American Horror Story

Wednesday 10:00 PM on FX Premiered Oct 05, 2011 In Season

Gislef

American Horror Story Fan Reviews (102)

• American Horror Story Continues to be Creepy

I absolutely love Season 4! It reminds me of the early 1900's MGM movie "Freaks". I could do without some of their musical numbers, but otherwise, so far, so good! It's creepy, scary, intriguing, and keeps me coming back for more!! Keep them coming American Horror Story!!!!!

• American Vaudeville Story

While Mrs Lange is amazing (where have you been all this this new season doesnt look like horror at all. Apart from the Clown who's maybe disturbing for my cat, the rest of the stories are just sad and easy clichees. No horror in being physically deformed. As far as Im concerned, they picked the wrong subject. Carnivale did a brilliant 2 seasons on carny people, I wonder why that was cancelled.

If the writers wanted to dig into the American psyche for horror, they should have looked elsewhere: cults, (family) abuse, wrong imprisonments, just to name a few.

I liked the other seasons, this one is: booo!
  • Watch American Horror Story Season 4 Episode 2 "Massacres and Matinees" Online Free

• Joined the Freak Show.

AHS has by far been the best series I've watched. Since the first episode of 'Murder House' I've been hooked. Although at first you're terrified to death as the scenes are so vivid and gory and you just can't help but keep the light on. Even the intro of each season gives you goosebumps and the music thrills you. At first I was a bit disappointed with the fact that each season has a complety different story line, but you get used it and you learn to appreciate the fine acting, costumes, suspense and frights. Another plus to the series is that the guest stars are people like Adam Levine which is always a thumbs up.

I am not one for horrors but this series is amazing.

Murder House was terrifying yet intriguing; Asylum was gross but fascinating and Coven was a breath of fresh air as it was not so gruesome.

The actors have definitely played their rolls well and the producers have done a really brilliant job.

So excited to watch 'Freak Show'.
  • It's a FREAKing good SHOW

It's a piece of art!

Good like an old fashioned psychological horror movie and yet, so fresh!

I'm left speechless by the premiere and this doesn't happen often to me!

• amazing!

I am a fan of horror shows and I like how these series has a different theme for each season although with mostly the same main cast. Personally I liked Coven best, can't wait for Season 4!
  • Meh!!!!!!!!!!

This show is like watching an endless late night TV B-movie with low budget production. How can you people enjoy watching this when there are hundreds of creepy thrillers and horror movies in existence that make this show look like a joke!? And that whole love story between the blond boy and the girl (Taissa Farmiga) is so BS. She barely met him at a party for a few minutes and now she wants to resurrect him, and goes to his house to talk to his mom? Jesus SHE DOESN'T EVEN KNOW HIM!! They talked for a minute at a fricking scene with the obese girl (who is part of the main cast) pleasuring herself for the minotaur was an eyesore and disgusting! An 8.6 rating for this mess? Please.

HOW MANY "TEN"???????????????????????????????????????????????????????
  • Top Shows - Horror on TV :D

1st season again, 2nd season (11-12, 14) FX, LIBRARY DVD
  • Keep them coming

Jessica Lange is so amazing in capturing every character she has played. She is like the mother of the whole crew, she makes this show. All the guys do a great job. I love how you use the same people, i hate movies when they change the characters. Cant wait until season 4. Season 3 was our favorite along with season 1.. Each episode kept us wanting more. Please keep them coming.
  • I'm in a middle of Season 3

So far so good tho I prefer the settings of AHS Asylum which was quite uniqe TV show, even better then overall very good first season. Jessica Lange is amazing as always and the storyline is intriguing tho a bit lighter. I will give my final thought after I finish the whole season. I recommend American Horror Story, perfect choice for horror fans but also for everyone else who enjoy good writing, a bit of mystery mixed with some shocking moments.
  • All bitch, not enough witch.

Dull as dishwater compared to the first two seasons.
  • Season 4

I think next season will be devoted to science fiction of 1950

1950 Golden Age of science fiction

Such as a time machine, aliens, robots, experiments on human beings.

Probably ideas can be taken from the works of authors such as

Robert A. Heinlein (te puppet Masters) - clue in 11 series season 3?

John Campbell (The thing)

John Wyndham (The day of te triffids)

Ray Bradbury (a Sound Of Thunder)

What do you think?
  • Best Season Yet

I totally disagree with 'tschwartz'. Season 1 was dark and Season 2 was even darker. Season 3 was truly a breath of fresh air from the staleness of the past. I absolutely loved Season 3 and am only sorry sweet Misty didnt survive the trip. Stevie Nicks was an enormous bonus with Fleetwoods music and main theme (original) running through the series.

It is a very very rare thing to compliment a later season over its predecessors but this one takes the cake. Simply wonderful and ended triumphantly that few may have guessed. Kudos to the writers/creators you have done a wonderful job as well as all the performers. The Coven in my book goes down as one of the best in TV Series. I only hope that the future series will live up to what was Season 3.
  • Love this show

add me on facebook if you are a fan,my name is Andoria C King
  • American Error story!

First season was very unique and special! then second season came with more interesting characters and real horror stories, but third season is missing something, it's good, but may be if it didn't come after two strong seasons.

Jessica Lange is amazing as she was in the other two seasons but the whole story in the third season is not catching me as the last two ones.

Hopefully season four comes with shocking story.

