TV.com will be making changes to the Private Message system the week of Jan 26, 2015. For more information click here

American Idol Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on FOXIn Season

Final 4 decided by the producers already !??

glsoerl

[1]Mar 18, 2009
    • level: 4

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2009/03/17/2009-03-17_american_idol_chatter_foursees_finalists.html

From the article;

" One of the hit show's staffers is running around telling anyone who'll listen that the team of producers and judges has already picked the final four contestants - despite the fact that 11 kids are still battling to be the latest pop star"

Read the article to find out which 4 it is...

Not sure I believe this to be true, but stranger things have happened......

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

stellarchick86

[2]Mar 18, 2009
    • level: 32
    Hmm..interesting. Well as long as it isnt Megan! lol jk. I kinda figured that those 4 would be it anyway so I dont really mind. I may switched out Allison for Alexis though depending on the week and what not.

ebony_kunoichi

[3]Mar 18, 2009
    • level: 13
    I belive those comments are planted. Alexis will be going home this week for sure IMO

90210rox

[4]Mar 18, 2009
    • level: 14
    I don't listen to things like this. We choose the Top 4, and I'd like it to stay that way.

sylent_asassin

[5]Mar 18, 2009
    • level: 26
    I saw that on the news last night. According to them, Danny, Alexis, Adam adn Lil will be the final four. Since there's only one save, I hardly see that being the case. It sounds like the ploy of some shock jock trying to stir things up.

ebony_kunoichi

[6]Mar 18, 2009
    I dont belive this story, but i've always thought that AI has been up to something and that votes arent really counted like they should. why dont we see how many votes went to each contestant and why isnt AI listed as a game show? If it was a game show then legally it couldnt be fixed, but it is billed as entertainment.

taillow22

[7]Mar 18, 2009
    • level: 11

Well, we'll just have to wait and see.

Btw... HORRIBLE top 4.

all4dogs

[8]Mar 18, 2009
    • level: 6

*** BEGIN RANT ***

Of course the show is fixed. I see the judges diss someone who just rocked out their performance. I find it hard to believe that they are tone deaf, but rather coached by the producers. Lately, they are harping on Alexis. IMHO, the girl does a much better job than Scott or Michael or Megan or Matt. But the judges apparently mistake her confidence for arrogance and they like to slap her down. On the other hand, Megan doesn't deserve the praise she's been receiving. The producers like her because she's camera friendly.Scott sucks, but he gets tons of praise too---because he's blind. And, they clearly love Danny because he's got a sob story and is "family friendly."

*** END RANT ***

In spite of the fact I think the show is fixed, I still love the entertainment value!

Ooops...I accidently put Matt on my rant list. This guy is super talented. I like Matt!
    Edited on 03/19/2009 9:07am

stellarchick86

[9]Mar 18, 2009
    • level: 32
    All4dogs, I totally agree with everything you said. Not 100% on the Danny thing though because I can see them pimping him out anyway but the rest/it being fixed/yes.

dool_girl

[10]Mar 18, 2009
    • level: 27
    Ya maybe they dont have any control over the voting but I definitly think the judges are told who to give praise for the night and who to not...bc ya Megan to me last nite was no better or worse then she has been the last few weeks..

sylent_asassin

[11]Mar 18, 2009
    More often than not, the judges seem to have the Lemming effect on each other; they mirror each other's critique in order to sway the viewers opinions. I honestly don't know what they were listening to when they gave Megan Joy high praise on her performance. It was mediocre at best.

titiembe

[12]Mar 18, 2009
    • level: 44
    I might've liked that final four actually, too bad Alexis had to go home

90210rox

[13]Mar 18, 2009
    • level: 14
    A fourth of their supposed Top 4 just left before the Top 10. It's strange she left, anyway, at least to me.

ebony_kunoichi

[14]Mar 19, 2009
    all4dogs wrote:

*** BEGIN RANT ***

Of course the show is fixed. I see the judges diss someone who just rocked out their performance. I find it hard to believe that they are tone deaf, but rather coached by the producers. Lately, they are harping on Alexis. IMHO, the girl does a much better job than Scott or Michael or Megan or Matt. But the judges apparently mistake her confidence for arrogance and they like to slap her down. On the other hand, Megan doesn't deserve the praise she's been receiving. The producers like her because she's camera friendly.Scott sucks, but he gets tons of praise too---because he's blind. And, they clearly love Danny because he's got a sob story and is "family friendly."

