American Horror Story Forums

Wednesday 10:00 PM on FXIn Season

Who is the guy in the black suit???

vampsgotsoul

[1]Nov 11, 2011
    • level: 2

I am confused about the "rubber man" in black. Once Tate was wearing the costume but the rubber man was around way before tate was born. Anyway, can anyone explain who "IT" is? and what IT is? I love the show. Thanks

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

christabel81

[2]Nov 13, 2011
    • level: 3
    and the rubber man had sex with the main character & she became pregnant not with the husband ... nut with the rubber man

then... the rubber man killed the gay couples....

i wish i know what it is

mattbiale

[3]Nov 14, 2011
    • level: 7
    we find out the identity of Rubberman on November 23 (supposedly)

MsAnalytical

[4]Nov 16, 2011

At this point I think it is Constance's husband.

There was a quote that gave me the idea:

"Are we going to see Constance's husband again, since he died in the house?
    He does come back, and is having an unexpected affair with somebody in the house. Even in death. He's a cheatin' ghost.

MsAnalytical

[5]Nov 16, 2011

BUT I also have another theory involving the husband and the double Moiras. I still think the doubling is not just perception because her actions are different... This show is messing with my head!

Gera777

[6]Nov 17, 2011
    • level: 9

Next episode is called "Rubber Man". So we'll find out who he is and what it is. I really believe that it will be a new character.

All we can say that he lived after doctor Frankenstein and before Zachary Quinto and his gay friend. So it definitely not Tate!

Faithin1

[7]Nov 17, 2011
    • level: 10
    MsAnalytical wrote:

BUT I also have another theory involving the husband and the double Moiras. I still think the doubling is not just perception because her actions are different... This show is messing with my head!

It could still be all him, because her clothes and actions could be his perceptions of who she was, and the wife sees truth. His actions have proven him to be a cheating man whore.

MsAnalytical

[8]Nov 21, 2011

Cheating man whore...love it!

HeadlinesRCrazy

[9]Nov 22, 2011

Someone posted in another forum that the show's creators mentioned in an interview that the Rubber Man is not anyone we've seen in the suit so far, which would exclude Tate. I have not read said interview. I'm just passing on the info. I've actually been chewing on a theory for awhile that Rubber Man is actually Rubber Men, that it's a sort "motif" of the house rather than an actual person and different people take on the Rubber Man persona as a result of their mental state at the time. I'm not sure, though...That could just be me "over theorizing." I am curious why Rubber Man appeared behind Violet in the Halloween Part 1 episode when Larry was at the door but did not harm her, especially when we see him commit such a violent act at the beginning of the episode. Was he there to defend Violet against Larry or was he actually going to harm her and Larry inadvertently saved her by showing up? Earlier in that same episode, we actually see Tate in the suit and Violet is essentially "saved" from the house that night by Tate throwing stones at her window and telling her it's time to go on their date. It would seem that Rubber Man has some sort of connection to Tate, which would make the theory that Rubber Man is Constance's husband make sense. However, what I'm most struggling with regarding that theory is that we saw Constance murder her husband and wasn't wearing S&M garb. Although, as others have pointed out, some ghosts in the house, like Tate, change clothes frequently. I don't know. Very confusing. Gosh, I wish Wednesday would get here...

MsAnalytical

[10]Nov 22, 2011

And he did die in the '80's the era of decadence. Just sayin' it would fit his personality. Which probably means it wasn't him! And, we still have one more of Constance's children to uncover, correct?

HeadlinesRCrazy

[11]Nov 22, 2011

I'm COMPLETELY confused about how many of Constance's children we've met. I've always assumed it was Addie outside the house in the first scene of the pilot. But if you go to the official website, click on the "You'll Die in that House" section and enter the house, you get a glimpse of Addie walking while holding the hand of the little girl who is outside the house in the opening episode. I'm confused as to whether this is supposed to be two different sides to Addie--as in a girl and a woman--or if the little girl we see in the opening scene of the show is the fourth child.

