An American Horror Story Community
Wednesday 10:00 PM on FX

American Horror Story has tapped legendary diva Patti LaBelle for a four-episode arc, TVLine reports.

The singer will join AHS: Freak Show—which is set in the 1950s and focuses on the last freak show in America—as the mother of Gabourey Sidibe's character and a local townsperson who begins to discover the murderous secrets of Twisty the clown killer. 

LaBelle is not the first songstress to visit the FX anthology series; Stevie Nicks appeared in two episodes of American Horror Story: Coven last year. 

LaBelle joins returning stars Jessica Lange, Sarah Paulson, Kathy Bates, Angela Bassett, Evan Peters, and Frances Conroy, as well as new cast members Michael Chiklis, Wes Bentley, and John Carroll Lynch. Her acting credits include A Different World, The Nanny, Cosby, and most recently, 2011's Mama, I Want to Sing!

American Horror Story: Freak Show debuts this fall.

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 1/13/2016

Season 5 : Episode 12

8 Comments
Comments (8)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
I can't wait either. The show is amazing, and really is one of the recent shows that has put television ahead of movies as the pinnacle of viewing entertainment (again). I love that the seasons are self-contained and the actors do amazing jobs in their new roles. There are times when I think that I still like the first season best, and then I think -- no wait, the second season was also incredible, etc., but that's because they've all been so great you cannot really choose and they can all exist as favourites. I have no doubt Freak Show will be up there as well.
Flag
I so can't wait.
Flag
Patti Labelle on AHS? Wow. I thought last season was crazy. I wonder if she'll do any singing? Seems almost inevitable.
Flag
It seems another legendary Patti is joining the show.
Flag
This season is building up a pretty darn nice cast of characters, if they keep up this trend we're bound to only see better and better from each new season, though, will be VERY sad if Jessica Lange does in fact retire after this season.
Flag
so is Twisty a killer clown, or a clown killer? because a clown killer is completely justifiable. clowns are evil.

also, cool for Patty LaBelle.
Flag
And if you're really the type to kill clowns, wouldn't you have a more menacing name than Twisty? Unless you twist their bodies into absurd and unnatural positions in the process of killing said clowns??
Flag
Follow this Show
Members