I gave it 7.5
  • Ranks 2nd Best(In my Opinion) Bravo!!!

Although I loved Season 1, and wasn't too fond of Season 2!!! This season blew me away!!! All of the actors and actresses are phenomenal and I get the concept of Season 3!!! I say keep up the good work and can't wait to see this season on Netflix like the rest of the seasons!!! ;) I am one happy viewer
  • American "Drama" Story

Season one and two of American Horror Story were phenomenal and captured my absolute adoration. There was deception, blood, gore, everything you can ask for in a television show ,but then came season three. I was anticipating season three to be something I would've never expected, but I got a smack in the face when the drama amongst witches became the horror of the story. The season has increasingly developed into a better story over the course of the season ,but there is a lot of drama and not enough substance. I admire every single character in the story ,but I believe Evan Peters should have more a part in the storyline this season. The season has still been good, but not good enough. However I'm still looking forward to see how the rest of the season plays out.
  • American Horror Story

• Wat the F!

Why do they keep staggering the air dates of AHS? Now we have to wait til after xmas to see the next episode. This type of crap really annoys me about US television. are there too many charlie brown christmas specials to air? or maybe its that the adverts will now be running 24/7 until xmas is over and the shopping holiday is done.
  • Watch Season 2 and only Season 2

Season 2 was awesome, creepy, scary, violent, twisted, and more than a little weird. Perfect balance in a horror show, the story changes completely every season and i can only recommend season 2 as season 1 is flat out stupid "if a ghost can get her pregnant, you must aquit!" and season 3 misses out everything but violence and weirdness, i will be tuning in next season, the best part is that the show changes every time and its 1/3 so far, lets hope that they drop some of the writers and clean up the act for a good season next year. Till then!
  • The Searching of the Wretched Soul In Order to Wring Out a Little Creativity

In reading some of the comments, I am disturbed (ha, ha really disturbed) that viewers are looking for cohesiveness in their insanity. A horror is story is just that - a story. I really enjoy the new acting talent, and I am in awe of the veterans that this production offers. To me, this type of entertainment is well served by the contiguous stretching of our imaginations. The trick (or treat) is simply to go along with the flow. Enjoy the show - I am.
  • Excellent Show

Great writing always entertaining:)
  • I don't understand.

1.5
    Everyone around me is seeing something in this show that I can't. I'll admit that the first and second episode of the first season were passable after the first viewing, but it all went downhill from there. Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk simply cannot write. I try to overlook all of the stupid, subtly over the top lines but it's impossible. There are just too many haha. Even if I could, they break one of the most important rules in writing television and movie: show, don't tell. Within the first few minutes of the season three premiere, Taissa Farmiga's character, Zoe, says "So, apparently I'm a . Aside from that, the acting is sometimes melodramatic and terrible, yet the actors are ones that I normally enjoy: at least to some of them. The storyline like the show in general is disorganized. Pointless, unnecessary things tended to be piled on and on until I just stopped caring. Sorry to be so harsh. No judgement, watch away ;] I just don't understand.
  • Season 3: So awfully boring

I liked season 1 a lot and season 2 was just great and so much better... but season 3??? I think I will stop watching. It is so borning and it seems like they really don't know the direction they want to be going to. It is a mix of so many tv shows and nothing innovative or new. I love the actors though and Jessica Lange is still my favorite. But I can't really say that season 3 is interesting - I can't even watch an episode through not doing something else alongside
  • Am I seeing Charmed?

This season doesnt seems to be as good as season two, neither seems to be made by the same crew. Production seems headed for a much less demanding viewer. Jessica Lange the better by far... (sorry about my english)
  • So far not so bad...

I absolutely loved season one. I thought season two was going even better ... until they brought aliens into the mix ... SO DISAPPOINTING. Season three, so far, doesn't seem to be going so bad. There are a couple of things that don't quite seem to fit and I feel like every week they introduce a really important new element for the plot but the next week they forget all about it, which is not great for continuity purposes. All in all, it's not that bad; I just really hope they don't mess it up with some idiotic new idea like they did with season two.
  • The mother of modern horror

Just registered to contribute on this stunning horror show. I have to admit, without Jessica Lange playing a main character, the show would probably only be half as good. She represents this dark and powerful role. The writing is superb. Personally I enjoyed season 2 the most. Season three has some confusing elements in it, but due to the fact that I`m a huge fan I kind of ignore them. Things happen too fast, but maybe that`s what makes the show so special.
  • Great show for REAL Horror fans!

If you want the good old fashioned creeps from a updated telling of a classic American tale of the dark and twisted supernatural, then this show is for you. Season 1 was a the classic haunted house story & Season 3 is doing a great job of telling the Salem Witch gone NOLA story. Season 3, for all it's good intentions, at best and could've been superb if they didn't get distracted and through everything and the kitchen sink at you in their screen play (if you have ADD or are a scatter brain type you'll probably enjoy it . But so far the show as a whole rocks, super enjoying this season and excited to see the future story lines chosen for the next seasons!
  • I'm done

The show has been on a study decline since season one, season two was ok but season 3 what a disaster!!
  • Anger and Hatred Run Amok

But then, with a character based on serial killer and sadist, LaLaurie, what more could be expected? And the gang rape sequence did little to nothing to profile the Madision character. Had to search for any redeeming qualities in this show. The great talents of Lange and Bates just seem wasted.
FX