American Idol Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on FOXBetween Seasons

American Idol Season 8 Adam Lambert

Bjbler2396

[41]Mar 6, 2009
    • level: 21

Adam is my favorite male contestant this year. Seriously, his voice is phenomenal. I would die to have his voice. I can understand the people who think it is annoying, because it is very unique. But it is still incredible.

-BJ

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

mrswinchester24

[42]Mar 7, 2009
    • level: 11
    He is the best and by far my favorite. He has the best voice

Losterrific

[43]Mar 7, 2009
    • level: 9
    EdgeOfThorns316 wrote:
    Losterrific wrote:
    EdgeOfThorns316 wrote:

Wow, so adam goes for the sausage ......how disappointing.

I dont know how dudes can dive in for another dudes willy, im sorry, maybe i "dont get it"....but how a woman cant turn on a man is just beyond freakin me lol

How is a girl attracted to a guy? basically it's the same thing, it's not a big deal and why people seem to be making it a big deal is "beyond freakin me".

lol no its not, sorry.

you asked the question and now i'm wrong?

alen76ers

[45]Mar 10, 2009
    • level: 16
    I hope the fact he's gay doesn't ruin something for him because he has a great voice. The range of his voice is unbelievable for a male singer, it's like he's castrated, lol. And now when I think about it... men have been castrated in the past so they could sing opera, haha. But anyways, he's in my top 3 and I hope he'll stay in this competition for a long time. I wouldn't mind if he wins.

kikiigirl

[46]Mar 10, 2009
    • level: 7
    kikimarie593 wrote:
    ebony_kunoichi wrote:

has anyone seen the pics on votefortheworst.com ? omg, he is in a total make out session with several guys!

I just looked at those pictures. I can't believe it! And in one of the pictures he was wearing a dress!

OMG....People.... you alll sound sooooo Puritan.... who cares who is he kissing???? as long as he's interesting and can make his performances into a broadway show, I'm loving him

kikiigirl

[47]Mar 10, 2009
    EdgeOfThorns316 wrote:
    Losterrific wrote:
    EdgeOfThorns316 wrote:

I dont know how dudes can dive in for another dudes willy, im sorry, maybe i "dont get it"....but how a woman cant turn on a man is just beyond freakin me lol

How is a girl attracted to a guy? basically it's the same thing, it's not a big deal and why people seem to be making it a big deal is "beyond freakin me".

lol no its not, sorry.

I dont get it..... who are you EdgeThorns316???? Do you like only girls in girls?????

90210rox

[48]Mar 10, 2009
    • level: 14
    Amen. The only thing that should matter is if he has talent and a likable personality, which he has both. Sexuality doesn't mean squat.

stellarchick86

[49]Mar 10, 2009
    • level: 32
    Yeah I think we should just drop the subject and focus on Adams singing/performances rather than make this a big disucssion about sexuality in general.

So since tonight is MJ night, what does everyone think he will sing? A little 'Beat It'? A little 'Thriller'? lol.

Losterrific

[50]Mar 10, 2009
    • level: 9
    Not only did he look stunningly good tonight he blew everyone else out of the park.

EdgeOfThorns316

[51]Mar 10, 2009
    • level: 8
    kikiigirl wrote:
    EdgeOfThorns316 wrote:
    Losterrific wrote:
    EdgeOfThorns316 wrote:

lol no its not, sorry.

I dont get it..... who are you EdgeThorns316???? Do you like only girls in girls?????

lol wtf, what? Anywhos...Adam did great tonight, by far my hopefuly winner this year.

gmx13

[52]Mar 10, 2009
    His singing voice is ok. When he sings, it reminds me of Mark Wahlberg's character on Rockstar.

EdgeOfThorns316

[53]Mar 10, 2009
    gmx13 wrote:
    His singing voice is ok. When he sings, it reminds me of Mark Wahlberg's character on Rockstar.

And thats good, im so tired of all the bullcrap worthless nickelback type garbage out there in the music field. Vocalists of the 80s had style, architecture to their voices and characteristics that differentiated themselves from each other.

