American Idol Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on FOXBetween Seasons

American Idol Season 8 Adam Lambert

nickel2006

[101]Apr 1, 2009
    • level: 48
    I don't know how anyone can stand his "EHYEAHHHHHHHH!" It's very annoying.
    Edited on 04/01/2009 4:07pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ICPJUggAL01

[102]Apr 1, 2009
    • level: 3
    This guy is such a douchebag. His rendition of Johnny Cash's Ring of Fire was ridiculous. If Cash was alive today he would punch this arrogant prick in the face.

ShyXena

[103]Apr 1, 2009
    • level: 11
    I really like him!! Teriffic singer
    Edited on 04/01/2009 6:23pm

DILLIGAF7

[104]Apr 2, 2009
    • level: 4
    I haven't read through all the past posts here.

I can not stand him. His screeching hurts my ears. How is that screeching
    considered talent? He's over dramatic and just plain awful.

Ring of Fire pushed it too far for me, he butchered a classic.
    Those "yeaahh" at the end of his up beat songs are so predictable.

I said I didn't like him or his voice, in another thread. And I was told that I didn't like him because of his sexuality. How does that constitute me not liking him. Straight or not, I still don't like him and never will.
    The whole "guys with eye-liner and look-like clones" thing is just overdone with these days.
    New trend please!

stantonyse

[105]Apr 2, 2009
    • level: 2
    definitely too over-rated. He is becoming too predictable with his performance and i'm weirdly starting to prefer Danny over him. Umm, is it just me or do i think that he is starting to look and even sound like Elvis Presley all of the sudden ? Originality-wise, i seriously disagree with Simon about it, i found him simply trying to force his voice like Elvis through songs and then finish off with the over the top-like screams.
    Edited on 04/02/2009 8:48am

ShyXena

[106]Apr 2, 2009
    To me, he's better than piggy Allison and snot-nose Danny

simpsonian100

[107]Apr 2, 2009
    • level: 12

ICPJUggAL01 wrote:
    This guy is such a douchebag. His rendition of Johnny Cash's Ring of Fire was ridiculous. If Cash was alive today he would punch this arrogant prick in the face.

There was nothing arrogant about that. He was being creative and just because you don't like it doesn't make him a douchebag. It was country week for god sake! Country music sucks, so he made it interesting. He doesn't have a country voice. If you don't like him, that's fine with me, but he's not a douchebag for covering a song in a manner that some people may not agree with. Besides, he mentioned hearing that from some foreign group out in Egypt, so it's not like he's the only one doing this.

mrswinchester24

[109]Apr 5, 2009

How did anyone come to the conclusion that Adam is a dou...bag? He says thank you every time the judges say a postive comment. He seems to be genuine about it too... Plus, he is an amazing singer (best in the competition by far) and he's hot... what more could you want?

ShyXena

[110]Apr 6, 2009
    mrswinchester24 wrote:

How did anyone come to the conclusion that Adam is a dou...bag? He says thank you every time the judges say a postive comment. He seems to be genuine about it too... Plus, he is an amazing singer (best in the competition by far) and he's hot... what more could you want?

I was about to say your second sentence. Agreed.

90210rox

[111]Apr 7, 2009
    • level: 14

People are not used to a male being able to hit that high of notes that Adam can hit. So they automatically think that he's screeching or screaming or whatever when he's not. A girl can hit those notes, and people wouldn't think she was screaming. Adam is just unique in that way, one of few males that can hit notes that high and pull it off.

Oh please! Johnny Cash would've so gotten a kick out of Adam's performance. I have no doubt that he would've liked it; it is Johnny Cash.

And lastly, I don't care what gender he prefers. If I think a guy is hot, I am going to be thinking a guy is hot. And I think Adam is hot. Hell, he might not be gay he could be bi, he never outright said that he was gay But, is that really any of our business? And should we give a flipping fish? No. It is the 21st century, no one with half a brain really cares about sexuality anymore. Or at least they shouldn't.

foxmccloud13

[112]Apr 7, 2009
    • level: 13
    Hate him, he screeches like a bird and it bugs me.
    He tries to be alternative rock, but hes some over the top drama queen.
    He needs to go be in some musical play and get over it.
    I cant fathom anyone buying an album of his, who wants to listen to that high pitched screams? Its not artistic and most definitely not my style.

stellarchick86

[113]Apr 7, 2009
    • level: 32
    90210rox wrote:
    People are not used to a male being able to hit that high of notes that Adam can hit. So they automatically think that he's screeching or screaming or whatever when he's not. A girl can hit those notes, and people wouldn't think she was screaming. Adam is just unique in that way, one of few males that can hit notes that high and pull it off

He reminds me of Axel Rose ALOT, but I was never that big of a GnR fan. I mean I like them, but I cant listen to them non-stop on a cd. My bro can, but not so much me. So thats why I dont think I could really listen to Adam on a cd either or something like that. When he came out and sang the versus of "R of F" I really liked it, same with 'Tracks of My Tears'. Its the slower stuff that makes me really like Adam because you can see what he can really do with his voice and I feel like is more special instead of just the screechy stuff. But then he gets to the faster parts with the screeching (for lack of a better term) on 'R of F', 'Satisfaction', 'Play That Funky Music', etc and I just cant seem to get onto the Adam bandwagon with it. Im like running along side it but cant make the transition.

