American Horror Story Forums

Wednesday 10:00 PM on FXIn Season

Official Discussion Thread: Afterbirth (possible spoilers)

Gislef

[1]Dec 18, 2011
    • level: 102
    Please direct all general and specific discussion of the 12/21/11 season finale, "Afterbirth", to this thread.

Enjoy!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

christabel81

[2]Dec 21, 2011
    • level: 3
    cznt wait....

mattgus

[3]Dec 21, 2011
    • level: 14
    they need to be very careful now...it looks like this show could be about a different story every week???? so much happened this 1st year...what now///unless they have already decided,it could be difficult at best to keep up the pace...but i have faith that next season will be even better??? and tate i think may be the most interesting person in the house...i don't think he is a sociopath. but you can never know for sure how things will change with stories like this. looking forward to more! has to be one of the largest ans-ambles on tv...and ofcourse there is the baby...... and several shows have skipped ahead yrs without probs... there are unsolved issues with the last stories...the maid and following Constance bidding etc... and then there's the BABY....oh---- and now i see they have already skipped ahead...more than an hr long oops thought it was over. .oh brother he really is tates kid

mattgus

[4]Dec 21, 2011
    • level: 14
    that will teach me to start typing b/4 it is over...sorry...jeez...now i really can't wait...

HeadlinesRCrazy

[5]Dec 21, 2011

Pretty much feeling like that was an hour of my life I'll never get back. What a terrible way to finish. American Horror Story was good, almost ingenious, for the first several episodes. But it has pretty much been spiraling since the Rubber Man episode. The Harmons decorating a Christmas tree?!? Please excuse me while I throw up a little in my mouth. Seriously, they could be the most irritating ghost family to ever haunt a house anywhere...like a suburban reject Addams family or something...and I thought this show was smart in the beginning...Instead, it's just proved to be one more show that's all bark and no bite.

christabel81

[6]Dec 22, 2011
    if they can flash fwd they can certainly flashback, not too concern about the "3 yrs later"

but WOW... it is really good... and the little 3yr old boy that enjoy killing already...

i really love Tate & Violet together... and really sympathy towards Tate... but, raping Vivien is really overboard...i know they will never be together...

JoshSutton

[7]Dec 22, 2011
    • level: 15
    I wont be watching next season.

blackmage8472

[8]Dec 22, 2011

Most of the episode felt more like an epilogue. Even with that ending the series had a feeling of finality almost begs the question "Now what."

BLinus4815

[9]Dec 22, 2011
    • level: 8

not understanding the low episode score. the scene with Tate's son smiling, covered in blood was chilling.

Faithin1

[10]Dec 23, 2011
    • level: 10

mattgus wrote:
    they need to be very careful now...it looks like this show could be about a different story every week???? so much happened this 1st year...what now///unless they have already decided,it could be difficult at best to keep up the pace...but i have faith that next season will be even better??? and tate i think may be the most interesting person in the house...i don't think he is a sociopath. but you can never know for sure how things will change with stories like this. looking forward to more! has to be one of the largest ans-ambles on tv...and ofcourse there is the baby...... and several shows have skipped ahead yrs without probs... there are unsolved issues with the last stories...the maid and following Constance bidding etc... and then there's the BABY....oh---- and now i see they have already skipped ahead...more than an hr long oops thought it was over. .oh brother he really is tates kid

Actually, next season will be a new family, new house, new characters. I think that is what will make it great. I have a feeling that they will have the "antichrist" be a character again soon... though we might not know it!

blackmage8472

[11]Dec 23, 2011

Faithin1 wrote:

Actually, next season will be a new family, new house, new characters. I think that is what will make it great. I have a feeling that they will have the "antichrist" be a character again soon... though we might not know it!

Ok, for me that gives the finale more of a meaning. It was a complete story. Even if they don't bring back the antichrist the Harmon's story is complete. Though it would be very interesting if Jessica Lange returned next season.

mattbiale

[12]Dec 23, 2011
    • level: 7
    I thought the episode was great. It had lots of funny parts, Ben finally died (ive been waiting for them all to die since the first episode). which makes for good horror. Constance didnt die(yet) but I have a feeling the anti-christ child will kill her eventually. judging by her reaction I dont think that was the first nanny he killed. I still cant figure out if the realtor is a ghost, she must atleast know the house is haunted. Id like to see more of the Harmons and Murder House but the story is complete, more episodes dealing with them would be stale. (though Im not against after a few seasons having some sort of cross over take place where at the end of a season a "survivor" from another season moves out of there haunted house and goes to California where they just bought a new house, the camera pans up and we see it's the Murder house from season one, lol). there are lots of cool ideas they can use for the next few seasons. Maybe an apartmen building with alot of ghost neighbors, who knows.

sleepflower

[13]Dec 29, 2011
    • level: 2

Anyone else notice that Tate's son's name is Michael? Which is also the name of the Archangel that Leah told Violet about. I know this is probably irrelevant seeing as it will be a new location, and new cast, with some of these characters brought back. Thought it was a weird little coincidence.

Falchuk hinted around that there are clues to next season in the episode "Birth". I'll have to watch it again, I probably won't pick anything significant out. I will watch next season, because even though I'm a Violet/Tate fan, I'm still interested in what else will be done.

My favorite scene was when Tate was trying to stab Gabe and Tate said something like "Could you not look at me?"

mariana064

[14]Dec 30, 2011
    • level: 6

sleepflower wrote:

My favorite scene was when Tate was trying to stab Gabe and Tate said something like "Could you not look at me?"

I love Tate!! My heart went out to him for all his troubled youth when he said that. It just goes to show he is not that bad.

jdub5510

[15]Dec 31, 2011
    • level: 1

Does anyone have an explanation of my Moira, the maid has aged as a ghost but appears to all the men as a young, beautiful woman? Didnt she die as a young woman??

cawylie

[16]Jan 15, 2012
    • level: 5

jdub5510 wrote:

Does anyone have an explanation of my Moira, the maid has aged as a ghost but appears to all the men as a young, beautiful woman? Didnt she die as a young woman??

She was a young woman who had an old soul, which led her to be "promiscuous" and get killed at a young age. Hence, the difference between what women see and men see of her when viewed.

And as for MY critique of the episode, I've seen it three times. LOVED the first viewing as a nice little wrap up of the season, liked the second viewing as I saw it as a basic retelling of the season - the Ramos family were the Harmons. Meh'ed and yawned on the third viewing. The Birth episode was a better finale for me. I wonder what they "cut" from Afterbirth to get it in on time, and would it have made the finale better for me? I would've rather have seen the Birth episode as the finale, the Afterbirth be the season 2 opener, then episode 2 of Season 2 be a whole new world for us. We would've been pissed off about it then, but I'm betting Season 2 will fail in comparison to 1 if they don't cast it as well.