American Idol Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on FOXBetween Seasons

kris allen could actually beat gokey and lambert

yaminion

[1]Apr 16, 2009
    • level: 23
    at the start of the top 36, i really did not know who kris was. i did remember him from white chocolate and we got to see his audition for a second but i pretty much thought he had no chance since he was not shown as much as danny scott or michael. then he performed man in the mirror and i thought to myself he could be a real darkhorse in this competition. after seeing the whole top 36 i said that adam and danny will be the final 2 although i still thought kris was good there was so much buzz about adam danny and lil back then and there was also talk about anoop because of what happened with the whole top 13 thing. i dont know what happened to anoops fanbase. he performed mj week and i was thinking he wont last that long. maybe top 8 or 7 at most. then he sang to make you feel my love and i thought it was a great performance but i still thouyght will he ever get to top 5 and then i thought no way. there was too much buzz about adam danny anoop and matt on country week. he then sang how sweet it is to be loved by you and i thought to myself wow he is really growing in this competition but top 5 seemed too far away for him. then after that he sang aint no sunshine and that is where i began to believe kris would make the top 5 maybe even top 3 but i didnt think he would make the finale.whwn he sang all she wants to do is dance i was thinking to myself kris may leave but when he avoided the bottom 3 i was like he has a HUGE fanbase. then this week he gave one of the best performances of the entire season when he sang falling slowly. i believe he did outperform danny this week and he was just as good as adam. i think kris could win if he continues to do good. i think he is gonna be in the top 4 for sure. i was so glad when simon called him brilliant. i think lil and anoop will leave next week and matt or allison the week after that. i like allison and think she is doing great but i dont think she has that big of a fanbase as some of the others. do you agree that kris could beat gokey and lambert and win the whole competition.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

imthemediagirl

[2]Apr 16, 2009
    • level: 12
    not really. top 3 maybe. but adam is a favorite and i think you may be underestimating the fanbases of danny & allison.

diable666

[3]Apr 16, 2009
    • level: 2

Danny is always at top or near it in votes(dial-idol).

Kris is my second favorite after Adam, but he is in trouble. He doesn't get a lot of votes lately(dial-idol). so let's hope for the best.

dool_girl

[4]Apr 16, 2009
    • level: 27
    I love Kris Allen. he is my fave so id be thrilled to see him win, but im just not sure. I really would be happy with either a Danny/Kris, Kris/Adam, or Adam/Danny final 2. But Ya i really didnt think Kris would be around long. I remember actually being mad when he made it in the top 12 during the top 36 and Matt Giruard didnt. But Kris has completely won me over! I think as long as he keeps performing great, his fan base will keep growing and growing! Will it be enough to beat Adam or Danny? Guess time will tell!

ninjasquirrel19

[5]Apr 16, 2009
    • level: 7
    I would love for that to happen, but I doubt it. I think the finale should be him and Allison, but it's obvious the judges want Adam and Danny.

stellarchick86

[6]Apr 16, 2009
    • level: 32
    I wouldnt bet money on it, man. My guess is that itll be: 4. Allison 3. Kris 2. Danny and 1. Adam (even though I personally would have it be 4. Anoop 3. Kris 2. Adam 1. Allison).

sialig

[7]Apr 17, 2009
    • level: 1
    Allison has a good rocker voice. I like rocker voices, but she is still so young and still hasn't found herself yet, AND her voice is still developing. Give her about 4 years, if she properly takes care of her voice, and she too could turn out to be awesome. Adam is already there now. His range and projection and controlled execution is amazing, let alone the stage performance. He is in a class of his own. With the tour experience, Allison's stage presence and confidence will develop to a professional level.
    For sure you will see a difference next year, just wait and see.

stellarchick86

[8]Apr 17, 2009
    Okay, no offense to anyone here personally, but please stop going on about Allison and how young she is like thats a reason not to vote for her or have her win. Ive heard it mentioned so many times before and it baffles me. Jordin Sparks was like the same age as her or a year older and she won and David Archuleta was like the same thing I think and he came in top 2. So seriously stop it- its not like shes been the only one-she can go far!

