American Idol Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on FOXBetween Seasons

American Idol Roundtable(W/Discussion)

1MMfan

[121]May 18, 2009
    • level: 16

I wish Adam would go. What does America and the judges see in him anyway? I see screaming. He has a good voice, I noticed it in one performance when he barely screamed for once, but he likes to scream too much and likes to be theaterical. This is American Idol, not America's Broadway Tryouts. And Kris, he's way better. I know you'll immediately think I just want him to win because he's cute but that's not true. He's way better off singing and could have a future. The only flaw he has is that he likes to jump around genres, he always chooses different genres. I don't care if yoU compare it to Archuleta/Cook. David Archuleta deserved to win anyway, and not because of his looks but his voice. And David Archuleta was the runner-up but he still became a singer anyway. So much as I hate comparing Kris and David A., really think about it before you claim they were just famous with the teen girls. And I'm a teen girl but I see past looks. As I said earlier, I don't like Adam but I actually don't think he's ugly, but I care more for singing so...yeah I basically wanted to prove not all teenagers prefer Kris because he's cute and that's not the only thing Kris had going for him.
    I basically think Adam will win due to popularity, but I prefer Kris. And who knows? Maybe we'll be surprised. Kris has been underestimated yet look at how far he went. I actually thought he didn't stand a chance last week(I did like him but he didn't seem like he'd make it since he wasn't as popular plus I was a big Danny fan before he was eliminated.)

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

DILLIGAF7

[122]May 18, 2009
    • level: 4
    I agree with a lot of what you have just said. I don't see what they see in Adam either. He can't go one song without screaming once. If it's a ballad he still throws in a "yeah" or two. It's really annoying. I will say I did enjoy his performance of "Mad World." He's just too Broadway for my taste and I love Broadway. I think if he didn't scream, I would be a fan of his. Also, how could anyone stand an 12-song album of just screaming. To me, there's a reason why the "80s screams" aren't around now. It's not a current thing for our generation. It was good then, but now.

I love Kris as well. And no, not for his looks. I am not shallow. He really is amazing, at least to me. There's just something about his voice that I like. Even his pre-Idol work is just great. Honestly, he deserves to win. People have to watch out for the underdog. I don't think many votes separated Kris and Adam, not sure on that though. Right now, this competition is about popularity and not about talent, seeing as they both are talented. I honestly would love Kris to win, but my in the back of my mind, I believe Adam will win.

SonicRenegade84

[123]May 19, 2009
    • level: 12
    I couldn't care less who wins. As long as Daughtry and Cook keep making records(and not dissapointing ones *cough*David Cook*cough*), I'll keep watching.

imthemediagirl

[124]May 19, 2009
    personally i dont see what you DONT see in adam. extremely entertaining performer. very original for today (weve seen kris can BE one republic). better-looking than kris anyway, not that that has anything to do with it. MAD vocal skills, even without screaming. his range is impressive, you must admit. he might ACTUALLY make an exciting album for once, since itd be hard to shove him into radio-pop (unlike kris). and no one hates on robin trower/freddy mercury. theyre legends.

just my argument

SonicRenegade84

[125]May 19, 2009
    I like how no one's sent in thier picks yet. Well, i'll be the first. I'm going out on a limb and going to say Adam.

stellarchick86

[126]May 19, 2009
    • level: 32
    Man..I just dont know. Im going to go out on a limb here and say Adam gets eliminated. Last yr I predicted Archie would win, yet it was Cook who seemed to be the underdog, so this year I hope to go by the same token and hope Kris gets to win.

DILLIGAF7

[127]May 20, 2009
    This is a tough one. Everyone seems to have Adam pegged as the winner. Kris is the under dog, you shouldn't underestimate that.

I am going to say Adam gets eliminated. Either way these two will be making a C.D. The only C.D I will get or listen to is Kris' though.

And what is with the American Idol song this season, do all the songs have to be so gay I always hate that song. Kris' singing "Ain't No Sunshine" was amazing! Way better than the first time. Woo! Let's go Kris!!

kikimarie593

[128]May 20, 2009
    • level: 27
    I'm guessing Adam will be eliminated and Kris will win.