Adam brings back an era of music that to me, is priceless and still one of the best eras ever. A mix of the 70s and 80s, music is so diluted anymore with such unemotionl worthless junk its saddening. But at least ive got tons of under the radar bands to listen too that arent from the states.

Adam brings back color to a lead vocalist, everyone out there sounds like david cook or a kelly clarkson...or even worse, that double trouble crap on a stick band known as the jonas brothers.... *shudders*...Adam brings back an edge that hasnt seen main stream in awhile.

Although some bands have stepped out like a band called Airborne, classic 80s rock to the bone.

/rant off

Music4OurSouls

[54]Mar 11, 2009
    • level: 4

This will be Short & Simple:

THANK YOU EDGE OF THORNS & LOSTERRIFIC & as always, STELLARCHICK.

I'm really tired - stayed up in "Idol Land" until 4:00...again. lol. Just really appreciate you 3. You're intuitive and intelligent, so I'm sure you know my point.

Oh, yeah: THANK YOU ADAM !

Jean

San Antonio, Texas

ebony_kunoichi

[55]Mar 11, 2009
    • level: 13

Adam brings back color to a lead vocalist

exactly and that's why he belongs in a band or in Vegas as a glam rock singer and not on a solo singing competition. I am an old timer, but I don't look back fondly at some 80's bands. I remember Ratt, Cinderella, Poison, damn yankees, and *shudder* Nelson. Screeching like someone just grabbed your junk? Yuck. I prefer my bands dark, brooding, and upset about something.

Edited on 03/11/2009 10:07am

kikimarie593

[56]Mar 11, 2009
    • level: 27

gmx13 wrote:

That's funny because I said the exact same thing when I first heard him perfrom, I kid you not. Lol.

imthemediagirl

[57]Mar 11, 2009
    • level: 12
    ebony_kunoichi wrote:

exactly and that's why he belongs in a band or in Vegas as a glam rock singer and not on a solo singing competition.

sorry, just wanted to point out that lead singers of bands can make it on idol. have you heard of chris daughtry? with adam as a frontman, also, i doubt they could make a diluted idol pop album, one of the few disappointments daughtry ever gave to me. he was soo rocker on the show, not that his album isnt ANY good.

EdgeOfThorns316

[58]Mar 11, 2009
    ebony_kunoichi wrote:

exactly and that's why he belongs in a band or in Vegas as a glam rock singer and not on a solo singing competition. I am an old timer, but I don't look back fondly at some 80's bands. I remember Ratt, Cinderella, Poison, damn yankees, and *shudder* Nelson. Screeching like someone just grabbed your junk? Yuck. I prefer my bands dark, brooding, and upset about something.

lol well if you think a band is worthy only if they are angry, wow lol

Btw, Poison still outsells arenas, hate em if you want but Bret Michaels put out some decent songs. Its so middle school to be like "ewww omg...old music!" lol.

And Adam is leagues over nelson, nelson is just a joke...compared to Cinderella, thats just ludacrous to even put them in the same sentence. GNR which...put out an amazing comeback album, is music for the ages. Its smart, indepth and has power too it. Unless so much waste out there in the mainstream now.

Im not saying all glam is good...i listen to testament, fates warning, chris caffery, angel dust, iced earth, and i could go on forever...the point is the world needs more rock in it...we havent seen a frontman in the mainstream thats interesting in freakin years.

palari

[59]Mar 11, 2009
    • level: 1

Its not his singing that annoys me its the over the top, overwrought performances, so if he is cutting that back and bringing a great performance then kudos to him. (I will have to wait a couple of weeks before it makes it to air where I am.)

I like a good visceral, make-the-hair-stand-up-on-the-back-of-your-neck, grab-you-between-the-legs scream in a song but screeching definitely is not my thing.

alp1981

[60]Mar 11, 2009
    • level: 18
    Adam's style doesn't do it for me in the least but I totally get that there's a market for this dude so that probably makes him the favoirte at this point. I think if he toned it down a bit I wouldn't cringe as hard when I hear him, sometimes less really is more.