American Idol Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on FOXBetween Seasons

Kara is working a nerve.

Is Kara getting on your nerves?

usagi500

[1]Apr 4, 2009
    • level: 3

OK i tried to have an open mind at the beginning of the season, but Kara getting more and more annoying every week. I feel as though she doesn't fit in with the other judges. There is 0 chemistry. It seems like the the other 3 are ignoring her most of the time. You know Paula use to be kinda of the annoying one, but i appreciate her much more this year. Kara seems to often just repeat or feed off what the other judges say. and she she tries to be hard she just gets real nasty and sounds like a complete you know what. i feel as though she's trying to be the female Simon. I seriously hope AI doesn't keep her for next year. I think Kara was unnecessary add.im all open to change. but i think this was a bad change for AI.

I miss it just being the 3 of them.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

xX-Linda-Xx

[2]Apr 4, 2009
    • level: 11
    You know what....

You are so right!!!

kikimarie593

[3]Apr 4, 2009
    • level: 27
    I can't stand Kara. I'm so tired of her saying the same exact thing to the same exact people every single week! Paula annoys me a lot too though, with her dancing and clapping when people are singing. There are people sitting behind her, maybe they want to see the show too!

ShyXena

[4]Apr 4, 2009
    I actually like her! Well, that's maybe because I like all the American Idol judges.

amaryllis88

[5]Apr 4, 2009
    • level: 20
    I'm kind of torn on whether I like Kara or not, I like her and then I don't like her one bit. She does seem to just repeat what a lot of the other judges say, especially Randy, maybe it's because she sits right next to him? She's become part of Randy's aura, and whatever he's thinking and forgot to say, Kara picks up on it, and spews it from her mouth? At first, I thought maybe it'd be a good addition, to have another judge on there, but I'd rather it go back to the original 3. Sometimes, she doesn't make a whole lot of sense, and that's meant towards Kara, not Paula, Paula makes her own kind of sense, sometimes. But the ramblings that come out of Kara's mouth seem inane, or pointless, and doesn't really ADD anything to what the other judges say/critique.

nickel2006

[6]Apr 4, 2009
    • level: 48
    Yes. to be honest I usually tune out when she judges. All she does is repeat what Randy says most of the time. I agree. The other judges don't seem to acknowledge her.

stellarchick86

[7]Apr 4, 2009
    • level: 32
    I dont know, shes not great but I still think Paula is the annoying one. Kara may repeat what the other judges are saying sometimes or repeat what she had said the week before, but at least she gives somewhat good criticism other than how they look, or what theyre wearing or how they "shine tonight" like Paula does.

TreeHill_89

[8]Apr 5, 2009
    I didn't think that they needed a fourth judge but i don't mind her.

taillow22

[9]Apr 5, 2009

You know, I think they brought Kara to the show for a couple reasons.

1. To replace the quickly fading Paula Abdul

2. To keep Paula and Simon in line

3. To offer some new advice, to bring something new to the show

And she completely fails at all of them. I also think they will keep Paula, seeing as she's the only judge who offers good advice (when she's not being drawn upon :/ )

Bjbler2396

[10]Apr 6, 2009
    • level: 21

She doesn't bug me. However, her voice does. She sounds like a kindergarten teacher. Her voice raises an octave because she's trying to be nice but it is really annoying.

-BJ

idjitlovers

[11]Apr 6, 2009
    • level: 8

She's ANNOYING.