*** END RANT ***

In spite of the fact I think the show is fixed, I still love the entertainment value!

OOh I agree all the way. That's why I have said that Adam doesnt have a snowballs chance in you know where of winning. Have you also noticed that there is an overwhelming amount of christian singers, chior leaders, youth leaders and etc on American Idol? Not that being a christian is bad, but I find it kinda odd that that many fundies are on one show out of thousands that have auditioned. They know what kinda of person they are looking for. They want good sob stories and American Heroes instead of American Idol singers.

all4dogs

[15]Mar 19, 2009
    • level: 6
    ebony_kunoichi wrote:
    all4dogs wrote:

*** BEGIN RANT ***

*** END RANT ***

OOh I agree all the way. That's why I have said that Adam doesnt have a snowballs chance in you know where of winning. Have you also noticed that there is an overwhelming amount of christian singers, chior leaders, youth leaders and etc on American Idol? Not that being a christian is bad, but I find it kinda odd that that many fundies are on one show out of thousands that have auditioned. They know what kinda of person they are looking for. They want good sob stories and American Heroes instead of American Idol singers.

I totally agree with the you. American Idol is a "family" show. So, the producers to pick contestants that fit their family/religious profile. You can even tell that some contestants are coached on how to behave and what to say. It's very weird in that regard. I like irreverence, as a fact, I thrive on it. It would be nice to see more of it on the show!

amaryllis88

[16]Mar 19, 2009
    • level: 20
    all4dogs wrote:
    I totally agree with the you. American Idol is a "family" show. So, the producers to pick contestants that fit their family/religious profile. You can even tell that some contestants are coached on how to behave and what to say. It's very weird in that regard. I like irreverence, as a fact, I thrive on it. It would be nice to see more of it on the show!

No wonder a lot of the contestants have kids and/or married. My sis and I were remarking on that the other day, how a lot of them have kids this season. (Although Matt's sobbing confession about what his daughter had said to him the other night, that was sad, I'll have to admit that)

sylent_asassin

[17]Mar 19, 2009
    amaryllis88 wrote:

No wonder a lot of the contestants have kids and/or married. My sis and I were remarking on that the other day, how a lot of them have kids this season. (Although Matt's sobbing confession about what his daughter had said to him the other night, that was sad, I'll have to admit that)

That was actually a heart-tugging moment, but everything on AI is so contrived that I wouldn't be surprised if he was in on the entire segment. AI producers would do anything for maximum ratings and make a point to go out of their way to convey how many millions of votes were tallied.

amaryllis88

[18]Mar 19, 2009
    • level: 20
    sylent_asassin wrote:

That was actually a heart-tugging moment, but everything on AI is so contrived that I wouldn't be surprised if he was in on the entire segment. AI producers would do anything for maximum ratings and make a point to go out of their way to convey how many millions of votes were tallied.

I don't exactly know how I'm coming up with the similarities, but it kinda reminds me of Hell's Kitchen, the way they splice their scenes together, they go for maximum ratings...or the way people say things, come off as possibly arrogant, or distasteful (no pun intended), or just the way it's edited...ya know?

diable666

[19]Mar 19, 2009
    • level: 2
    If you could see the votes. you would know who wins the contest after a few weeks only. So, i think it isn't fixed. But they are pimping some of them ans dissing some others. that is the way , i think, it is kind of fixed,lol.

bonjovichick

[20]Mar 19, 2009
    • level: 16

I don't really know if it is fixed and I think sometimes the judges realize they went down the wrong track with someone or they are tipped off to the results before hand. Last year finale they all were practically raving and handing it to Archie. I was sitting there trying to figure out how they could be thinking that. Then on the red carpet before the show Simon admits that "after rewatching" the show he might of been wrong. So did he really rewatch the show and change his mind or did he realize how stupid they would look after he found out that the vote wasn't even close and that David Cook was going to be the winner.

It really made me wonder... how they could of sat there and thought Archie was so good and David Cook wasn't when I saw it the other way around ...... or were they told they needed to prop Archie that night. So the next day was Simon saving face or having a real moment of clarity?