and if the show added and subtracted a few things it could really be very good.
Flag
See Dad Run is an excellent ironic joke about doing terrible sitcoms on Nick at Nite. It's the best intentionally ironic sitcom since Yes Dear. Very smart of Scott Baio, who I assumed was either dead or living in a trashcan in Los Angeles. Classic Nick at Nite! Who hasn't wanted to watch one of their original sitcoms. I'm sure we all remember Fatherhood. Oh, Fatherhood! So many great episode.
Flag
Maybe they will end the show after season 4, provided it gets a 4th season, which it most likely will.
Flag
don't even say such a thing Keith!
Flag
NOOOO!! Lange is such a huge part of AHS, i couldn't imagine a season without her. I wonder who will take the torch as #1? Peters? Paulson? Conroy?
Flag
I agree she is #1, but why isn't she credited as such? Still listed as "and". Starting with season 2, it should have said "starring Jessica Lange" first. Zachary Quinto was listed first last season; he was great but obviously he wasn't the main character.
Flag
I always believed having the "and" in front of your name in the credits meant the actor was considered of high(est) prestige within the cast
Flag
The "and" credit is the most prestigious.
Flag
It's always been my impression that the "and" credit always goes to the best supporting character (which was Lange in season 1). But if you're the main character (which Lange has been in seasons 2 and 3) your name goes as "starring" or is at least listed first. "Starring" is more prestigious than "and".
Flag
does it rank higher than with and featuring? I never thought anything could get more prestigious than: special guest star heather locklear. lol
Flag
That whole concept is an oxymoron. A guest star who appears in every episode and is the main character? Why didn't Aaron Spelling just turn around and put her name first. It was her show. She took it completely over; no one even thinks about Melrose Place without thinking of Heather.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members