American Idol Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on FOXBetween Seasons

American Idol Season 8 Adam Lambert

stellarchick86

[61]Mar 11, 2009
    • level: 32
    My brother is going to be 32 in a week and grew up with all those hair band type bands from the 80s/90s/etc. Thats all I heard him listen to growing up; Motley Crew, Poison, Cinderella, Kiss, Guns and Roses, whatever was going on back then. I wanna say Ratt was the first concert he ever went to if I remember correctly. I asked him what he felt about Adam and he said he couldnt stand him. So I dont think just because you like a hair band you automatically like Adam thinking its the same thing because its not really. I mean theres a reason why like no one can screech like Axel Rose and just because AL screeches doesnt mean its automatically as good as him (hope that makes sense lol). I like some songs off those bands too and I dont care much for Adam either so. There ya go, I guess its like anything else, if you like Carrie Underwood it doesnt mean you automatically like ALL country (like me) or if you like country it doesnt mean you automatically like C.U. So anyway just felt like going off on a tangent for a sec lol.
    ebony_kunoichi wrote:
    I prefer my bands dark, brooding, and upset about something.

Me too! I thought I was the only one lol.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

EdgeOfThorns316

[62]Mar 12, 2009
    • level: 8
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    My brother is going to be 32 in a week and grew up with all those hair band type bands from the 80s/90s/etc. Thats all I heard him listen to growing up; Motley Crew, Poison, Cinderella, Kiss, Guns and Roses, whatever was going on back then. I wanna say Ratt was the first concert he ever went to if I remember correctly. I asked him what he felt about Adam and he said he couldnt stand him. So I dont think just because you like a hair band you automatically like Adam thinking its the same thing because its not really. I mean theres a reason why like no one can screech like Axel Rose and just because AL screeches doesnt mean its automatically as good as him (hope that makes sense lol). I like some songs off those bands too and I dont care much for Adam either so. There ya go, I guess its like anything else, if you like Carrie Underwood it doesnt mean you automatically like ALL country (like me) or if you like country it doesnt mean you automatically like C.U. So anyway just felt like going off on a tangent for a sec lol.
    ebony_kunoichi wrote:
    I prefer my bands dark, brooding, and upset about something.

Me too! I thought I was the only one lol.

Why are you two obsessed with anger? :p

My point with Adam is, variety is good. Let the david cooks of this world do their cook thing, and kanye west do his thing...but give me some freakin rock n roll again, and i think a guy like adam could bring it back into mainstream again for an added touch.

EdgeOfThorns316

[63]Mar 12, 2009
    • level: 8
    I dont know if its just me but, when i see Adam i wonder if someone like genetically created him with genes taken from jason bateman, billy idol and elvis Seriously though, the dude looks like jason bateman to me at times, then elvis in the face, and then billy idol when hes singin...so i dunno :p

Music4OurSouls

[64]Mar 12, 2009
    • level: 4
    EdgeOfThorns316 wrote:
    I dont know if its just me but, when i see Adam i wonder if someone like genetically created him with genes taken from jason bateman, billy idol and elvis Seriously though, the dude looks like jason bateman to me at times, then elvis in the face, and then billy idol when hes singin...so i dunno :p

I knew I liked you. :>)

Have to agree with others to a point. Could be the "high" screeching that is turning them off. For me, it didn't come out annoying. But I get it..sort of. I'm convinced Adam will be out to prove himself as a multi-talented rocker, somewhat ala Daughtry and even Cook. FYI, my son is 25, loves Metallica/Aerosmith/bands I don't know but Edge would/and listens to all genres (xcept rap) because he's a "just playin'in my garage" musician. He's holding out opinion on Adam until mid-season. Let's hope Adam shows substance w/ different songs & communicates what America wants to see & hear. As to genetics, my buddy, you're onto something. If you want to pm me, I'll elaborate on my ramblings...it's way out there and don't want to make the group as crazy as me!

TBMSFriday

[65]Mar 13, 2009
    • level: 9
    I like Adam. He's in my top three (Adam, Michael, Alexis...) he can sing, has great stage movements, and he kinda reamins me of Pete Wentz...sorta...

ebony_kunoichi

[66]Mar 13, 2009
    • level: 13

Yes adam does remind me of jason Bateman and sorta a dash of elvis and wee bit dash of Cher. Please for the love of the gods, leave billy idol out of this! He is greatness. Adam does not, repeat, does not have the swagger and snarl of Billy Idol. That man ooozes sex. Yes it is true you can like hair metal and hate Adam! Ha ha! Score one for me! He cannot even be considered in the same vain as Axel Rose.

