We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

An American Idol Community
FOX (ended 2016)

American Idol has named its lucky Season 13 winner.

During Wednesday's two-hour finale, the finalists had the opportunity to sing with some of their biggest idols in a star-studded extravaganza. 

But after a night full of performances and contestant collaborations with J.Lo, KISS, Demi Lovato, John Legend, and more, was it Wild Card pick Jena or or rocker Caleb who prevailed?

The judges were torn. I wonder how close the vote was. And the winner is... 

Caleb! 

I admit that I didn't see his potential at first since he appeared to be more of a cover artist, but his ballads ultimately changed my mind. He definitely has more depth than I initially thought, and he certainly has the singing chops. 

"This is crazy," he said before taking the mic from Ryan and screaming out, "Yo, make some noise!" in tribute to his runner-up, Jena. But he didn't actually sing at first because he was too busy hugging all of his Idol pals. Eventually he rocked out with his winner's single as the confetti fell. Congrats, Caleb!

Are you happy with the results? Did the right singer win? Which of the finale's collaboration performances was your favorite?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 4/7/2016

Season 15 : Episode 23

7 Comments
Comments (7)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Such entertaining an musically diverse finale!. I really like Jena and Paramore performance.

Caleb was great on loud performances.. and Jena great when she whisper.. ying and yang.. none of them was the full package.. the good thing is that they were for sure the best 2 entertainers... so for me both Idols were talented enought and deserve to be there... i kinda like both.. so i was happy for Caleb and sad for Jena at the end.

Now i read a lot of bit***** against J-Lo.. dunno why really?.. i thought she was great! (It will be fun to see her on FIFA World Cup opening ceremony, she's a worldwide star!). The jury this year was totally FTW.

I still like Idol and i'll be w8ting 4 sure the next season.
Flag
For me, Caleb is more talented and I am glad he won. I didn't care for Alex. When the final 3 were performing and the camera was on each contestant, Caleb and Jena were smiling and holding a thumbs up, etc. But not Alex. How many times does your ear mike need adjusting?? So, I'm glad it was Jena and Caleb for the final two. What's the deal with last season's winner not giving the cars to the final two contestants? Was Candice busy that day?
Flag
Personally I preferred Jena but there's no doubt Caleb was worthy of winning, but i think from about the last 7 or 8 weeks, it was definitely a 3 horse race, either Caleb, Jena or Alex were going to win and I would've been happy with any of them winning. BUT the main thing that stuck in my head about the finale was Jennifer Lopez' weird as hell baby voice when she started singing True Colours.........I think she was trying to sound like Cyndi Lauper and failed miserably, so that kinda put me off........gave me that chalk on a blackboard feeling :oS
Flag
I thought she sounded like she had inhaled some helium. Harry didn't sound so great either, but Keith sounded great.
Flag
I stopped watching this show 3 seasons ago, it got so terrible and hard to watch cause the American audience that votes doesn't have a clue what they're doing half the time, so the proper winners never win.
Flag
I wanted Jena to win, but honestly, I also ended up loving Caleb (even if I really didn't at first) and I think all of the last 6 are potentially gonna make something real in the music industry. I certainly hope so anyway!
Flag
does it matter who wins?
Flag
Follow this Show
Members