American Idol Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on FOXIn Season

Judges?

DILLIGAF7

[1]May 8, 2009
    • level: 4

Is it me or are the judges playing favorites, or should I say ONE FAVORITE?

Everytime I hear the judges comments it's always the same. Adam performs, You are amazing, a rock god, and they are all enthuisiastic.
    But when it comes time for everyone else's critiques, it's all the same. It was good, but not great. And all that. It's like they don't even care about the others. They have their winner in their head and could give a damn about anyone else.

I wonder how that makes the other contestants feel? When they hear all the praise for Adam and they get nothing.
    They should be critiquing the performance and not whether someone is a "rock god"(he's not...too many people way better than him), or the winner of the competition already. Ughh.

Rant over!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

lqdcrct

[2]May 8, 2009
    • level: 1
    I imagine that to be a judge, one must also be a good talent scout. Really good talent scouts have an uncanny and innate ability to spot people who have a lot of potential (as later evidenced by their performances and success). However, being scouted does give one a certain boost and certainly there is a ton of talent that is simply left undiscovered due to geographic/economic/social divides. Still, I don't think having a favorite is the same as playing favorites. It should be acceptable to voice one's preference in this kind of environment because it is a show specifically geared for selection and exclusion based on one's personal judgements (in combination with those of the audience). This is a competition, not a family unit. It should not be expected that the judges hold their tongues when presented with such an outstanding star, simply to keep those stars who shine less brightly from feeling ignored or dismissed. In testing my own scouting skills, I had picked Adam at the begining of the season to win and haven't bothered until this week to check to see how he's fared since. I'm glad to see he's doing well and I do hope he wins, but only because I would like to see that my scouting skills are still on target. Lighten up. It's not like this is a group of siblings competing for their parent's love and attention.

XxIcingOnTopxX

[3]May 8, 2009
    • level: 11
    I think judges are just like us, they can have their own opinion. but when your a judge, please be professional and not be biased. They affect voting all the time because kids will be like, " Oh well Paula says he rocked so he MUST be good"

stellarchick86

[4]May 8, 2009
    • level: 32
    [QUOTE="XxIcingOnTopxX"]They affect voting all the time because kids will be like, " Oh well Paula says he rocked so he MUST be good"[/QUOTE

Exactly! Also, yes I do believe they are much more biased towards Adam than anyone else, but I do believe they are pretty biased with Danny as well. They were also pretty biased towards Megan until the end there where things got crazy. Everyone else had to really work for the judges affection in any amount.

DILLIGAF7

[5]May 9, 2009
    XxIcingOnTopxX wrote:
    I think judges are just like us, they can have their own opinion. but when your a judge, please be professional and not be biased. They affect voting all the time because kids will be like, " Oh well Paula says he rocked so he MUST be good"

That's exactly what I think. It's a bit much. They should be a bit more professional at times, well at least some of them. *Cough*Kara and Paula*Cough*

Maxximus_Prime

[6]May 10, 2009
    • level: 8
    this is no secret. the judges have shown bias for years. last year it was Archuleta and until the finale, it seemed to have influenced the voting audience. No matter what he did, the judges were all over his jock with praise and admiration... and this was even when he forgot the lyrics to a song. anyone else would have been crucified.

this year, the judges have chosen Adam as their favorite but this year it seems to be the correct choice. he's head and shoulders better than everyone else.

Blixke

[7]May 14, 2009

Maxximus_Prime wrote:
    this is no secret. the judges have shown bias for years. last year it was Archuleta and until the finale, it seemed to have influenced the voting audience. No matter what he did, the judges were all over his jock with praise and admiration... and this was even when he forgot the lyrics to a song. anyone else would have been crucified. this year, the judges have chosen Adam as their favorite but this year it seems to be the correct choice. he's head and shoulders better than everyone else.

two heads even

numbr1alli

[8]May 23, 2009
    • level: 3

I AGREE TOTALLY "GILLIGAF7." They are SUPPOSED to be judges. Fact is, the richer they get, the less they care of what other people think, or feel. Simon. He could care less, as long as HE is on the spot light. Paula Abdul, her face and eyes told the story about Adam:before he started singing-lol- she had already judged him genius. It was all too obvious. Too evident. So unfair, so tasteless. Paula and sometimes Kara, judged with their heart and feelings, and not with ear and thought. All too obvious.

So, no, they did not judge proper or right this year, hardly. It was one big game to them, and they did not care one bit. They only cared for Adam. And Adam was not great. When Paula compared Adam with Jagger and Tyler, and called him a genius, it was after that(top ten or twelve...)that the judges seemed afraid to ctiticize him. It was not talent that got Adam far, it was the judges delirius state of mind, the fear to offend Tyler or Jagger. Adam ruined Zeppelin, Cash, U2, AerrowSmith, and his Mad World (in fact all his songs) sounded like a Musical. Rediculous. This guy should NOT have been praised as he was.

Judges? So funny. These R celebreties who wanted part of the game. Celebrities or known names who wanted to be on tv constantly. Judges? LOTS OF FRIGGIN LAUGHS. Adam's screechieness, and flat-castrati-like tones, were too redundant, and so annoying. He can sing, but only in musicals. The "judges"-lol-got it wrong with Adam. It should have been Allison, Matt or Danny. Or even Megan and Alexis.

stellarchick86

[9]May 23, 2009
    • level: 32
    I was watching Larry King last night and the top 10 were on there and Ryan was interviewing (instead of Larry for whatever reason lol) and he asked Danny if he thought by praising Adam all the time if it helped him and bla bla and he said no by praising Adam all the time it probably helped Kris because then people may feel like Kris is more of an underdog, feel sorry for him, and vote for him (he was being kinda a sore loser last night). He asked Paula the same thing and she was just sort of like at a loss for words like "well mayyyybe it helped Adam but I dont know..." with a big smirk on her face like give me a break you know what you did wrong. He asked Adam and Kris the same thing but I forgot what they said.