American Idol Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on FOXBetween Seasons

Did you always agree with past winners?

Bjbler2396

[21]Mar 10, 2009
    • level: 21

Season 1- Didn't watch, but probably Kelly if I would have

Season 2- NO WAY. I really liked Clay, and Ruben I never understood. He was a really boring singer honestly.

Season 3- NO WAY TIMES ONE MILLION! I was a HUGE Jennifer Hudson fan (Still am), and I never saw the appeal at all.

Season 4- Sort of. I LOVED Vonzell, and when she didn't make the finale I wanted Bo. However, I would buy a Carrie CD before a Bo CD. I do hate country though.

Season 5- NO WAY TIMES INFINITY! I will never, ever , ever, ever understand the appeal. EVER! I thought he was TERRIBLE!!!! I like Chris at the time (Not so much now though) and I really like Kat, and Elliott was very talented. How did Taylor beat them?

Season 6-Absolutely. The first season that I liked the winner and supported the winner. I didn't like Blake, and even Melinda bugged me a little bit. I like that Jordin won.

Season 7- Sort of. Between the Davids, absolutely. But I liked Carly and Jason so much, that I didn't like Cook for the entire season until the end. Looking back though, DC was very good.

-BJ

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Music4OurSouls

[22]Mar 10, 2009
    • level: 4

palari wrote:
    Didn't watch season1 but I think Kelly is awesome. Season 2 I don't care. Can't stand Fantasia, Carrie's not bad, I liked Taylor but don't think he is Idol material. I couldn't tell you what Jodin looks or sounds like. David Cook's season was great. Spotted him early and if I could have voted for him all season I would have.

Palari,

Thanks - great summary 4 me! Jordin sang strong notes, fairly pure attacks and, when appropriate, a few of those new millennium runs everybody's into these days. Pretty sure that's why she won - Broad appeal (no pun intended!) I was voting for Blake & Chris Richardson, so no defender of J - just an opinion.

Appreciate the COOK comment - Now, since you're probably closer to the same age, would you go over to Nickel (for Nickelback, I presume?) and explain......Oh, never mind - diversity of tastes is a good thing!

Music4OurSouls

[23]Mar 10, 2009

BJBLER:

Is that the old Allanis cover on your avatar? I miss Jagged Little Pill on the radio. That's all......................just saying. Wonder if she could mentor an AI week? She's writer/artist...could be productive!

nickel2006

[24]Mar 10, 2009
    • level: 48

mstheresa1969 wrote:
    nickel2006 wrote:
    The only winners I really like are Kelly and Jordin. Ruben is ok. I don't have an opinion on Fantasia or Taylor. I despise David Cook and Carrie.
    what are you smoking?

Right now, I'm smoking a steak. What are you smoking?

Edited on 03/10/2009 2:55pm

0bsess3d_luvv

[25]Mar 10, 2009
    • level: 7
    Season 1: Didn't watch, but I love Kelly's music.
    Season 2: Eh, I preferred Clay but I liked Ruben...but he just disappeared.
    Season 3: Didn't interest me, but I saw Fantasia's performance last season and I must say...YIKES!? How did she win!? It was dreadful.
    Season 4: I was a Bo girl.
    Season 5: Didn't watch, but I love Daughtry.
    Season 6: I barely watched but I liked Jordin from auditions, and I was happy when she won.
    Season 7: My favorite season ever. And my favorite winner ever! David Cook totally deserved to win, and David A totally deserved to make it to the final two. They were both amazing, and my American Idol favorites.

Bjbler2396

[26]Mar 10, 2009
    • level: 21
    Music4OurSouls wrote:

BJBLER:

Is that the old Allanis cover on your avatar? I miss Jagged Little Pill on the radio. That's all......................just saying. Wonder if she could mentor an AI week? She's writer/artist...could be productive!

Yes it is her cover for my favorite album Supposed Former Infatuation Junkie. I really like Jagged Little Pill too though as a close second. Alanis is my favorite singer ever, and I think it would be so awesome if there was an Alanis week.

