American Idol Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on FOXBetween Seasons

Lil Rounds

nickity7

[1]Mar 1, 2009
    • level: 5

I personally think this year has been pretty bad except for danny adam and that red haired girl who sang heart

But it is clearly obvious that Lil is the best contestant and has been a standout the whole time

Anyone else agree?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

90210rox

[2]Mar 2, 2009
    • level: 14
    Lil is amazing. She will most likely be the best this week, 'cause I don't see her messing up, like some others before didn't live up to their standards. And, if she does mess up (less likely), well then, bah. Let's hope Scott's good, then.

yaminion

[3]Mar 3, 2009
    • level: 23
    lil is probably gonna be the top female vote getter this week and if not, the judges certainly will bring her back for the wild card. i dont see lil not getting through wednesday unless another girl does an incredible performance. lil is a little overrated though. i think she is old fashioned so i dont think she will win. i think danny and adam look like they will be the final 2 and danny will win based on what we have seen so far but i hope it is not that obvious. i love love love alexis. she seems like such a sweet girl and i like her more than a lot of the contestants this year. i hope mike and kris shock america and do very weel in this competition. man in the mirror was certainly one of the strongest performances of the first 2 groups. i thought it was really good. kris seems like a nice kid. i think lil and scott will go through.
    the third one is a tough one. nate is a good singer but i think after all the drama in hollywood people may not vote for him. i would like to see von go through. he is a really good singer. as for the wild card, they are probably gonna bring back tatiana and nick for drama and comedy.
    i think out of the first 2 groups anoop matt g and megan may go through and maybe ricky has a chance as well.

myintermail

[4]Mar 4, 2009
    • level: 7
    IMO she was not really that great AT ALL. At least Syesha from S7 was entertaining than her, even though she lacks vocal strengths. Lil isn't that great of a singer if you want to compare with Jennifer Hudson (S3), LaToya London (S3) and Melinda Doolittle (S6).

Regardless, she'll win the top girl in her group, if not the WC round.

Losterrific

[5]Mar 4, 2009
    • level: 9

Lil rounds is just another Rihanna. A girl who, if she makes it, will become an R&B or Rap singer - we don't need that on American Idol. Honestly if you're going to go on American Idol then use your real name and stop being fake. If you want a stage name wait until you're on your own stage. She's an okay singer but not the least bit interesting, rather bland and boring.

nickel2006

[6]Mar 4, 2009
    • level: 48
    She reminds me of Fantasia.

sylent_asassin

[7]Mar 4, 2009
    • level: 26
    She's pretty good, but not great like everyone raves. All this does is illustrate how shallow the talent pool is this season. You can count the most talented singers on one hand while just about everyone else falls somewhere in the middle. It's a pretty mediocre season.

FredMichaels

[8]Mar 4, 2009
    • level: 2
    I totally agree that Lil is the best singer on the show. She may not have the following that some do but she has the most, and by far the most, talent in the third group. Go Lil!!!!!

TvCrazy

[9]Mar 5, 2009
    • level: 10
    Losterrific wrote:

Lil rounds is just another Rihanna. A girl who, if she makes it, will become an R&B or Rap singer - we don't need that on American Idol. Honestly if you're going to go on American Idol then use your real name and stop being fake. If you want a stage name wait until you're on your own stage. She's an okay singer but not the least bit interesting, rather bland and boring.

That is her real name. Lil is short for Lillian and her last name is Rounds...

haldrey

[10]Mar 5, 2009
    • level: 22
    Lil Rounds is the one to beat.

skellington8

[11]Apr 2, 2009
    • level: 10
    Lil Rounds is the best. I hope she wins. I hope we see her for many Lil Rounds. HAHAHA!

ShyXena

[12]Apr 2, 2009
    • level: 11
    I love Lil' Rounds. My favorite this season is Lil' Rounds and Adam Lambert, I hope they go far!

myintermail

[13]Apr 2, 2009
    • level: 7
    My god her version of "I Surrender" sucks a lot. Even Kelly Clarkson who was sick sings even better than her. Anthony Fedorov (S4) had a fantastic version of this song as well. Lil's version falls flat compared to the two.

Bjbler2396

[14]Apr 6, 2009
    • level: 21

Lil is a tough one with me. I think she is EXTREMELY overrated, but at the same time I feel like I keep waiting for a spectacular performance every week because I believe she can sing. I think as the weeks go by though, I like her less and less, and now she is my fifth favorite out of eight behind 1) Adam/ Allison 2) Adam/ Allison 3) Kris 4) Matt. I will take her overratedness over Danny though, but I think it's mainly because he is pimped to win this whole thing, which kills me a little inside that AI thinks they can shove him down our throats.

-BJ

ebony_kunoichi

[15]Apr 6, 2009
    • level: 13

Losterrific, U totally got owned!

Yeah her name is lil Rounds! Rhianna and her shouldnt be in the same sentence. Rhianna has a unique style and is more pop than R&B. LiL Rounds isnt young enough for that demographic. She will go the way of Mantasia or Beyonce(shudders). I love good R&B music, but today's music is more club type stuff with hip hop fusion. R&B in it's true form is dead. No one wants to listen to a whole album from a newcomer that is full of slow music. Jennifer Hudson did o.k., Lil should try for acting or touring to make her ends meat. The reality is that if your a black female singer the music studio's give you two options: Pop or R&B. Not country, or rock, or hip hop, or even pop-rock. Nope, just R&B and Pop. It's sad really.

blackbond21

[16]Apr 6, 2009
    • level: 4
    It's almost as if you're waiting for her to come into her own, but it's just never quite there. Make no mistake she's got the best vocals, but in what's shaping up to be the worst season talent wise for AI that's not saying much.

Bjbler2396

[17]Apr 6, 2009
    • level: 21

blackbond21 wrote:
    It's almost as if you're waiting for her to come into her own, but it's just never quite there. Make no mistake she's got the best vocals, but in what's shaping up to be the worst season talent wise for AI that's not saying much.

I totally agree about the talent thiis season. It isn't as good as last year, or any year since season 2-3. I think that a HUGE reason why is that there was a top 36. I was sort of surprised that AI brought it back because of some terrible talent that they got before from it such as Jon Peter Lewis, Leah Labelle, JOHN STEVENS, Camille Velasco, and also alot from S2. I think the top 24 was good because the contestants had to pass three tests to get to the top 12, versus one or one sucky one and one good one to make a wildcard. I guess that's a little off topic... but still.

-BJ

ebony_kunoichi

[18]Apr 7, 2009
    • level: 13

lil rounds is overrated and so is her merkin.

MrShotShot

[19]Apr 7, 2009
    • level: 15

Unfortunately Lil seems to be going the way of many past stand-out singers on AI.

She started very strong, but it wasn't long before she began to crack - whether it's song choice or her inability to keep up with the pace, she has been in decline in recent weeks. I've read a lot of reviews saying that she has a fairly untrained approach and it is beginning to show through. That's not taking anything away from her natural ability, but she clearly needs to hone her skills with some professional training.

imthemediagirl

[20]Apr 7, 2009
    • level: 12
    yeah, at first she seemed confident and i really liked her r&b style but with this new hairstyle she suddenly lost it!