American Idol Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on FOXBetween Seasons

Can Somebody Please Tell Me

pamhalpert

[1]May 7, 2009
    • level: 14
    How Chris is still on this show?. His voice is average at best, I wouldn't pay a $5.00 cover charge to see him play at the local tavern, he thinks he's sexy, shall I go on??
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

tv_freakaziod

[2]May 8, 2009
    • level: 15
    pamhalpert wrote:
    How Chris is still on this show?. His voice is average at best, I wouldn't pay a $5.00 cover charge to see him play at the local tavern, he thinks he's sexy, shall I go on??
    NO...don't go on! Chris is still on this show cuz he's talented! That's how!!!!! And hell yeah he's sexy!!!

bonjovichick

[3]May 8, 2009
    • level: 16

You don't like him and that is your choice. There are apparently people who do like his voice and are voting for him. I think he is talented and he has become the person I would most like to see win. I just don't understnad why people have to start threads bashing people just because they don't happen to like them. There have been many idols that with my taste I don't see how they made it as far as they did......Ruben, Fantasia, Taylor, Katherine, Archie and I could go on. However I am not so full of myself to think that only my opinion matters and personally take it upon myself to diss the talent that does make it that far.

What do you gain by saying it? Make yourself feel better?

pamhalpert

[4]May 8, 2009
    • level: 14
    bonjovichick wrote:

You don't like him and that is your choice. There are apparently people who do like his voice and are voting for him. I think he is talented and he has become the person I would most like to see win. I just don't understnad why people have to start threads bashing people just because they don't happen to like them. There have been many idols that with my taste I don't see how they made it as far as they did......Ruben, Fantasia, Taylor, Katherine, Archie and I could go on. However I am not so full of myself to think that only my opinion matters and personally take it upon myself to diss the talent that does make it that far.

What do you gain by saying it? Make yourself feel better?

WOw!. You get to appoint yourself moderator, and editor. How cool is that!!
    Edited on 05/08/2009 8:38am

bonjovichick

[5]May 8, 2009

Simply saying what I thought. Just like you get to have an opinion and state it.....so do I.

stellarchick86

[6]May 8, 2009
    • level: 32
    I cant really speak on this thread because I like Kris more than Danny and dont understand why hes still on. But I wouldnt start a Danny bashing thread either.

XxIcingOnTopxX

[7]May 8, 2009
    • level: 11
    Hmmm, because he has the talent to get him on the show.
    and because he has supporters which back him up every week.

it's simple, he is still in because people adore him, voice or looks.

My_Dog_Misty

[8]May 8, 2009
    • level: 13
    As the judges would say, I think many Americans see him as a "likable" person.

Maxximus_Prime

[9]May 10, 2009
    • level: 8
    guess i'll interject my proverbial two cents. i think Kris is still on the show because the young female demographic thinks he's cute. for the most part, they're the ones frantically texting and calling in to vote. as the competition nears its climax, it becomes less about vocal ability and more about appearance and popularity... and let's face it. the most attractive person usually wins. if this competition was purely about vocals, Kris would have been in the bottom 3 almost every week. additionally, most older people don't care to vote. they view the show as a form of entertainment and don't take it any further than the television set. i've watched the show since its second season and i've never voted. the same goes with practically all of my friends.

bonjovichick

[10]May 11, 2009

I never voted until last year and I have been watching since season one. It was basically because I didn't want David Cook to be a Daughtry and I think a lot of people felt that way and why he had such a crushing win over Archie.

I can't decide overall if though I agree on why people vote and who wins. Kelly and Carrie were the most talented in their seasons and therefore the right people to have won. In every season (besides David Cook) there really weren't all that many talented people left in the final 3 and it was kind of like a crap shoot who should win and who you should vote for. Maybe Jordyn had some talent but most of the rest of them were pretty much a waste of a vote if you ask me.

However if anyone wants to say that the only reason I like Kris is that I am young... well I won't argue but while I had her pretty young it would be hard to explain my 18 year old daughter!