-BJ

Music4OurSouls

[27]Mar 11, 2009

OBSESS3D,

Agree with your season faves.......always nice to agree w/someone on everything! ('specially after a couple of divorces....)

BJBLER,

Thanks for your reply! Funny thing is, after writing that, I went to the vault and I had that CD! GG, it's hell gettin' old! If they couldn't do a singular "Alanis" week, maybe they could do "Early 90's" or somesuch.

NICKEL,

Loved your smokin' retort. Now you're sounding like my son....and that's a good thing!

Have fun everyone.

ebony_kunoichi

[28]Mar 11, 2009
    • level: 13

Season 1:Kelly should have won. That was the a good choice America.

Season 2: I barely watched this season. I was annoyed by Rubeun and Clay. They were both just o.k, but Clay annoys me to no end.

Season 3: Didnt really watch this season. It was kinda boring, but I hate, hate hate Fantasia. She is not a good singer and is too over the top for me. She was a hot mess last year when she performed and she looks like a man.

Season 4: I hate country music, but Carrie Underwood has been successful so yeah she need to win.

Season 5: Watched it and was mad that old man grey hair won. What were you thinking America??? Daughty should have won. Goat boy and Mcphee were alright, but nothing special.

Season 6:This was a season of weirdo's. Chris Sligh, some blad dude and lots of other freaks. Jordin won, but her music is just o.k. but she is pretty popular.

Season 7: I got so annoyed by the David vs. David thing. I cant stand Archeluta! David Cook deserved to win, but I havent heard any of his cd.

palari

[29]Mar 11, 2009
    • level: 1
    Music4OurSouls wrote:

Appreciate the COOK comment - Now, since you're probably closer to the same age, would you go over to Nickel (for Nickelback, I presume?) and explain......Oh, never mind - diversity of tastes is a good thing!

HaHa...I was always more Nirvana than Nickelback but Chad's got a good set of pipes. And yes diversity is good, necessary and healthy.

nickel2006

[30]Mar 12, 2009
    Music4OurSouls wrote:

OBSESS3D,

Agree with your season faves.......always nice to agree w/someone on everything! ('specially after a couple of divorces....)

BJBLER,

Thanks for your reply! Funny thing is, after writing that, I went to the vault and I had that CD! GG, it's hell gettin' old! If they couldn't do a singular "Alanis" week, maybe they could do "Early 90's" or somesuch.

NICKEL,

Loved your smokin' retort. Now you're sounding like my son....and that's a good thing!

Have fun everyone.

Thanks

I don't like Nickelback if that's what you were saying before

Music4OurSouls

[31]Mar 13, 2009
    Nickel:

That's what I get for using my rusty P.I. skills!

Who DO you like? I'm always up to learn about any good music regardless of genre or whether it makes it to V*1.

PropsToRyan

[32]Mar 13, 2009
    • level: 3
    well yes i do! i thank fantasya is teh collest of all! on the inside we are all wienners!

PropsToRyan

[34]Mar 13, 2009
    nickel2006 wrote:

mstheresa1969 wrote:
    nickel2006 wrote:
    The only winners I really like are Kelly and Jordin. Ruben is ok. I don't have an opinion on Fantasia or Taylor. I despise David Cook and Carrie.
    what are you smoking?

Right now, I'm smoking a steak. What are you smoking?

Well im smoken some salmon and beaf!

nickel2006

[35]Mar 14, 2009
    Music4OurSouls wrote:
    Nickel:

Who DO you like? I'm always up to learn about any good music regardless of genre or whether it makes it to V*1.

