American Idol Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on FOXBetween Seasons

Bottom 3 (maybe spoilers)

WolfEyesofIce

[1]Mar 27, 2009
    • level: 20

So as i watched last nights results show something came across my mind: Do the producers create the bottom 3 around the person who gets the lowest votes?

With Alison last weeks and Matt this week, it seems like someone who shouldnt really be in the bottom 3 gets placed there. I mean i'm not necessarily a Matt fan but he was pretty good last night, and i am still a little shocked that Alison was in the bottom 3 last week. It just seems odd.....

What do you guys think?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

TreeHill_89

[2]Mar 27, 2009
    • level: 32
    I was shocked that Matt was in the bottom 2. He was one of the best, and again with Allison this week.

amaryllis88

[3]Mar 27, 2009
    • level: 20
    Well, it's quite interesting on how people vote for their fave contestants...it makes me wonder whether it's whether the judges' critique is too harsh, or maybe they picked the right/wrong outfit, or their overall look/feel, or if they chose the right song. I was surprised that Matt ended up in the bottom 3 because I think he did a really smooth job of the song, except of course his outfit was beggin' for an upgrade.

Monarch117

[4]Mar 27, 2009
    • level: 2
    Matt being in the bottom three isn't too unexpected. Don't get me wrong, he didn't deserve to be there. But currently he's a middle tier contestant who is splitting votes with Gokey, Kriss Allen, Michael (won't have this problem anymore)and Anoop. In addition, he went first...the first half hour got something like 21 million viewers, the last half hour got like 25m.

He'll probably "do an allison" and bounce back next week. People will be like "omg he didn't deserve it" and switch their votes from the aforementioned other singers to Matt. The producers will probably give him the pimp spot like Allison got too.

imthemediagirl

[5]Mar 28, 2009
    • level: 12
    WolfEyesofIce wrote:

So as i watched last nights results show something came across my mind: Do the producers create the bottom 3 around the person who gets the lowest votes?

With Alison last weeks and Matt this week, it seems like someone who shouldnt really be in the bottom 3 gets placed there. I mean i'm not necessarily a Matt fan but he was pretty good last night, and i am still a little shocked that Alison was in the bottom 3 last week. It just seems odd.....

What do you guys think?

yeah, sometimes i wonder if instead of putting up the real bottom 3 they do like a bottom 2 and a drama contestant, chosen as the best foil to the person really going home.

My_Dog_Misty

[6]Mar 28, 2009
    • level: 13
    I think that the show could definitely alter the results.

Like someone previously stated, by putting a great contestant in the bottom and barely making it through, they'll rebound and get even more votes.

If this is true, maybe Lil, Adam, or Danny will be in the bottom soon..