TreeHill_89

[9]Apr 17, 2009
    I liked Kris since White Chocolate group performance but always felt he was underrated ( same goes with Matt). I could him making it to the final 3.

goodridd

[10]Apr 17, 2009
    • level: 17
    I think Kris has no shot. It will be Adam for sure, even though I don't really care for him. My hope is that Allison wins. I can see Kris in the top 3, but no further.

taillow22

[11]Apr 17, 2009
    • level: 11
    Gokey will make it to fourth, if he survives disco week. This is speculating whos gonna be the top 3: Adam will (no duh), Lil, Matt, and Anoop have no chance, which leaves Allison, Kris, and Danny for the top 3 slots. I think Allison will, if SHE survives disco week. She is my personal favorite, and i THINK she has gotten the most amount of votes (yes, she even beat adam) for the past like 2 or 3 weeks, according to dialidol (under the 'raw number' setting). Kris or Danny... personaly, I would pick Kris, and I think that all of the girls voting will, too. that's my prediction.

Bloodbath_87

[12]Apr 17, 2009
    • level: 16
    He's my favorite on the show.

90210rox

[13]Apr 17, 2009
    • level: 14

^^Don't listen to DI all the time. They are barely accurate.

I love Kris. He's my second favorite guy, and third favorite overall contestant, but I don't think he can win it all, although he can definitely come close. I hope he makes it to the Top 3 at the most, but that person above was right in not underestimating Danny's fanbase. He still has a huge one, even though I feel Danny hasn't been as good as he had been a couple months ago, his fans still have massive support (coming from other forums). Danny could make it past Kris and maybe even Allison to the finale, however I want him to go in the Top 4. That's just the way it probably will go, since there's still some 'popularity contest' left in this competition. Adam will make it to the finale and most likely win due to popularity AND talent.

Overall, Kris is amazing, don't get me wrong. But he won't win, I bet.

stellarchick86

[14]Apr 18, 2009
    ^^Thats how I want it to be as well, though I would switch Allison for Adam but the Danny/Kris part I agree on.

Id have it go: 1. Allison 2. Adam 3. Kris and 4. Matt/Anoop. I like Anoop more in some ways because Matt can be more weird in song choices and not know what hes doing more than Anoop (hes been ok to me except for his 'Usher debacle') but because Anoop is so similar to Kris in tone of voice, and I really like Kris, Id rather have Matt, so Im torn

Bjbler2396

[15]Apr 18, 2009
    • level: 21

I doubt Kris has a chance, but it isn't impossible. I think he could make the finale over Danny because I feel like their fan bases are similar in size. Though Gokey does have that edge imo. But the only way Kris can beat Adam is if Adam goes home in a way like Chris Daughtry did in like the top 3-5 area. Kris is good, and i think he will make the top 4, top 5 at least. I think it would be SOOO interesting if Adam and Danny sailed through to the top 3 and Kris and Allison could get the third spot. That is where I think either Allison's fan base or Kris' fan base would start shining through.

-BJ

ebony_kunoichi

[16]Apr 20, 2009
    • level: 13

I predict that Kris will be in the top 4 or 5. I dont think he will win it all. No way. Danny and Adam are too popular. I dont think Allison stands a chance either, but maybe she has a shot, but I dont think her fan base is as large as the fellas I mentioned before.

Kris bores me to death. I forget that he is even on the show. He is like Jason Castro, or John Meyer, of Jason Mizsnore....er....Mizraz, or whatever. Boring singers with music on Starbucks soundtracks. They could put up a cardboard cut out of him and I wouldnt bat an eyelash. He is waaaay too goody goody and remindes me of an older version of Gaspy the Great, I cant stand Gaspy, but at least Gaspy could sing very well. Kris has a generic boy band voice. I don't like Adam's singing, but at least he brings it every week and he seems like he has some sort of personality or spice. I like spice. Kris is vanilla on a boring day in straight town. I wanna take him to Compton or something or maybe to the village late at night at a tranny club. I dunno.

boriscolombia

[17]May 21, 2009
    • level: 9
    WOW now is funny to see this, the original poster was tight. I always liked the guy and also noticed he was also one of the firs ones to be safe but never really taught him winning, honestly I thought it would be Danny or Alyson but then when he won against Danny I hoped he would win against Adam.

stellarchick86

[18]May 21, 2009
    Woah, the OP on this topic mustve been psychic man

diable666

[19]May 21, 2009
    • level: 2
    Near the end of the show. Kris became my favorite. Yep ,even before Adam. I like his voice. So i am pleased he won,but i would have never predicted his win over Adam.

Maxximus_Prime

[20]May 21, 2009
    • level: 8
    I guess Kris showed us... Even though I rooted for Adam, I'm glad for both of them. They'll both be graced with record deals and neither of them will be hurting for cash anytime soon.