I listen to music that people on this board probably hate lol. I like a lot of different genres, rap, R&B, pop, rock. I like a lot of the "Top 40"

PropsToRyan

[36]Mar 14, 2009
    nickel2006 wrote:
    Music4OurSouls wrote:
    Nickel:

I listen to music that people on this board probably hate lol. I like a lot of different genres, rap, R&B, pop, rock. I like a lot of the "Top 40"

you is so cool! i leike that too i also lieke the contray and i wants to be a cop

Butterflyagirl

[37]Mar 14, 2009
    • level: 8
    I started watching in season 2 because of Kelly Clarkson. I like her a lot.

Season 2: I was rooting for him and I was really happy he won. I thought he was going to have a better career.

Season 3: The judges were crazy for Fantasia but I never completly like her. The music she did after the show was AWFUL.

Season 4: I liked Bo a lot more than Carrie and I didn't like that she won at the time. But her music won me over, I love all her songs and her attitude!

Season 5: I agree with everyone. Chris should have won or at least Katherine, Pickler or Elliot. I still can't believe how someone as boring and less talented like Taylor won.

Season 6: I was so dissapointed with season 5 that I didn't watch this season.

Season 7: Big fan of David Cook since day one. I was so happy he won. Archuleta was a very nice kid but there wasn't anything special about him. My only regret it's how soon was Michael Johns eliminated. I was also a big Brooke White fan.

challista

[38]Mar 14, 2009
    • level: 2

Season 1: YES! She's awesome!
    Season 2: Nope
    Season 3: Icky! I didn't like either one of the two finalist!
    Season 4: YES! I LOVE Carrie Underwood!
    Season 5: Taylor was okay, I'm glad it wasn't Katherine McPhee, bleck! I can't stand her!
    Season 6: Ehh, Jordin's pretty cool, but I'm not a huge fan. I liked her & Blake so I didn't really care who won.
    Season 7: Yeah, he's cool

Music4OurSouls

[39]Mar 15, 2009

Butterflyagirl wrote:
    I started watching in season 2 because of Kelly Clarkson. I like her a lot. Season 3: The judges were crazy for Fantasia but I never completely liked her. The music she did after the show was AWFUL. Season 5: I agree with everyone. Chris should have won or at least Katherine, Pickler or Elliot. I still can't believe how someone as boring and less talented like Taylor won. Season 6: I was so dissapointed with season 5 that I didn't watch this season. Season 7: Big fan of David Cook since day one.

Hey, Butterfly -

Good points. I don't know what Fantasia was thinking on that song she did on Idol as a guest. Wasn't that S. 7? Do ya'll remember Simon's face?#! I'm one of the guilty ***** ya'll can blame for Taylor's win. Just jumped on that "he's so likeable wagon" and couldn't jump off. He's got a new CD due or just out. Maybe he'll still surprise us musically. I love what I've seen out of Pickler. She DID surprise me. COOK....don't even get me started. What a diversity of talent.

Season 6 was by general consensus not that great. But, there were some great moments. You should google Melinda Doolittle & Chris Richardson (maybe..idk 4 sure what he's put out there) & definitely Blake Lewis. You've probably caught Jordin all around. She's doing fairly well & can definitely sing.

As for DAUGHTRY....I'm in the DAUGHTRYAREHOT Group elsewhere in Forum World. If you want to get to know lots of Daughtry fans, PM me and I'll get ya a ticket.

Later !

Edited on 03/15/2009 8:31am

angelorphan

[40]Feb 14, 2012
    • level: 2

Hello from noob poster in Japan.

(sorry about bumping,here in japan,season 11 just began to aired.)

I didn't watch 1-6..

S7 I agree,and David A is also good.and they're both fits this show.personally,I'm big Josiah Leming fan,since 2008(and going),

but I didn't hoped him to be winner.far from his style.

S8 Kris Allen's "heartless"was so good,but now I know him only as a person who tweets funny.Should be Adam Lambert.He knows "show".

S9Lee DeWyze is my favorite type singer,(even not a big fan),and I guess,It's not always good to be "idol" for this type of singer.

S10....sorry,I forgot to watch

11 just began here.

Edited on 02/14/2012 5:06am
    Edited 3 total times.