American Idol Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on FOXBetween Seasons

Let him enjoy it

kahnevickersfan

[1]May 27, 2009
    • level: 6
    Ok im new to the borad and didn't really wanna go through and try and find this topic. First off let me say Congrats to Kris for winning. Next and my topic, LET HIM ENJOY WINNING! I am so tired of seeing articles saying "Did America get it wrong?" and now there saying that AT&T was able to influence him winning. This is getting out of hand, Kris won and Adam didn't. Now im not say that it was right for AT&T to do the whole texting deal or that Adam is not a great singer. I mean really who here didn't think the top 3 wouldn't get record deals? We all know that Adam will put out records and be great, I mean Queen even wants him as there new lead singer. So why not just leave Kris alone? He's a great singer too in a different way from Adam, so just let him put his album out and do his thing just like every other Idol. Sorry for the long rant, but the whole thing is just getting out of hand.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

XxIcingOnTopxX

[2]May 27, 2009
    • level: 11
    Yeh,everyone just thought Adam was a shoo-in. They are jsut in denial. They all need to know, it doesn't matter who wins in the competition, it is who will be more successful after being exposed to the music industry.

taillow22

[3]May 27, 2009
    • level: 11
    let kris enjoy it, omg. clearly, he deserved it, and adam has no problem with it. yes, adam was amazing, so was kris. it would have been good either way.

bonjovichick

[4]May 27, 2009
    • level: 16

Amen to all of the previous posters!

stellarchick86

[5]May 28, 2009
    • level: 32
    I agree with all of you as well, I hate when people are sore losers. Kris won and Adam didnt, big deal, it doesnt mean that Adam isnt going to do anything great. Like you guys have said, he got offered the position of lead singer for Queen, so obviously hes going to go far! What is this thought about texting/AT&T though? I heard about this but not really, basically that he got too many texts or something or that there was something wrong with the texts, but not sure WHY.

Bjbler2396

[6]May 28, 2009
    • level: 21
    Personally, I'm a huge Adam fan. BUT I even have to agree on this one. Adam WILL BE successful no matter what. Kris WILL BE successful no matter what. Making the finals will just about 99.99% guarantee you will get a recording contract ANYWAY (Every runner-up in A.I. history has gotten one). So both ADAM and KRIS will have their shot, so fellow Adam fans- please stop whining. Adam will one million percent be OKAY no matter what.

-BJ

kahnevickersfan

[7]May 29, 2009
    At the final party's for Kris and Adam in there hometown's there were AT&T people there with new phones and demoing them. Well at the parties for Kris the reps there showed people how to get 10 votes per text. Idol reps came out and said that there was no way that could have changed the winner though

stellarchick86

[8]May 29, 2009
    kahnevickersfan wrote:
    At the final party's for Kris and Adam in there hometown's there were AT&T people there with new phones and demoing them.

Ah, okay.
    kahnevickersfan wrote:
    Well at the parties for Kris the reps there showed people how to get 10 votes per text.

Oh...well thats.. kinda weird, lol.
    kahnevickersfan wrote:
    Idol reps came out and said that there was no way that could have changed the winner though

Ah, okay, well thats good then. I mean someone said around some lady was voting on 2 different phones because it was 2 different time zones for Adam or something (I cant explain it) so I dont think that should be allowed if this isnt lol. Thanks Kahnevickersfan! =)

Maxximus_Prime

[9]May 31, 2009
    • level: 8
    I don't understand why people were outraged about this decision. You could see it coming a mile away. The way I saw it, it was a 50/50 shot anyway... and Adam will be okay. After all, it was Adam that was (rumored to have been) offered to be lead singer of Queen, not Kris.

stellarchick86

[10]May 31, 2009
    Maxximus_Prime wrote:
    (rumored to have been) offered to be lead singer of Queen

No, he really did! I was watching Larry King the other night because the top 10 were on and there was a part where it was just Kris and Adam talking to Ryan (because for whatever reason Ryan [Seacrest] was filling in for Larry) and he asked Adam about it. Adam got offered the position but it would be at the same time as the Idol tour so Ryan was sort of like oh what are you going to do about that and Adam kinda chuckled and was like I really dont know. So the impression I got is that he'd rather be with Queen (who wouldnt?) but the top 10 probably has some sort of contractual obligation to be on tour so he's sort of stuck and thats where it was left. So unless Adams making it up for some reason, which I am doubting, then its not a rumour anymore. Just thought maybe youd want to know.
    Edited on 05/31/2009 12:12am
    Edited 2 total times.

dool_girl

[11]Jun 2, 2009
    • level: 27
    Yes I agree it has been driving me crazy that there has been stories like that all over! Let Kris enjoy his win. I mean seriously look at Adam he isnt even letting it bother him that he lost. In all the interviews Ive seen with him he is fine and knows that just because he won doesnt mean his life and career is over. So I dont understand why everyone else cant just drop it!

Atleast it is finally starting to die down.

Maxximus_Prime

[12]Jun 3, 2009
    • level: 8
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    Maxximus_Prime wrote:
    (rumored to have been) offered to be lead singer of Queen

No, he really did! I was watching Larry King the other night because the top 10 were on and there was a part where it was just Kris and Adam talking to Ryan (because for whatever reason Ryan [Seacrest] was filling in for Larry) and he asked Adam about it. Adam got offered the position but it would be at the same time as the Idol tour so Ryan was sort of like oh what are you going to do about that and Adam kinda chuckled and was like I really dont know. So the impression I got is that he'd rather be with Queen (who wouldnt?) but the top 10 probably has some sort of contractual obligation to be on tour so he's sort of stuck and thats where it was left. So unless Adams making it up for some reason, which I am doubting, then its not a rumour anymore. Just thought maybe youd want to know.

Thanks for the 411. I also heard Adam was offered a position in KISS. I don't know how much credence and truth is floating in that stream considering people like to make things up when they don't have a clue.

stellarchick86

[13]Jun 4, 2009
    Maxximus_Prime wrote:
    Thanks for the 411. I also heard Adam was offered a position in KISS. I don't know how much credence and truth is floating in that stream considering people like to make things up when they don't have a clue.

LOL! Now THAT is hilarious! I dont even get the impression Kiss is looking to reunite really, it was just a one shot thing...but I could be wrong of course lol. And youre welcome BTW.

90210rox

[14]Jun 4, 2009
    • level: 14

I'm a huge Adam fan (as you can see, heh), and I was upset for the night, but the first thing I said was congratulations to Kris. Dude, I love both Kris and Adam, I always said they both deserved it all along, and I'm extremely happy for Kris, and people should just be happy Adam made it that far. He said multiple times that he can't believe he even got as far as the Top 5 (probably because of how different he is, really). And he's more happy for Kris than anything. Now, he and the rest of his fans are just more focused on his post-Idol career, which will be explosive! I hope Kris becomes successful, too, he is a great all-around musician.

About KISS and Queen, I remember Gene Simmons saying that "he can tour with us anytime he wants". That was really cool. And I say that Adam should only take over the frontman position of Queen for, say, a special performance/tour only. I think he's looking to mainly be a solo artist, and I think he should be, too.

By the way... Kradam FTW! Checky my avi.

kahnevickersfan

[15]Jun 5, 2009
    Well at least there are some people out there who see what im saying. Im so glad it has died down(for now) you never know what people will start saying