High pitched wailing is o.k. as long as you have a great band and a kick arse beat behind ya. Yes, I love my bands emo, emo, emo and more emo. Or punk type. I cant stand happy, feel good time crap. If I'm gonna listen to hard rock it better be speed metal or Gwar. I want lots of talk about death, dying, and satan!

Music4OurSouls

[67]Mar 13, 2009
    • level: 4

I'm gonna go out on a pretty high limb here and ask, Ebony:

Are you by any chance hoping for an Ozzy/Black Sabbath mentor week? I've actually heard it might happen. I'd love that one.

As a Protestant w/Cathlic roots, I'd just as soon leave "Satan" out of my life, but I sure get the rest of your message!

I'm probably not getting the joke, right? lol.........give me a break - I'm old.

Byeeeeeeeee for now.

kikiigirl

[68]Mar 13, 2009
    • level: 7
    EdgeOfThorns316 wrote:

My theory is that he bribed someone, when he was standing in the white line.... (also my theory on karma - that before this life we're all standing in this huge white line and wating for our time)

alen76ers

[69]Mar 14, 2009
    • level: 16

I like Adam very much. He can sing great, he can work the stage, he's got everything.

Reading all the comments made me realize: people either love Adam or they hate him. There is nothing in between. I love him! He has a big chance of winning!

linwin941

[70]Mar 15, 2009
    • level: 3
    YES HE IS A GREAT ALL ROUND PERFORMER. SHOULD WIN. ALSO MY FAVORITE.

linwin941

[71]Mar 15, 2009
    • level: 3
    ADAM WILL SURPRISE EVERYONE WITH HIS VERSATILITY WHEN GIVEN THE OPPORTUNITY.

Pet_Petra

[72]Mar 15, 2009
    • level: 17
    I'm not impressed with him at all. I don't like his singing voice, way too screechy, dramatic and over the top. And I don't think he's that good looking so I don't really understand the hype. Maybe I'll learn to like him but right now he's not a favorite of mine.

amaryllis88

[73]Mar 15, 2009
    • level: 20
    alen76ers wrote:

I like Adam very much. He can sing great, he can work the stage, he's got everything.

Reading all the comments made me realize: people either love Adam or they hate him. There is nothing in between. I love him! He has a big chance of winning!

I like Adam too....and this is going to sound very creepy, because this hardly ever happens, but he was in my dream last night. It featured people from long ago, people I don't even see or talk to much anymore, and yet he made an appearance. I think I did talk to him, but it was a casual type of thing more than anything else. I will say that he has a very good stage presence, he definitely works it, and he doesn't have these crazy loony-bin facial expressions that I've seen on some contestants' faces.

90210rox

[74]Mar 15, 2009
    • level: 14

Pet_Petra wrote:
    I'm not impressed with him at all. I don't like his singing voice, way too screechy, dramatic and over the top. And I don't think he's that good looking so I don't really understand the hype. Maybe I'll learn to like him but right now he's not a favorite of mine.

Aww, how could you NOT love this face?

HAHA! No, seriously...

stellarchick86

[75]Mar 16, 2009
    • level: 32
    ^^Wow..in the 2nd one hes actually kinda hot, something I never thought Id say about him lol, but the first ones just scary, lol. I still cant believe hes 27 though, I figured 25 at the most and maybe 21 at the youngest.

kikimarie593

[76]Mar 16, 2009
    • level: 27
    Yeah, the first one is scary. Too much guy-liner! Aaaah! The second picture's cool though.

90210rox

[77]Mar 16, 2009
    • level: 14
    Meh, I love the first pic. But yeah, the second is my favorite of him. We all have different tastes, but I've always thought he was hot. Did you know his natural hair color is sort of strawberry-blond? Ha, just a random fact. I'm going away now.

ebony_kunoichi

[78]Mar 16, 2009
    • level: 13

o.k. I admitt that he looks hot in the second pic. the first one, too much eyeliner. He looks kinda like my aunt. Adam is very photogenic, but on the TV he looks like he is 27 and wearing foundation, but oh well a litte cover girl never hurt anyone. I will wait for adam to sing a slow song, but so far the person I hate the most is Meagan and Scott.

Check out his glam rock circus show: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zntiwD10pcM and here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXvSA6QL7Ac

work it girlfriend! I have to be honest and say no one works hot pants like him. I'm serious folks.

Edited on 03/16/2009 1:29pm

palari

[79]Mar 16, 2009
    • level: 1
    In the top pic he looks like Boy George and Joan Jett's love child. Its just too damn scary!

The second picture is much much much better. Toned down, organic hot. Not trying too hard, just being. Much better. And if he can do that in his performances he could take this thing all the way. IMHO.
    Edited on 03/16/2009 1:36pm

Monarch117

[80]Mar 17, 2009
    • level: 2
    Preferring Allison as my fave, but he's second on the list.