American Idol Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on FOXIn Season

American Idol Roundtable(W/Discussion)

Edward_Nigma

[21]Apr 8, 2009
    • level: 54

Aah how did I miss this for two weeks? Good idea I like this, I'm in for next week definitely, since my friends are lame and watch Lost instead now instead of the Idol results show (or actually it's probably me who's lame).

And hey Sonic and Spidey. Glad to see you're not gone Spidey.

General discussion-wise...anyone else think Kara looks like a witch? Like not a bad witch, just a witch. I call her Glenda.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

SonicRenegade84

[22]Apr 9, 2009
    • level: 12
    spideynerd3 wrote:

How'd Mediagirl get 5/5 when she had Kris in the bottom 3 and not Anoop? I'm the only person to call it on the dot this week, as I even mentioned Lil would be safe, so Anoop and Scott would be the bottom 2. Just thought I'd point that out to you Sonic.

EDIT: Sonic, you might want to read #4 on the very first post, because that means I would have gotten 10/5 this week, just like you would/should have gotten a 10/5 last week. It is possible I read the thing wrong, so please correct me, or the post... Thank you.

You're right, Spidey. I fixed Media's points. BTW there's no way you could've gotten 10 points when the max number of points per week is 5. Edward-You're right. Now that you mention it, she does remind me of a witch.
    Edited on 04/09/2009 12:52pm

spideynerd3

[23]Apr 9, 2009
    • level: 29
    SonicRenegade84 wrote:
    spideynerd3 wrote:

How'd Mediagirl get 5/5 when she had Kris in the bottom 3 and not Anoop? I'm the only person to call it on the dot this week, as I even mentioned Lil would be safe, so Anoop and Scott would be the bottom 2. Just thought I'd point that out to you Sonic.

EDIT: Sonic, you might want to read #4 on the very first post, because that means I would have gotten 10/5 this week, just like you would/should have gotten a 10/5 last week. It is possible I read the thing wrong, so please correct me, or the post... Thank you.

You're right, Spidey. I fixed Media's points. BTW there's no way you could've gotten 10 points when the max number of points per week is 5. Edward-You're right. Now that you mention it, she does remind me of a witch.

Then you might want to read #4 on your rules list, since it's saying bonus points are possible each week for the people who can guess the bottom 3 correct, and who will be safe from the bottom 3, which I clearly did. If Rule #4 was a mistake, I'd fix that. And you are welcome for pointing out your mistake.

Mdinkle1

[24]Apr 10, 2009
    • level: 35
    Lol, looks like I was way off . I'm glad though, because Kris didn't deserve to be in the bottom three this week

stellarchick86

[25]Apr 10, 2009
    • level: 32
    Hey- I havent checked out this thread before but since its a very good idea can I be in for next weeks? The whole point things are kinda confusing me, maybe I just need to re-read it IDK so you may need to figure that out for me, but I love doing these guessing game type things so if you need an extra player Im in! =)

SonicRenegade84

[26]Apr 11, 2009
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    Hey- I havent checked out this thread before but since its a very good idea can I be in for next weeks? The whole point things are kinda confusing me, maybe I just need to re-read it IDK so you may need to figure that out for me, but I love doing these guessing game type things so if you need an extra player Im in! =)

Sure you can join. You'll be down about 10 points compared to everyone else, but sure. And about the points thing, yes you get 1 point for every person you guess right into the bottom three, and you get two points if the person you pick gets out also.That's where the "5 points a week" comes in. Then(yes Spidey, you were right)two bonus points are given to whoever guesses the first person saved from elimination right. The only bonus points left you can get is if you say "this person will be saved by the judges", and they DO save him/her(which is worth 2 points). Here's the the part that would get some people-If you say "yes he/she will be saved", and the judges DONT save him/her, you lose a point. So in correction, 9 points are available each week.

This should be your pick sendings as of now-

???, ???, and ??? are in the bottom three. ??? will be the first one saved. ??? goes home. Saved/No Save.
    Edited on 04/11/2009 10:43am
    Edited 2 total times.

SonicRenegade84

[27]Apr 11, 2009
    Scores as of 04/10/09

Total scores so far:
    Sonic-8
    Spidey-7
    Meghan-6
    Mediagirl-4
    Stan-0
    Edited on 04/11/2009 11:56pm

stellarchick86

[28]Apr 11, 2009
    SonicRenegade84 wrote:
    Sure you can join.......???, ???, and ??? are in the bottom three. ??? will be the first one saved. ??? goes home. Saved/No Save.

Thanks, Sonic! (I used to love Sonic when I was younger on my Sega by the way hehe ) That example I quoted helps alot. I dont have to send anything to you until after Tuesdays nights performance right? Or do we have to send it to you now regardless of the performance?

SonicRenegade84

[29]Apr 12, 2009
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    SonicRenegade84 wrote:
    Sure you can join.......???, ???, and ??? are in the bottom three. ??? will be the first one saved. ??? goes home. Saved/No Save.