MsAnalytical

[12]Nov 22, 2011

They also show the two Moiras so I think it is just showing both sets of actresses who play dual parts.

vampsgotsoul

[13]Nov 23, 2011
    • level: 2
    RIGHT?? It's messing with my head too...BUT....Ain't it fun?

anphilomin78

[14]Nov 23, 2011
    • level: 1
    i like the historical flashbacks of a different killing at the beginning of each episode. I especially liked the episode when Tate went all Columbine on the High School students. It's something that hits true to reality. But the writers should elaborate - What made him snap? Did he hear voices, see things? WHAT!?!?! I need to know!!

SweetMissJaye

[15]Nov 23, 2011
    • level: 21

MsAnalytical wrote:

I once thought there were two Moiras also but then I dismissed that idea. If Moira's in the room with Ben and Vivien having aconversation, they show her from Ben's point of view looking young and sexy, and from Vivien's point of view, looking old and frumpy. Plus, the young Moira gave the Armenian guy "special treatment" in Violet's room but we see the old Moira walking out of the room with him while she's wiping her mouth. This show makes me question every single aspect, every single thing I see

SweetMissJaye

[16]Nov 23, 2011

anphilomin78 wrote:
    i like the historical flashbacks of a different killing at the beginning of each episode. I especially liked the episode when Tate went all Columbine on the High School students. It's something that hits true to reality. But the writers should elaborate - What made him snap? Did he hear voices, see things? WHAT!?!?! I need to know!!

Constance said she blames the house for what Tate did. It wouldn't be so surprising. The house is very powerful and seems to have an effect on everyone. Like you, I'd still like a chance to see the entire scenario play out.

MsAnalytical

[17]Nov 23, 2011

SweetMissJaye wrote:

MsAnalytical wrote:

I once thought there were two Moiras also but then I dismissed that idea. If Moira's in the room with Ben and Vivien having aconversation, they show her from Ben's point of view looking young and sexy, and from Vivien's point of view, looking old and frumpy. Plus, the young Moira gave the Armenian guy "special treatment" in Violet's room but we see the old Moira walking out of the room with him while she's wiping her mouth. This show makes me question every single aspect, every single thing I see

I agree with you after re-watching the episodes. Someone on either a thread or a website mentioned that she is sexy to men because she is trying to seduce one of them into digging up her body so that she can be buried elsewhere and freed. To remain in the house she would need to look different for the wives because, let's face it, not many wives would let a maid like that in their house!

SweetMissJaye

[18]Nov 23, 2011

MsAnalytical wrote:

SweetMissJaye wrote:

MsAnalytical wrote:

I agree with you after re-watching the episodes. Someone on either a thread or a website mentioned that she is sexy to men because she is trying to seduce one of them into digging up her body so that she can be buried elsewhere and freed. To remain in the house she would need to look different for the wives because, let's face it, not many wives would let a maid like that in their house!

I sure as hell wouldn't

MsAnalytical

[19]Nov 23, 2011

[QUOTE="SweetMissJaye"]

[QUOTE="MsAnalytical"]

SweetMissJaye wrote:

MsAnalytical wrote:

I sure as hell wouldn't

I would put her butt to the curb and slap my husband just for good measure. LOL. Not really but kinda

MsAnalytical

[20]Nov 23, 2011

HeadlinesRCrazy wrote:

Someone posted in another forum that the show's creators mentioned in an interview that the Rubber Man is not anyone we've seen in the suit so far, which would exclude Tate. I have not read said interview. I'm just passing on the info. I've actually been chewing on a theory for awhile that Rubber Man is actually Rubber Men, that it's a sort "motif" of the house rather than an actual person and different people take on the Rubber Man persona as a result of their mental state at the time. I'm not sure, though...That could just be me "over theorizing."

I agree with this more strongly after the Rubber Man episode. I think the Rubber Man that had sex with Vivien was probably the ghost from the interactive house on the website that killed the 80's couple. Maybe.