90210rox

[114]Apr 7, 2009
    • level: 14

stellarchick86 wrote:
    90210rox wrote:
    People are not used to a male being able to hit that high of notes that Adam can hit. So they automatically think that he's screeching or screaming or whatever when he's not. A girl can hit those notes, and people wouldn't think she was screaming. Adam is just unique in that way, one of few males that can hit notes that high and pull it off
    He reminds me of Axel Rose ALOT, but I was never that big of a GnR fan. I mean I like them, but I cant listen to them non-stop on a cd. My bro can, but not so much me. So thats why I dont think I could really listen to Adam on a cd either or something like that. When he came out and sang the versus of "R of F" I really liked it, same with 'Tracks of My Tears'. Its the slower stuff that makes me really like Adam because you can see what he can really do with his voice and I feel like is more special instead of just the screechy stuff. But then he gets to the faster parts with the screeching (for lack of a better term) on 'R of F', 'Satisfaction', 'Play That Funky Music', etc and I just cant seem to get onto the Adam bandwagon with it. Im like running along side it but cant make the transition.

I understand that. Although, again, I disagree about the 'screeching', oh well. I actually really hate Guns N Roses, just telling you that right now. They annoy me. Adam is compared to Freddie Mercury more, and I agree with that comparison. I posted a link for you and anyone else who missed Adam's performance tonight of "Mad World" because of the time mess-ups. Anyone who likes Adam's slower stuff more than his fast and loud ones will like this one.

HappyGirl818

[115]Apr 7, 2009
    • level: 10

I loved when Adam sang that Smokey Robinson song but other than that I'm just kinda ehhh when it comes to him. He's overrated, and I can never really like the early favorite.

I am super annoyed that I missed him singing tonight because my DVR cut off though.

stellarchick86

[116]Apr 7, 2009
    • level: 32
    ^^Yeah, I saw it, and posted some comments about it, thanks! So I wont say too much here. Performance wise he reminds me of F.M. because of the..theatrical(?) aspects to it but when he does the faster screechy type stuff he reminds me of A.R. so I dont know. I guess either works for me lol. Like I said on the results thread, if he were to just stick to the slow stuff hed totally be my 2nd fave (after Allison, of course lol).

Wade3Gordon7

[117]Apr 10, 2009
    • level: 16

I don't get why people dislike Adam so much? I'm a straight heterosexual male, so I don't like him 'cause of his looks or anything. I think he's one of the best singers I've ever seen on American Idol. I'm always genuinely excited to see him perform, 'cause I know he brings excitement and something different every week.

Adam just has this strong presence and aura, he shows it whenever he sings and performs. He is original and unique in a good way. His theater background and experience really shows, with the great expressions and moves you see him do on stage. Vocals are brilliant, it really stands out, and reminds of classic rock stars, like Steven Tyler. There's just something about him that is true star quality, and I've never been this enthusiastic for a American Idol contestant ever.

I know there's rumours and stuff circling around the internet about his sexual preference, but I don't care about that. I'm just interested in the singer, not about his life. I admit, I don't really like and get the gothic look some people seem to like nowadays, but I won't hate or dislike them because of that.

Edited on 04/10/2009 9:11am

DILLIGAF7

[118]Apr 10, 2009
    90210rox wrote:

People are not used to a male being able to hit that high of notes that Adam can hit. So they automatically think that he's screeching or screaming or whatever when he's not. A girl can hit those notes, and people wouldn't think she was screaming. Adam is just unique in that way, one of few males that can hit notes that high and pull it off.

Oh please! Johnny Cash would've so gotten a kick out of Adam's performance. I have no doubt that he would've liked it; it is Johnny Cash.

And lastly, I don't care what gender he prefers. If I think a guy is hot, I am going to be thinking a guy is hot. And I think Adam is hot. Hell, he might not be gay he could be bi, he never outright said that he was gay But, is that really any of our business? And should we give a flipping fish? No. It is the 21st century, no one with half a brain really cares about sexuality anymore. Or at least they shouldn't.

No, when he sings faster songs he is screeching and yelling. When he sings slower songs and hits the high notes, they are nice.
    Just wish I can hear his voice and not his falsetto all the time.

For once I enjoyed an Adam performance. When he sang, "Mad World" it was really nice. The one part I didn't like was when he threw in a random "yeah."
    Really? Can't resist a yeah? xD
    I still don't think he should win. I can't imagine anyone who could blast his music anywhere. It's far too annoying.
    He will because "he's hot" and he'll get all the votes.

nickel2006

[119]Apr 11, 2009
    • level: 48
    DILLIGAF7 wrote:
    90210rox wrote:

No, when he sings faster songs he is screeching and yelling. When he sings slower songs and hits the high notes, they are nice.
    Just wish I can hear his voice and not his falsetto all the time.

For once I enjoyed an Adam performance. When he sang, "Mad World" it was really nice. The one part I didn't like was when he threw in a random "yeah."
    Really? Can't resist a yeah? xD
    I still don't think he should win. I can't imagine anyone who could blast his music anywhere. It's far too annoying.
    He will because "he's hot" and he'll get all the votes.

Agreed

vandita01

[120]Apr 15, 2009
    he is so talented and he is hot. it isn't a crime to have such amazing features, like his sparkling eyes, his perfect shining smile, his hypnotic voice, that sense of style:!. if ur a hater, u r crza. his sexuality isnt an advantage, it is just part af the package.