Mdinkle1

[129]May 20, 2009
    • level: 35
    I'm going to go against the grain here and say Adam wins. It's really too close to call, but if I pick the same as Sonic I'm guaranteed second place lol. I have a feeling it will be Kris, though, but I'm fine with either winning =]

SonicRenegade84

[130]May 20, 2009
    Mdinkle1 wrote:
    I'm going to go against the grain here and say Adam wins. It's really too close to call, but if I pick the same as Sonic I'm guaranteed second place lol. I have a feeling it will be Kris, though, but I'm fine with either winning =]

You were a good rival. Good luck tonight *puts out his hand*.

spideynerd3

[131]May 20, 2009
    • level: 29

Adam has this thing won, and if Kris wins, it's because of all the Tween girls in the world who don't understand that Kris is married and has a kid. The tween girls of today can be so stupid!

My picks: Adam wins, Kris goes home with nothing.

And that's the bottom line because Stone Cold Spideynerd said so!

imthemediagirl

[132]May 20, 2009

this promised to be a really tough decision for me, because adam has the talent but kris is like a cockroach in this competition (hah i like him as well, but just based on the fact so many people thought he'd be out and he never "died").

then i realized that in the context of the ROUND-TABLE game, only one choice makes sense: i predict kris wins, thereby winning if the top players, who all chose adam, are wrong. if kris loses, i still win, not points-wise but iheartadam strategic, eh?

Edited on 05/20/2009 4:49pm

DILLIGAF7

[133]May 20, 2009
    Congrats to Kris!! Also to Adam! It was a close one I bet. They both did well, and I'll be waiting for Kris' c.d to come out! xD

Mdinkle1

[134]May 21, 2009
    • level: 35
    SonicRenegade84 wrote:
    Mdinkle1 wrote:

You were a good rival. Good luck tonight *puts out his hand*.

Aww, thanks, you were too . *shakes hand*

stellarchick86

[135]May 22, 2009
    I still cant believe I predicted the right person, I never do! lol. The only years I predicted who would win before they did right was Carrie Underwood and Kelly Clarkson, everyone else I thought it would be someone else who wouldve won (especially when Fantasia and Ruben won because I thought people liked Clay and Latoya or whoever was running against Fantasia more, with everyone else I felt it was just a close race).

SonicRenegade84

[136]May 22, 2009
    Well, that's it. I blew it. So did Meghan and Spidey, anyways. These are the scores.

Stellar-20
    Dillagaf-20
    kikimarie-20
    Sonic-0
    Spidey-0
    Meghan-0
    Mediagirl-20

Total Scores:
    Mediagirl-35
    Stellar-32
    Dilligaf-28
    Kiki-23
    Sonic-21
    Meghan-20
    Spidey-17
    Edward-9
    All4dogs-0

*Media and Stellar are on the stage with Ryan holding the results.*

Ryan Seacrest:The winner of Tv.com American Idol Roundtable 2009 is..........Mediagirl!

stellarchick86

[137]May 22, 2009
    Good job Mediagirl!

imthemediagirl

[138]May 22, 2009
    aww, thanks, Stellar! i had a lot of fun playing with you guys, and just like kris i'm kind of surprised, but i hope we have an even better time next season!
    Edited on 05/22/2009 2:40pm

SonicRenegade84

[139]May 22, 2009
    Thank you for playing. I had alot of fun and now it's time to wait for next season. This is SonicRenegade, signing off.

numbr1alli

[140]May 23, 2009
    • level: 3

ALLISON SHOULD HAVE WON!!! ALLISON IS THE REAL WINNER!!! AHHHHH!!! Matt and Megan should have been in the top three, no dishonest hype required. Their cracking, vibrating, and tone-changing notes are SIMPLY, yes, obviously amazing.

ALLISON!!! ALLISON!!! ALLISON!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! I also liked Danny, Anoop and Alexis.