American Horror Story

The Name Game

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Jan 02, 2013 on FX

• BOOOO

Sister Mary Eunice cannot die! :(:(

The show will suck monkey balls without her.

She needs to come back SOMEHOW. Aliens resurrect her. The Devil brings her back.

ANYTHING.

It's only because the little song and dance number in the episode was so fantastic that I'm increasing my rating from 4.5 to 6.
  • Excellent Episode

What a completely surprising episode! Lange can sing:) I don't want to give spoilers (stop reading comments before watching the show~lol) but I can't believe the ending. I thought there was going to be some necrophilia (yuck) or demonic transfer but I was completely shocked at what happened.

Season 2 has been awesome~much better then Season 1 (but I love both seasons). How can you beat angels, demons/satan, nazis, aliens, serial killers, and so much more all in this season....

The hallucinated song and dance were spectacular and I am not even a glee fan~how wonderfully random

Enjoy the show
  • The Name Game

The Name Game what's a perfect in very entertaining episode of American Horror Story. I really enjoyed watching because there was a lot of character development and plot progression. it was fun to watch how the story unfolded and I like the drama intrigue and action. watching Jessica Lange in "The Name Game" scene was amazing and hilarious! I like how everything played out and I look forward to watching what happens in the next episode!!!!!!!!!
  • Don't do it again.

Why? It made absolutely no sense, completely took me out of the story. I wanted to watch AHS, not Glee!!! Don't do it again.
  • #210 'The Name Game'

Another great episode. The writers had a few excellent twists and turns in store for us for the first episode of 2013. It was only to be expected but we got even more than what we bargained for.

Sister Mary Eunice (ehm, actually that Satan inside her) is spinning out of control and she does everything she can to make Jude's stay as a patient at Briarcliff as bad as possible. But that is apparently not enough for her. After raping (!!!) poor Monsignor Timothy who survived being assaulted and crucified by Mr. Emerson Killer Santa at the end of the last episode. He returned to the asylum to fight the Devil and free Mary Eunice's soul and he succeeded. She is finally dead (not gonna go into details, you need to watch this priceless and totally unexpected scene) and Dr. Arden decides to perform a cremation of her body. After abruptly ending his experiment (he shot all his creatures in the woods) and Mary Eunice's death he has nothing to loose and commits a suicide (another unexpected twist).

Dr. Thredson surprisingly delivers Grace's baby (with Pepper's assistance) and shows it to shocked Kit. Meanwhile Lana saves a tape with his confession and threatens to use it if he ever hurts Kit or another patient at the facility (he was hired to work there full time). Jude tells Mother Superior that she's getting married to Monsignor, they're leaving to Rome together, he loves her cooking and killed Mary Eunice because she defiled him and tried to steal him away from her. I know, not the best things to say when you're a psychiatric patient. She also told her to help Lana Winters get out of the Briarcliff because she does not belong in there. But I think she was still weak and a little bit confused after those electroshocks they gave her even though she was telling the truth.

Oh and did I mention that cute little 'Glee' moment with Jessica Lange singing 'The Name Game' and dancing with the rest of the patients? That was certainly not expected. [9.5/10]
  • When I thought this show has no more space for greatness, it proved to be a genius

SPEECHLESS. After Grey's Anatomy's and everyone else's failure to provide a good musical number this is beyond a breath of fresh air. It's good they didn't do a full-blown 1-hr musical episode. When I thought this season have given us the best of everything they could offer, they prove me wrong. Every episode since episode three have surprised me in great ways (so far, 1,2 and 6 can be considered the least watchable but still better than all seasons of Grimm)
  • One of the Best episodes of any thriller,horror, or even drama shows

Just one "

That's the magical word of this amazingly plotted,written,acted,directed and even "sang"

Jessica Lang is an amazing actress, I don't want to spoiler more reliefs but the song in the middle of the episode is truly colorful and joyful through the darkness of the show.

• Good episode but glee inspired song and dance was so out of place

Enjoyed the episode but i was left with a WTF face for the whole 3 minutes of the out of blue song and dance routine O_O

For that ridiculousness, i drop the score a bit.
  • Asylum.

Another fantastic episode, i also agree more questions were raised in this episode, how are they going to finish this season with 2 or 3 episodes left. I did love Sister Jude & Kit & Lana doing the "Name Game Song", cant wait for next week. ( i think Sister Eunice & Arden will come back somehow). Just my opinion, Thumbs Up.
FX