American Horror Story Forums

Wednesday 10:00 PM on FXBetween Seasons

This Will Be Cancelled Soon...!

cawylie

[21]Oct 11, 2011
    • level: 5

SweetMissJaye wrote:

msales wrote:

On the subject of American Horror Story I couldn't see anything wrong with the acting and that's generally something I'm picky about. As for the longevity of the show, successful or not I can't see it running for that long simply due to the nature of the story. If they're living there too long without moving out, getting killing or going insane then the characters cease to be believable.

I totally agree with you. I am really looking forward to seeing if the second episode will be better than the first but they will have to figure out something else for the family to do. Although the season won't be very long, I think many people will lose interest if we just see these people get haunted every week.

What was the first thing we saw in the show? The house in 1978. The house is the principal character and we'll see more about it than our "family." More about its previous occupants and those who are trying to protect/destroy it. I'm thinking of the scene in the preview where they say "You get the shovel, I'll get the bleach." I'm more interested in the horrors of the house than the dysfunction of the family.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

SweetMissJaye

[22]Oct 12, 2011
    • level: 21

cawylie wrote:

What was the first thing we saw in the show? The house in 1978. The house is the principal character and we'll see more about it than our "family." More about its previous occupants and those who are trying to protect/destroy it. I'm thinking of the scene in the preview where they say "You get the shovel, I'll get the bleach." I'm more interested in the horrors of the house than the dysfunction of the family.

I'm all for them killing off the family or making them move out, if that's what's going to keep the stories fresh in the long run. But a story about family after family moving into this house doesn't seem like it could last very long either.

sibowittz

[23]Oct 12, 2011
    • level: 17
    Trident wrote:

sibowittz wrote:
    It'll last. Stop hating!

It won't. Stop kissing the show's ass and telling people what opinions to have.

Slow your roll, dude. No one was tell anyone they should love it. I was simply saying, not to go on message boards of shows you don't like, bitching about them. Just leave. Duh. So once again...STOP HATING.

Lollipopfop

[24]Oct 12, 2011
    • level: 7

The acting was AMAZING. I felt like I knew every person they introduced, but still couldn't guess what they will do next. Its prety unpredictable, because I don't know what will happen next. I don't even know if the spirits are all on one side, or not. I don't know if tate is a ghost or somehow able to channel one. i can't wait to find out if Ben or the creature fathered the child. It should be obvious soon enough. I am not even sure they are ghosts. So it left one with plenty of questions, but didn't rush. Excellent. Besides in the first season ALL shows have some idiot guessing they might get cancelled. Its a fact.

cawylie

[26]Oct 12, 2011

SweetMissJaye wrote:

I'm all for them killing off the family or making them move out, if that's what's going to keep the stories fresh in the long run. But a story about family after family moving into this house doesn't seem like it could last very long either.

Most people on other sites are looking online for all things about the house, including the site where you can click on different things in the house. Once this catches on, I predict the show taking time to develop those things. I, for one, wouldn't mind a break from the current family to show more backstory on the house. I could've also handled this in the reverse way - with the Harmons moving into this bizarre house at season's end - making us wonder what's gonna happen to them, rather than wonder what's happening within their family, this soon. I also agree too many families are like chefs ruining the p(l)ot.

mazzafacker

[27]Oct 12, 2011
    • level: 11

buddy, how can you say that after one episode!!! give the show a chance!!! i sat thru Game of Thrones, in which i thought during the first 4 episodes, how the hell can this show go on, now i cant wait for the 2nd season???? hell everybody complained about the season 6 premiere of Dexter, only to be blown away from this past sundays episode!!!! you can never tell anything about a show until you see the first half a season!!! they are not goin to just come right out and give you all the horror you want in 42 mins!!! its a TV show not a movie!!!!!

mazzafacker

[28]Oct 12, 2011
    • level: 11

also, most TV shows are now goin with a 13 episode season now to cut all the bullcrap secondary stories!!! found it saves money when these high paid actors want more money!!!

mlauzon

[29]Oct 12, 2011
    • level: 8
    mazzafacker wrote:

buddy, how can you say that after one episode!!! give the show a chance!!! i sat thru Game of Thrones, in which i thought during the first 4 episodes, how the hell can this show go on, now i cant wait for the 2nd season???? hell everybody complained about the season 6 premiere of Dexter, only to be blown away from this past sundays episode!!!! you can never tell anything about a show until you see the first half a season!!! they are not goin to just come right out and give you all the horror you want in 42 mins!!! its a TV show not a movie!!!!!

I wouldn't know about Dexter, I've never watched an episode in my life!

wolfwing

[31]Oct 13, 2011
    • level: 6

The Show is interesting, but not sure how you get a full season or series out of it. Unless things continue to heat up...though only 13 episodes so have to see.

mlauzon

[32]Oct 13, 2011
    You want a good show, track down "The Fades", so much better than "American Horror Story".

no1thinker

[33]Oct 30, 2011
    • level: 19
    I just checked for ratings for it. It seems like the ratings are improving. You can check here:
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/10/27/american-horror-story-hits-series-high-ratings-in-episode-4/108789/

It doesn't want to go clickable...

knucklepunt

[34]Nov 5, 2011
    • level: 4

I actually just went back and re-watched the first five episodes to sort out some missing pieces and didn't find a shred of bad acting, or timing for that matter. Plus, the show is extremely well executed and the story is compelling. There's really no end to a story with this many characters spanning so many years. And they can start off each new season with a new family to haunt if they so choose to keep things from going stale.

Sure, if you're not into ghost stories this series probably won't hold your interest. But that has nothing to do with the talent of the actors or the effectiveness of the direction. For everyone else, what's not to like?

Saiyans91

[35]Nov 10, 2011

Lol the OP must be feeling a bit silly now to make that call considering AHS has been renewed for a 2nd season and I feel it could go on for a couple more after that. Loving this show so far!

methadvocate

[36]Nov 10, 2011
    • level: 10
    Saiyans91 wrote:

Lol the OP must be feeling a bit silly now to make that call considering AHS has been renewed for a 2nd season and I feel it could go on for a couple more after that. Loving this show so far!

Ha ha! I totally agree. I hope he feels as idiotic as his remarks

vampsgotsoul

[37]Nov 11, 2011
    • level: 2

Don't know where u got ur info..BUT, AHS has already been picked up for another season. Great news! The show is awesome and the actors are fantastic.

BLacqWyng

[38]Nov 12, 2011
    • level: 12
    Actually, it has been renewed for season two. I guess you won't be watching it no more, since you seem to hate the show. I, myself, am enjoying it, so I'm happy it got renewed.

cawylie

[39]Nov 17, 2011
    Technically the OP can still be correct. The best show ever made (Twin Peaks) lasted only two seasons. Too bad the OP ISN'T correct.

dopeyken

[40]Nov 24, 2011
    • level: 2

We're only up to episode 3 here in the UK, but this series ROCKS!

Creepy and original, full of surprises, top acting, all our family love it.

Great news about a second series, may it go on indefinitely.