Ever since she came on to the show, you feel that AI is less of a singing competition, and more of a package artist pageant. I mean, it has always been like that, true, but before it's only Simon who's unashamedly taking the commercial perspective. Paula and Randy are quick to defend artistry and having 'fun' against blatant commercialization. Now ugh...hearing the phrase package artist is annoying. She's over-the-top with an identity crisis. She's like a wanna be Paula-Simon-Randy. Which is sad cause she's actually the only one who can sing in that panel and therefore the only one with the credibility to judge.

ebony_kunoichi

[12]Apr 6, 2009
    • level: 13
    I want another Simon on the show, Kara is just another skirt to add to the chaos. Randy is pointless, Paula is drunk, and kara is one of those people that tries to say importantt stuff but ends up looking like an idiot. I fast forward past all of their comments and just listen to Simon.

stellarchick86

[13]Apr 6, 2009
    ebony_kunoichi wrote:
    I want another Simon on the show, Kara is just another skirt to add to the chaos. Randy is pointless, Paula is drunk, and kara is one of those people that tries to say importantt stuff but ends up looking like an idiot. I fast forward past all of their comments and just listen to Simon.

Exactly! And thats why I dont understand those who dont find Simon to be important but yet Paula to be.

sylent_asassin

[14]Apr 6, 2009
    • level: 26
    Kara was added to the show to diffuse and detract from Paula's haywire antics and bring balance to the sausage party. She was inserted to be a female that makes sense as opposed to Paula saying, "You're beautiful" and "You're a star." More often than not, Kara acts like a Lemming to Randy and Simon's critiques but since she's pretty I can tolerate her. The only real issue I have with her is she tries too hard to etch her place onto the show instead of letting it flow and become a natural progression. Instead of offering constructive criticism, it's more like she's saying, "Look at me, everybody! I said something relevant!"

My_Dog_Misty

[15]Apr 6, 2009
    • level: 13
    Like Megan's Brother shouting while she was talking, she's a "broken-record"

skellington8

[16]Apr 7, 2009
    • level: 10

I hated her since the beginning. She adds nothing to the show whatsoever.

I hope FOX and Fremantle Media has some sense next season to get rid of her next season.

Paula actually started judging people this year instead of saying that she liked every performance.

Monarch117

[17]Apr 7, 2009
    • level: 2
    To be honest I find Paula taking a year to get a sentence out alot more annoying. Seriously, Paula's head just isn't "right" this season. Although Paula was the only one to give any non-clothing relating feedback to Allison last week so she's currently my fave judge

Simon just seems to not care anymore. Randy is the opposite, it's me who doesn't care about him. For me, for him he just kinda, you know man, talks kinda off sometimes for me, but otherwise he's dope!

allmylenny

[18]Apr 7, 2009
    • level: 1
    kara is just as useless as paula lol. but thats what paula is for in the show. paula is the nice one with the not so constructive criticism. paula is the kind grandma that spoils her grandkids with sweets. paula basically rounds out the group. kara adds nothing to the mix because there isn't anything else to round out. paula is the sweet one. simon is the ahole and randy is right smack in the middle. if they want to add something, they should add someone who will rival simon. that would be less boring lol.

imthemediagirl

[19]Apr 7, 2009
    • level: 12
    sylent_asassin wrote:
    Instead of offering constructive criticism, it's more like she's saying, "Look at me, everybody! I said something relevant!"

yeah, youre so right, she just wants a spotlight on herself to prove somehow that shes worthy of being "the fourth judge", which actually detracts from her.

HappyGirl818

[20]Apr 7, 2009
    • level: 10

Uh! Kara annoys me so much!

I didn't mind her during the auditions, but ever since the live shows began I haven't been able to stand her more and more. It doesn't work with 4 judges because it takes them too long to speak (evident tonight given the fact that I missed Adam Lamberts performance because they went like 10 minutes over!) Her presence there is pointless, they didn't need a fourth judge, it just takes up more time. Plus I hate how she over emphasizes things when she's trying to make a point. It's just like we get it your saying something important.

When Paula talks it can be a little painful sometimes, but I find her never ending rants to be sort of a staple of the show. Simon is my favorite judge because he just says it like it is, and I like the little bickering that goes on between him and Paula. Randy is almost as pointless as Kara, I swear he just recycles lines but he's needed to keep the balance.

I hope they just go back to the original 3 next season!