Thanks, Sonic! (I used to love Sonic when I was younger on my Sega by the way hehe ) That example I quoted helps alot. I dont have to send anything to you until after Tuesdays nights performance right? Or do we have to send it to you now regardless of the performance?

Not really, just post your picks here after Tuesday's performances and wait to see what happens. And yes, Sonic was also my fav back in my childhood(he still is )

stellarchick86

[30]Apr 12, 2009
    SonicRenegade84 wrote:
    Not really, just post your picks here after Tuesday's performances and wait to see what happens. And yes, Sonic was also my fav back in my childhood(he still is )

Okay, cool, thanks. I figured it was that way but wanted to make sure since you said something upthread that made me think otherwise (too lazy to go back and quote it now lol).

And yeah my favorite on the Sonic game was the fox guy though..forget what his name was. I usually go more for the sidekicks anyway, I like Yoshi more than Mario, etc (Lol).

SonicRenegade84

[31]Apr 13, 2009
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    SonicRenegade84 wrote:

Okay, cool, thanks. I figured it was that way but wanted to make sure since you said something upthread that made me think otherwise (too lazy to go back and quote it now lol).

And yeah my favorite on the Sonic game was the fox guy though..forget what his name was. I usually go more for the sidekicks anyway, I like Yoshi more than Mario, etc (Lol).

You question Sonic who the fox guy is? To answer you, it's Miles "Tails" Prower.

stellarchick86

[32]Apr 14, 2009
    Tails! Yes! I knew it was something like that, like a one worded thing with an 'S' on the end but couldnt say for sure. Thanks! lol (things like that bug me when I cant remember lol).

Edward_Nigma

[33]Apr 14, 2009
    Stop it, stay on topic! Or at least off, then on eventually, like so:

Sonic is great, but Zelda is my favorite.

I read somewhere that Simon said they might not ever use the judge's save...and I kinda agree...can we get some bonus for saying that?

90210rox

[34]Apr 14, 2009
    • level: 14
    I'm doing it for the first time tonight. Looks fun. Lil, Anoop, and Matt in the bottom 3. Matt is saved first. Lil goes home. No save.

SonicRenegade84

[35]Apr 14, 2009
    Edward_Nigma wrote:
    Stop it, stay on topic! Or at least off, then on eventually, like so:

Sonic is great, but Zelda is my favorite.

I read somewhere that Simon said they might not ever use the judge's save...and I kinda agree...can we get some bonus for saying that?

Since you're new to this game...i'll take it into consideration.

As for my picks...

Anoop, Allison and(this is a huge risk)Lil will be bottom three. Lil will be first save. Anoop goes home. No save.
    Edited on 04/14/2009 6:26pm

spideynerd3

[36]Apr 14, 2009
    • level: 29

Lil, Matt, and Allison... Allison will be safe first, Lil goes home, NO SAVE.

I have to say it, but this week was a tough week... Because to me, Lil, Allison and Adam were the bottom three, but Adam won't be in the bottom three... I'm totally expecting to fail this week...

stellarchick86

[37]Apr 14, 2009
    Edward_Nigma wrote:
    Stop it, stay on topic!

How exactly do we stay on topic when the show hadnt even aired yet, so we had nothing to talk about. Say "oh yeah this looks fun Ill go ahead and do it" for the 2nd time??

These are my predictions: Lil, Matt and Anoop in bottom 3 with Lil going home- no save (as Simon usually determines this and hes had it with her). Do we have to say whos going to be saved first? If so, then I predict Anoop will be sent back to the couch first. If not, disregard it.

It was a toss-up between Allison and Anoop but everyone loved Allison I think, she got everyone in the audience standing and cheering which isnt usual for her, so I just think Anoop will take her place as he also got in bottom 3 last week as well so hes no stranger to it.

Edward_Nigma

[38]Apr 15, 2009
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    Edward_Nigma wrote:
    Stop it, stay on topic!
    How exactly do we stay on topic when the show hadnt even aired yet, so we had nothing to talk about.

Don't post in the topic? Or you could discuss who you hope will do good or something...I dunno.
    Definitely a tough week as mentioned. I'm surprised no one said Kris bottom three. Hmm...
    Bottom 3: Matt, Anoop, and Lil. I along with spidey wish Madam Lamebert could be in the bottom three, but yeah that isn't gonna happen sadly. First one safe is Matt, then Lil. Sorry Anoop, goodbye. No save. And I'll stick by my theory that the judges won't use their save.
    Edited on 04/14/2009 11:35pm

Mdinkle1

[39]Apr 15, 2009
    • level: 35
    Prediction: Matt, Lil, Anoop in B3.

Lil is first saved, with Matt getting eliminated; no save.

imthemediagirl

[40]Apr 15, 2009
    bottom 3 anoop, lil, & matt. matt first save. lil goes home. not even a chance of being saved.