American Horror Story Forums

Wednesday 10:00 PM on FXBetween Seasons

Anyone else in love with Tate?

sibowittz

[1]Oct 12, 2011
    • level: 17

Maybe I'm just a little bit dark and twisty, but I happen to be sort of fond of the crazy psycho teen, Tate. Is that wrong? Something about him is sort of hot? I do like a weird, sort of mysterious dude! It's sort of like how I like Micheal C Hall in Dexter. He's not particularly stable, but he's dark and mysterious, which has a sexiness to it. I like it!

Tate is pretty cute too. His eyes are great. Scary, but great, and deep. Like you could fall in. IDK...anyone else?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Lollipopfop

[2]Oct 12, 2011
    • level: 7

Hmmm...I find him strangely compeling...but no. After all, I doubt that he is a real patient. More like a ghost posing as a patient. Ill bet no one oin the outside world has ever heard of Tate! But the whole idea of psychoanalizing a ghost; VERY COOL!

Lollipopfop

[3]Oct 12, 2011
    • level: 7

But he does have great eyes; and he is very good actor. really wonderful.

Beanie12

[4]Nov 10, 2011
    • level: 1
    I was thinking the same thing, Tate is hot! I'd take him as my ghost boyfriend!

andiegirl

[5]Nov 15, 2011
    • level: 8
    I've grown very fond of him. In the first episode I just thought he was a really interesting and twisted character - but a bit odd looking. As the series progressed however his looks grew on me and in the last couple of episodes I've even thought to myself: "Wow, he is HOT!". Tate is definitely one of my favorite things about the show.

cawylie

[6]Nov 19, 2011
    • level: 5

I'm an old hetero male and secure in my manhood enough to say that if I was a young woman, I would definitely swoon over him!

HeadlinesRCrazy

[7]Nov 20, 2011
    • level: 3

I have to admit, I'm developing a bit of a guilty crush. He's adorable to look at. There has never been any doubt about that. But, at first, I thought he was adorable in a sort of 'be careful, he bites' sort of way. But nothing makes us suckers for romance like a good Shakespeare comparison. I know Violet and Tate have been compared to Romeo and Juliet, but to me, they're more Hamlet and Ophelia. He's so bothered by his mother and what happened with her and she's so bothered by her father and what's happened with him that you know from the get go that it can't end well. For me, the Tate crush is the result of re-watching all of the episodes and realizing how sad his story really is. At one point, he tells Violet that high school is just "a blip in your timeline" and to not "get stuck there." And that's exactly what has happened to him. It's very sad in a sort of modern day Shakespearean sort of way. He very well may be one of the most tragic characters I've ever encountered on television.

sleepflower

[8]Nov 25, 2011
    • level: 2

Evan Peters is the only reason I started watching, Tate is what made me stay. I was so in love with him, especially in "Piggy Piggy", the bathtub scene, it reminded me of someone.... Anyway, we know he's done a lot of killing, but I think there is still some good in him. I read an interview with Evan that makes me think we'll get a better understanding of why he is the way he is. He's still my favorite character in the show, even though after the "Rubber Man" episode, people seem to dislike him. I'm hoping he was posessed by the house, even if he wasn't, I have a soft spot for guys who are deep, sensitive, and troubled.