American Horror Story Forums

Wednesday 10:00 PM on FXBetween Seasons

Unanswered Questions

WebSorve

[1]Jan 15, 2012
    • level: 6

After recently watching the Season One Finale, I'm left with a few unanswered questions and would like to read your input on these. So here goes:

1. Why was Moira the only ghost that aged after being murdered in that house? She said "people only see what they want to see", but that doesn't explain the aging at all, does it?

2. The main reason why spirits linger in Murder House appears to have something to do with the land, not the actual house. This is implicit in the scene were Constance tries to drag Addie onto the lawn before she passes away. Why is it, then, that Moira believes she will be free once someone finds her remains? The corpses of Vivien and Ben were most likely found and removed from the house, but their spirits still linger there. How come that is?

3. Is Michael truly the Anti-Christ, or is he just naturally mean? Billie Jean was wrong about the "Croatoan" curse, so perhaps she's wrong about that too.

4. Leah said that she believes the Devil lives in that house. Pehaps she was referring to Tate... or could she be referring to Thaddeus? For all we know, Thaddeus may not be a ghost at all, given the obvious aging signs (wrinkles, white hair, etc.). Then again, he does seem to respond to the "go away" command, so he really could be.

5. Throughout the show, we are led to believe that everyone has regrets about something they did, regardless of wether they're alive or dead. Could it be that they were all destined to die in that house as atonement for their sins? If so, why are they forced to remain there?

Edited on 01/15/2012 12:11pm
    Edited 3 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

mariana064

[2]Jan 15, 2012
    • level: 6
    WebSorve wrote:

After recently watching the SeasonOne Finale, I'm left with a few unanswered questions and would like to read your input on these. So here goes:

1. Why was Moira the only ghost that aged after being murdered in that house? She said "people only see what they want to see", but that doesn't explain the aging at all, does it?

2. The main reason why spirits linger in Murder House appears to have something to do with the land, not the actual house. This is implicit in the scene were Constance tries to drag Addieto the lawn before she passes. Why is it, then, that Moira believes she will be freeonce someonefindsher remains? The corpses of Vivien and Ben were most likely found andremoved from the house, but their spirits still linger there. How come that is?

3. Is Michael truly the Anti-Christ, or is hejust naturally mean? Billie Jean was wrongabout the "Croatoan" curse, so perhaps she's wrong about that too.

4.Leah said thatshe believes the Devil lives in the house. Pehaps she was referring to Tate... orcould shebe referring toThaddeus? For all we know, Thaddeus may not be a ghost at all, giventhe obviousaging signs(wrinkles,white hair, etc.). Then again,heseems torespond to the "go away" command, so he reallycould be.

5. Throughout the show, we are led to believe that everyonehas regrets about somethingthey did,regardless of wether they're alive or dead. Could it be thatthey were all destined todie in that house as atonement for their sins? If so, why are they forced to remain there?

1.- She didn't age, her soul was already old when she died, even if her body was not.

2.- I think Moira just wanted people to know that she didn't run away with Constance's husband (official version of the sotry after they couldn't fnd the bodies). Remember her familiy is probably still alve. Her mother was alive until Halloween when Moira desconnected her. I don't think it has to do with escaping the power of the house at all..

3.- I think Ryan Murphy's idea was to leave it unanswered. He is clearly a psycopath like his father but that is probably it.

4.- Thaddeus was alive when he killed the twins in the 1970s (you can tell because he had to eat rats and ghosts don't eat) so he aged from the 1920s to the 1970s. In the present, he is clearly dead. The house was already evil before Tate was born, but maybe the lot (because the house didn't exist) was already evil before Thaddeus. If not, then he and his father definitely started the blackness that everyone keeps mentioning.

5.- I'm not sure everyone regrets things.. there are plenty of innocent children in the house. But maybe you are right.

RockxySaint

[3]Dec 15, 2012
    • level: 2
    Maybe neither the house or land were cursed.

If I'm not forgetting something, everyone there died in a traumatic way...
    You know the theory that ghosts linger if they die traumatically. So maybe the house, really is 'evil' through a buildup of traumatic deaths which leave many souls to linger and draws a darkness to its self?

Just a thought.