American Idol Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on FOXIn Season

Adam Lambert

DILLIGAF7

[1]Apr 2, 2009
    • level: 4

Am I the only one who can't stand him? Every week, I hope to miss his performance and I never do.
    Instead I miss other people who are way better.

His shrill screaming and falsetto isn't good. It hurts my ears to listen to it.
    His performances are predictable as well. Loud over-the-top vocals, ending with
    a humoungus, shrill, long, high-pitched scream.
    If not that, then it's quiet falsetto.

For once I want to hear him sing without the falsetto.
    Wonder if he can...?

He is something I wouldn't want to hear on the radio or see on tv.
    I am also tired of the whole guys with "eye-liner and looking like clones" look.
    It's old now, new fad please!

I know after I finish writing this I will have a bunch of fan-girls on my case.
    I really don't care, I'm allowed to have opinions and dislike the "popular" guy
    of the compeition.

As for my American Idol, I am on the Kris wagon!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

AineMcFate

[2]Apr 2, 2009
    • level: 6
    it's fine to dislike 'popular' guys, but if it's not because of their popularity, only if it's your honest opinion. Though i'm true Adam's fan i can get it, because i can't stand Matt - he is awful, his voice hurts my ears too. I'm sure Adam will surprise us with his low voice someday))

spideynerd3

[3]Apr 2, 2009
    • level: 29

I bet you just LOVED Megan Joy and her horrid singing each week, am I right?

Adam is one of the top American Idol contestants this year, and if you have a problem with the way he sings, good for you, but have you ever actually listened to him? His version of Ring of Fire was AMAZING, and so was his performance last week... Really listen to those two, and THEN post a thread about not liking him... And I'm not trying to be rude or anything, but sometimes it just seems people don't like Adam because of his sexuality...

DILLIGAF7

[4]Apr 2, 2009
    • level: 4
    I did like Megan in the beginning, then she just stopped singing and spoke words really. It was sad to listen to. Yes, I have listened to him. Hence why I can still say I hate his voice.
    Ring of Fire was an abomination to a great classic. I have never been impressed with him with anything he sings. If his voice wasn't so shrill he would be fine. Matt, doesn't bother me, something about his voice I like and I don't mind listening to it. Even though he just picks the worst song choices. Oh no, his sexuality preference has nothing to do with me not liking his voice. Straight or not, voice still hurts my ears.

stantonyse

[5]Apr 2, 2009
    • level: 2
    he 's simply too over-rated . It's only the Top 8 and he is really trying to act as if he is the most unique of the crowd.

ICPJUggAL01

[6]Apr 2, 2009
    • level: 3
    spideynerd3 wrote:

I bet you just LOVED His version of Ring of Fire was AMAZING

Are you kidding me? His Ring of Fire was terrible. It's what Simon said it was. "Indulgent rubbish."

musiliu

[7]Apr 2, 2009
    • level: 11
    i hate adam.. and i didn't like megan and i don't like kris and matt either...
    adam seems to have a nice personality, but he ruins it every week with the stupid annoying high pitch thing he does...

imthemediagirl

[8]Apr 2, 2009
    • level: 12
    stantonyse wrote:
    he 's simply too over-rated . It's only the Top 8 and he is really trying to act as if he is the most unique of the crowd.

he IS the most unique, though. by a mile now that megan's gone. and DILL, i actually noticed adam getting pretty low in Play That Funky Music, at the part that goes "lay down that boogie and play that funky music til you die".

skellington8

[9]Apr 2, 2009
    • level: 10

I don't like Adam either. The only time that I liked him was when it was motown night. Other night's his songs are too energetic and to dramatic. He needs to tone it down. I can't see myself listening to his music in the car. He'll be good for Broadway. I hope he doesn't win. I bet you any moneythat people are voting for him not because of his voice, they're voting for him because they think he's "hot" and "attractive".

ShyXena

[10]Apr 2, 2009
    • level: 11
    I like how he sang on MoTown week. That wasn't screeching at all if you're not deaf.