American Idol Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on FOXIn Season

Guest Judges For Season 9

RyanSeacrest

[1]Aug 22, 2009
    • level: 30
    Due to the loss of Paula Abdul, Season 9 will feature guest celebrity judges during the audition process, these celebs include Victoria "Posh Spice" Beckham, Shania Twain, Mary J Blige, Joe Jonas, Kelly Clarkson, & Katy Perry.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

dool_girl

[2]Aug 23, 2009
    • level: 27
    Im actually really excited about alot of these guest judges!

stellarchick86

[3]Aug 24, 2009
    • level: 32
    Im excited about the guest judges because most of those people can actually sing (*cough* unlike Paula Abdul *cough*). The only one Im nervous about is Joe Jonas haha but its only for 1 week so I can suck it up. I didnt realize that the judges were for only the audtion processes I thought it was for the whole season so Im glad for that as well! =)

taillow22

[4]Aug 24, 2009
    • level: 11
    Kelly Clarkson has made a full circle, lol. Becuase she knows how it feels like to audition, she will probably be the best

dool_girl

[5]Aug 26, 2009
    ^ Yes agree Kelly will do AWESOME! Im very excited for her. And I agree Im a bit nervous about Joe Jonas...I personally cant stand Joe Jonas lol but like you said its just one week thank goodness! Im excited for Posh and Katy Perry too. Actually pretty much everyone but Joe hah!

dixie-bears

[6]Sep 12, 2009
    • level: 1
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    Im excited about the guest judges because most of those people can actually sing (*cough* unlike Paula Abdul *cough*). The only one Im nervous about is Joe Jonas haha but its only for 1 week so I can suck it up. I didnt realize that the judges were for only the audtion processes I thought it was for the whole season so Im glad for that as well! =)
    I still think that Paula should be on American Idol. I will watch the first and if Ellen is on it will turn to something else.I loved Simon and Paula together! Thanks

dixie-bears

[7]Sep 12, 2009
    • level: 1
    RyanSeacrest wrote:
    Due to the loss of Paula Abdul, Season 9 will feature guest celebrity judges during the audition process, these celebs include Victoria "Posh Spice" Beckham, Shania Twain, Mary J Blige, Joe Jonas, Kelly Clarkson, & Katy Perry.
    I do not know if my other went trough so here goes;I pray for the people that are trying to make their dreams come true but if Paula and Simon are not both on after the first show I will find something.Nothing against Ellen but for some reason I don't watch her daytime show and she is saying to me I am nut's when she said she did not want to hurt Paula. I am old enough to see what a great team Simon and Paula are? By the way; how much are you paying her?LOOK OUT SIMON AND GOOD LUCK you are going to need it! HA!

stellarchick86

[8]Sep 12, 2009
    ^^Um, what the heck is your problem with Ellen? They needed a judge and obviously they thought she was a good match, so she took it, LONG after Paula quit/got fired/whatever. She was NOT trying to squeeze her out of a job. If you dont like Ellen as person thats one thing and cant say anything more on that but in regards to AI she did nothing more wrong than Katy Perry, Victoria Beckham, etc who were supposed to originally be judges before they decided to have a permanent 4th judge.

Krevlornemem

[9]Sep 24, 2009
    • level: 4
    I actually like Ellen for this position.

leeseygirl

[10]Sep 25, 2009
    • level: 46
    I'm excited about Joe Jonas being a guest judge, but it could be just because I'm a huge Jonas fan. But honestly, if there were a Jonas guest judge I would pick Nick because he seems to have a little more of the technical knowledge than Joe. I'm also excited for Katy Perry, she's so cool. I'm also excited about Ellen's new position on the show. She is really funny and I can see her as making this show twice as fun as Paula.

tbys1980

[11]Sep 28, 2009
    • level: 15
    I like the fact that Victoria Beckham, Mary J. Blige, and Kelly Clarkson are gonna be judges. They have been in the music industry for a while now. I think you should have to have been a performer for more than 5 years to be a guest judge.

kikimarie593

[12]Oct 7, 2009
    Neil Patrick Harris and Avril Lavigne are also going to be guest judges, which I'm super excited about because I'm huge fans of both. Also looking forward to Ellen being a judge - She's awesome.

ebony_kunoichi

[13]Oct 9, 2009
    • level: 13

i dont mind the guest judges. I just dont want them to be wusses. I hate that. I want real critiques not just, "oh that was great" for every performance. Ellen Degeneres is a horrible judge!

Maxximus_Prime

[14]Oct 25, 2009
    • level: 8
    As long as they bring something extra to the show, I won't have a problem with the guests... well, as long as they don't pull any of that Paula "You're a star" nonsense.

stellarchick86

[15]Nov 5, 2009
    I think Ellen will be good because she will fill in that "nice judge" role that Paula had but give ACTUAL critiques, unlike Paula. Ive been looking forward to Paula being off for a long time, so I have no problem with this! The only thing that will be weird is not having the Simon/Paula banter anymore. I guess they will just have to have more Simon/Ryan banter now LOL.

LTWind

[16]Jan 27, 2010
    • level: 2
    Katy Perry was the best so far by a long shot. It was great to see someone actually have an opinion and not be scared to voice it. It was especially nice to see the moron Kara get put in her place.

taillow22

[17]Feb 1, 2010
    • level: 11
    LTWind wrote:
    Katy Perry was the best so far by a long shot. It was great to see someone actually have an opinion and not be scared to voice it. It was especially nice to see the moron Kara get put in her place.

I think Katy was tied in second with NPH. They're both behind Shania

tbys1980

[18]Feb 2, 2010
    • level: 15
    RyanSeacrest wrote:
    What happened to Kelly Clarkson? The description for tonights episode says Victoria Beckham returns.

Voo_Bopo

[19]Feb 3, 2010
    • level: 9
    I would say Joe Jonas was the worst. Even though he was only on for half an hour, he didn't say much at all.

Kristen Chenoweth is the most musically knowledgeable of the guest judges. It's a shame she wasn't on long.

Peggy_Porcupine

[20]Feb 12, 2010
    • level: 13

stellarchick86 wrote:
    The only thing that will be weird is not having the Simon/Paula banter anymore. I guess they will just have to have more Simon/Ryan banter now LOL.

Oh their banter is so lame, so forced, so grating. They - especially Ryan - try to hard. I enjoy a little bantering - as among friends - but ....

Edited on 02/12/2010 5:54pm